Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frostguard Support Build

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This is literally the worst build I've ever seen.

You shut your mouth!

I bet this build can solo the wolves in the starting area; something a scrub like you has trouble with.

You’re falling into the trap of splitting your stats, which outside of one class right now doesn’t really work as everything either scales off Weapon Damage + AP for damage moves or Support Power for healing. (Theirs some more relevant secondary stats but these are the core bits) This may change a bit with 6.4 depending on how the attribute change shake out, but that’s TBD.

So in the end you need to pick one way or the other, and some promotions aren’t gonna be particularly good at certain roles due to where their perks lie and which stats you’re pursuing. Frostguard is a CC build and a good candidate for applying Blackmantle, a debuff that absorbs healing. When built correctly they have 3-4 sources of mantle. They fit a utility role very well, but their damage is significantly lower than most other options and they have no healing perks. Also since they will be using volatile for knockdowns they don’t get much time to mess with the healing abilities even if they had them so they don’t have a heal/support power build that works very well. It just doesn’t play to any of the strengths of the promo.

As others have said elsewhere, PvE will not teach you much of anything in this game, don’t put much stock in a build based on how it performs against mobs.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

Lol, wow...you guys haven't played many customer build games have you? I'm feeling the toxicity 🤢. Keep it coming though... I'm enjoying the cold comments 🥶

I think for the most part you're getting memed because there no real confirmation or real player vs player testing done. Not even in an EK. If you could back up some of the claims or show proof people would be more inclined to actually discuss the builds. Spilt builds were made pretty terrible with the 6.2 changes but if they think you have great build go out and prove it. From first glance the build looks sub-optimal and from testing similar builds this doesn't look nearly as strong as you think it is. I would suggest talking to some guildmates and running in an EK or hoping on TEST when 6.4 drops. 

Edited by Communist_Puppy

14 minutes ago, Mysticraven said:

Lol, wow...you guys haven't played many customer build games have you? I'm feeling the toxicity 🤢. Keep it coming though... I'm enjoying the cold comments 🥶

We have, I’m just trying to help ya a bit. The math just doesn’t work for hybrid builds because the two side of damage and healing scale off completely different stats with no real overlap, the math isn’t there. We’ve built these, we’ve messed with weird combos, we’ve tried them in our group comps, etc...

What your specific build is gonna run into is low dmg and low healing. On top of the base FG just not getting any perks or stat boosts to either side of dmg/healing (cause it’s a CC/Tank promo) you end up with something that doesn’t excel at anything. It doesn’t have enough damage to overpower an actual healer, it doesn’t have enough healing to stop a dps, and it doesn’t have enough tank to overcome either of those other problems. In a group comp you wouldn’t be doing much besides knocking people down with volatile ice as other classes/builds will do your other “jobs” waaaaay better than you can.

It’s okay that some builds don’t work, I’ve made plenty of poorly made dergsty characters and scrapped them. (Pour one out for assassins, been 2 years I think now?)

And I hate this type of thing but if ya really want just ask around: my guild doesn’t enforce builds, our general policy is do what ya want cause I rather have someone stick around then not play at all. Will we explain and encourage more optimal choices? Hell yea. And hey sometimes we’re wrong too and we find something new, but the only way to do that is by actually discussing the details and taking the feedback/criticism and looking at the details. Yes theirs plenty of toxic hogwash commentary without anything useful around here, but don’t kneejerk to everything that way. 

xqqtx8P.png

29 minutes ago, Mysticraven said:

hehe welcome to crowfall brother, if your not facerolling people noone wants to see your build :D

28 minutes ago, Duffy said:

We have, I’m just trying to help ya a bit. The math just doesn’t work for hybrid builds because the two side of damage and healing scale off completely different stats with no real overlap, the math isn’t there. We’ve built these, we’ve messed with weird combos, we’ve tried them in our group comps, etc...

What your specific build is gonna run into is low dmg and low healing. On top of the base FG just not getting any perks or stat boosts to either side of dmg/healing (cause it’s a CC/Tank promo) you end up with something that doesn’t excel at anything. It doesn’t have enough damage to overpower an actual healer, it doesn’t have enough healing to stop a dps, and it doesn’t have enough tank to overcome either of those other problems. In a group comp you wouldn’t be doing much besides knocking people down with volatile ice as other classes/builds will do your other “jobs” waaaaay better than you can.

It’s okay that some builds don’t work, I’ve made plenty of poorly made dergsty characters and scrapped them. (Pour one out for assassins, been 2 years I think now?)

And I hate this type of thing but if ya really want just ask around: my guild doesn’t enforce builds, our general policy is do what ya want cause I rather have someone stick around then not play at all. Will we explain and encourage more optimal choices? Hell yea. And hey sometimes we’re wrong too and we find something new, but the only way to do that is by actually discussing the details and taking the feedback/criticism and looking at the details. Yes theirs plenty of toxic hogwash commentary without anything useful around here, but don’t kneejerk to everything that way. 

Math... that's interesting 🤔, my background is financing and economics. I also have 20 years experience as a private tester for gaming companies. 😜

1 minute ago, Bear_dad said:

If your a man of science then your vod is a theory, theory's must be proven. Please post crowfall pvp videos proving your theory and the trolls will stop I'm sure :D

I'll definitely be recording videos of the builds. I'm one who always enjoys highlighting my work, on my channel. It also helps lure my ESO crew to this title.

1 hour ago, Mysticraven said:

You're not the first person to try this build type is all. People who have been here for 5 years see new people crop up all the time, post their ideas like they discovered something new, then disappear after a few months. Rinse repeat.

I tried out support FG for like 3 months last year. Didn't feel very impactful.

Duffy is very astute, has a very good take on this.

45 minutes ago, Duffy said:

First off... I'm a known MMOer in the world. I've tested for some of the top companies, and titles you probably have played. Second...I always check my math, and the functionality of anything I submit. Third...I also am very clear what the purpose of each build I upload, so players don't get the wrong idea. Fourth...I appreciate the advice...but I don't cling to cookie cutter garbage when I've proven the relevance of diminishing returns in MMOs. I provide a different approach based on individuals play style that's productive.

Had you actually played games like Rift, ESO, and SWG, you'd had seen the devs here in Crowfall gave you hundreds of customization in your character. Yet....here you all are... acting like some elite brats that will turn players off from the game. 

If you want players to come and enjoy the game, so it can be a success... y'all need to stop being so toxic