Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone here plans to get vaccinated for Covid-19? Personally I'm reluctant considering it's a whole new type of vaccine that hasn't been used yet for mass vaccination. (hopefully I don't write something inaccurate) The normal way of vaccinating is by injecting attenuated or dead viruses into the body that our immune system is going to learn to fight. The new technology used for Covid-19, "mRNA vaccines", uses messenger RNA that invades our cells and hijacks the protein-making machinery to force it produce coronavirus spike proteins that give it its crown-like appearance. I'm aware that viruses can have similar functions, infecting cells and making them create RNA and proteins. However I think it's not exactly how the mRNA vaccines work. I've read that the vaccine doesn't change the genetic code. They have tested the vaccines on humans for immediate and short-term negative effects on health, but what about long-term? It's impossible to know about that. Yet if we don't get vaccinated and the virus continues to harm and kills thousands of people, it's not any better. What's your opinion?

*Disclaimer: I am not a professional, nor a researcher that has gained an unbiased wealth of knowledge to provide any constructive feedback on the subject.

I think we should ask ourselves why mRNA and not the traditional viral vector? Also check CDC website and take in consideration "Appendix B: Ingredients included in Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines" Link

So when approaching it from that angle, I love the picture since our body is 60% water? 😅

The unexplored, unknown and massively complex working of our bodies/system. You're messing with the unknown, so expect something unknown to happen?

69a637432c63e70b2b77738be4397dcc00e6061e

_115863827_untitled.png

Source

*Content gets created by those who stand and fight!*

I've received my two vaccines (Pfizer) and so far only had a sore shoulder for a day.

We should be cautious of what is being put into our bodies that could potentially harm us now or in the future. From the data I could actually understand, the risk didn't outweigh the benefit for me.

Even with the vaccine rolling out, there are plenty of people that will refuse it, continue to not wear a mask, practice social distancing, or basic common sense hygiene. Until herd immunity is in full swing, those out in the world are going to be at risk and those they interact with at home will be at risk.

Haven't had the flu since I was a child but I still get the vaccine every year. I'd rather not feel like crap for a few days if I can avoid it and am willing to risk vaccines. Not that they guarantee anything either.

I work in a hospital and have been in contact with several patients and co-workers that are or have been positive. It was an easy choice for me but understand why others have doubts. My hope is people at least follow the very easy guidelines if they aren't willing to get the vaccine themselves. AFAIK all my co-workers, friends, family that have had covid got it not following the guidelines that are IMO extremely easy to do. Luckily they are all fine, but to me, such behavior is a greater risk to themselves and everyone around them then two shots in the arm.

Old native Americans believed that Photography was stealing their souls.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke

We humans fear change by nature.

The pandemic has already changed our lives - for some with a heavy mark.

Technological advancements have changed our lives. Not all for the better but as a race we seem to have progressed.

This technology (vaccine like) is going to change our lives again. I can't say if for better or worse though.

As a medical doctor I can tell anyone that there is no guarantee! 

"The only constant in life is change!" -Heraclitus - and we, as a species, are changing/evolving/advancing :)

Edited by Prometeu

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

6 hours ago, APE said:

I work in a hospital and have been in contact with several patients and co-workers that are or have been positive. It was an easy choice for me but understand why others have doubts. My hope is people at least follow the very easy guidelines if they aren't willing to get the vaccine themselves. AFAIK all my co-workers, friends, family that have had covid got it not following the guidelines that are IMO extremely easy to do. Luckily they are all fine, but to me, such behavior is a greater risk to themselves and everyone around them then two shots in the arm.

I am on a very large project that never shutdown, we easily hit 25% testing positive by summer. Folks got it multiple times, no-rhyme or reason to who got sick or how sick they got and nobody died out of a sample size of a few thousands. I will wait for a non mRNA version.

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

I am on a very large project that never shutdown, we easily hit 25% testing positive by summer. Folks got it multiple times, no-rhyme or reason to who got sick or how sick they got and nobody died out of a sample size of a few thousands. I will wait for a non mRNA version.

Having seen patients that were relatively healthy before covid have lasting harm done to them, it isn't just about dying or having the sniffles for a few days.

