Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.400 TEST - Community Top 5 likes and dislikes thread.

Hello Crows! 

It's time for a new Top 5 likes and dislikes feedback thread.  We have 6.400 on TEST with many changes, and some that were requested in the last Feedback threads.  

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Thanks for helping out with these feedback threads! If you have something you'd like to see focused on in these threads feel free to let me know! 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

• Lobby Changes
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  War Tribe gear just as good as crafted : why am I investing in making a crafter if I can just get similar loot from a chest or boss.
  •  Dregs 20% drop 100% harvester protection : why are turning Dregs into a nekkid harvestathon
  •  Vessel changes mean all that matters is your final vessel be it Epic or Legendary : common through to rare = trash made to unlock last 2 tiers which allow you to hit cap on main stat, at which point you then invest in additives.
  •  Crafting outside of Jewelery and Necromancy redundant as free world drops can better early game and match early late game items
  •  Pinnacle realm "Dregs" = easy win only engagements, trash gear used, 30% durability loss on death means penalized for using higher durability gear (we've been through this argument before) Small guilds excluded as item drop and inven drop means zerg hugging required for fear of losing gear.

• New infected layout is nice and should help with crowding at release.  However, the NPE takes place entirely in GR so lvls 1-18 in infected seem a bit of a waste.
  • Vessel upgrades have potential, though white green and blue are going to be throwaway vessels - no one's going to bother with additives and trying to max vessels until epic or legendary.  Not having to go through the NPE for each new vessel is nice.
  • New lobby is probably an improvement, once I get used to it.  New character display is definitely an improvement
  • Crowpedia is an excellent start
  •  

•  You missed the mark on easy come easy go.  The easy go part is there, but easy come is not.  Crafted gear breaks faster and equipped gear can be lost on death.  That's definitely easy go.  But it's still time consuming and materials-intensive to craft replacement gear.  That's definitely not easy come.