I'm not afraid of dying myself, but if I can prevent or decrease having any health issues from something I have a decent chance of catching, I'm going to do what I can.

My wife's company transitioned to WFH early last year but not before one died from her company of ~500 employees, although they had underlying conditions.

To each their own, still hope everyone follows guidelines as best they can. Doesn't seem to be evidence mRNA is to be feared, but a lot is unknown. My hospital's vaccination rate is ~65% I believe. Plenty in healthcare not jumping on board yet. Get daily updates of employees testing positive in different departments. We've moved on to parents/spouses 65+ since so many employees passed on it.

Edited by APE

4 hours ago, APE said:

Having seen patients that were relatively healthy before covid have lasting harm done to them, it isn't just about dying or having the sniffles for a few days.

I'm not afraid of dying myself, but if I can prevent or decrease having any health issues from something I have a decent chance of catching, I'm going to do what I can.

My wife's company transitioned to WFH early last year but not before one died from her company of ~500 employees, although they had underlying conditions.

To each their own, still hope everyone follows guidelines as best they can. Doesn't seem to be evidence mRNA is to be feared, but a lot is unknown. My hospital's vaccination rate is ~65% I believe. Plenty in healthcare not jumping on board yet. Get daily updates of employees testing positive in different departments. We've moved on to parents/spouses 65+ since so many employees passed on it.

I have /had 2 brothers and 3 sisters. Last month one of my brothers died from COVID-19. So, in MY sample set it 20%!

macdeath_sig.png

On 1/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, Jamin said:

*Disclaimer: I am not a professional, nor a researcher that has gained an unbiased wealth of knowledge to provide any constructive feedback on the subject.

I think we should ask ourselves why mRNA and not the traditional viral vector? Also check CDC website and take in consideration "Appendix B: Ingredients included in Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines" Link

So when approaching it from that angle, I love the picture since our body is 60% water? 😅

The unexplored, unknown and massively complex working of our bodies/system. You're messing with the unknown, so expect something unknown to happen?

69a637432c63e70b2b77738be4397dcc00e6061e

_115863827_untitled.png

Source

As benefits of mRNA vaccines, I've read "[...] mRNA vaccines aren't grown in eggs or cells, a time-consuming and costly process" (yet I believe some traditional Covid-19 vaccines were made available before mRNA ones) and "One of the biggest benefits of the mRNA platform is its flexibility, Pardi says -- for example, he is currently investigating ways to encode multiple viral proteins into a single vaccine, which could help produce a more potent immune response against a virus." (but it doesn't seem to apply to Covid-19 vaccine). mRNA vaccines also seem to be more costly than traditional ones.

Very interesting information you've provided, thanks!

On 1/27/2021 at 5:36 PM, APE said:

I've received my two vaccines (Pfizer) and so far only had a sore shoulder for a day.

We should be cautious of what is being put into our bodies that could potentially harm us now or in the future. From the data I could actually understand, the risk didn't outweigh the benefit for me.

Even with the vaccine rolling out, there are plenty of people that will refuse it, continue to not wear a mask, practice social distancing, or basic common sense hygiene. Until herd immunity is in full swing, those out in the world are going to be at risk and those they interact with at home will be at risk.

Haven't had the flu since I was a child but I still get the vaccine every year. I'd rather not feel like crap for a few days if I can avoid it and am willing to risk vaccines. Not that they guarantee anything either.

Good news that you didn't have important side effects from it.

Some members of the family also receive seasonal flu vaccine every year, even though they don't really have risk factors.

Yea I understand that working in an hospital makes the choice a lot easier!

On 1/27/2021 at 5:38 PM, Prometeu said:

Old native Americans believed that Photography was stealing their souls.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke

We humans fear change by nature.

The pandemic has already changed our lives - for some with a heavy mark.

Technological advancements have changed our lives. Not all for the better but as a race we seem to have progressed.

This technology (vaccine like) is going to change our lives again. I can't say if for better or worse though.

As a medical doctor I can tell anyone that there is no guarantee! 

"The only constant in life is change!" -Heraclitus - and we, as a species, are changing/evolving/advancing :)

I agree that we are often reluctant to change, although so much has changed in the last 50 years so we're getting used to it I guess.

If the mRNA vaccines prove to be the most effective, polyvalent and safe technology, I'll surely be praising its capabilities.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:55 PM, APE said:

There are some crazy symptoms with covid, I have personally heard from and seen firsthand of 100's of cases and there is nothing stock standard as far as I cam see. I know of one person that seems dumber or slower after the corona. I am being quite serious, this person is diminished. a small few have gotten long term weakness. So there are outlier cases that seem to have longer (permanent?) effects. 

Trust me I am not discounting the virus, just being realistic about it. We, collectively as humans failed to contain this beast, that ship has sailed in my opinion. Now, its just a matter of time till we all get it, since I fear its added to the cyclical flu strains we experience. Even now the south africa mutation is starting to negate the current treatments. Didnt J&J and Novertex recently report on their trials done in africa? I thought I seen 50% effective against this new dominant strain.

No, I will wait for more studies before guinea pigging this medicine. I sadly was forced to take part in the anthrax vaccine scandal 2 decades ago in the military so I know firsthand that medicines need more then cursory trials.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:02 AM, MacDeath said:

I have /had 2 brothers and 3 sisters. Last month one of my brothers died from COVID-19. So, in MY sample set it 20%!

Sorry you had to go through that. Makes it hard to ignore when it happens so close to home while some still believe covid isn't even real.

22 hours ago, francis101 said:

Good news that you didn't have important side effects from it.

Some members of the family also receive seasonal flu vaccine every year, even though they don't really have risk factors.

Yea I understand that working in an hospital makes the choice a lot easier!

So far the worst I've heard from those I know is having fever for a day or so.

I've read of people having allergic reactions but they seem to come on quickly and why most vaccination locations should keep people around for 15+ min to make sure nothing serious happens quickly.

I've known a few people that have become allergic to shellfish, avocadoes, and peanuts as adults out of no where. Sending a few of them to the hospital.

Some patients have a long list of allergies/reactions to medication and unfortunately it's basically trial and error. No way to know for sure what something will do until it does. The fear of rDNA vaccines might have some merit potentially, but seems to be all theory currently. 

17 hours ago, mystafyi said:

No, I will wait for more studies before guinea pigging this medicine. 

I was going to hold out myself but said screw it, what's the worst that could happen. My wife likely won't get the vaccine for a while if ever. While I've told my mother to get it ASAP due to her high risk. It isn't one size fits all and with the different versions popping up, who knows what is going to happen. Fire has to burn out eventually.

I'm scheduled to get mine through the VA but I'm very hesitant, considering history. They've just linked this current Coronavirus to be very similar to what was considered the Russian Flu back in 1889 and it killed a similar % of the people infected as our current corona virus. But the scary thing is, that the Russian Flu is what made the Spanish flu (that came 30 years later around 1918) so deadly for all the 20-40 year olds. Because they had been exposed to the Russian flu, they were less able to fight off the spanish flu and died very quickly when they were exposed to it. I'm worried about this happening to our nations children.  Will this vaccine help prevent this current pandemic but doom them for a future pandemic. Who honestly knows for sure. Couple this with the fact that the NA released vaccines made possible through CRISPR technology to literally bind to and change your RNA at a molecular level. you have to wonder what's going on? WHY are the european vaccines being released use the old vaccine technology and not this one... BECAUSE ITS a damn experiment and the europeans are the control group. They make you feel like its a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. And it honestly kinda is.

Personally, I'm more worried about population control 30 years in the future when the worlds population (estimated 9.7billion by 2050) nears 11 billion which is the earth's current limit, according to most ecologists. This seems like a time they are more likely to curb population growth if things become critical. Hopefully future technologies like vertical hydroponics and aeroponics systems and advanced water filtration systems will help raise the population cap. But again, who knows for sure.

Here is a quick youtube video to help you grasp what I'm saying: around the 3minute mark is what is important.

Edited by Omen

Eat or be eaten

• 1 month later...

got the 2nd jab last weekend. still here but was hurting for a couple days after. (moderna)

Eat or be eaten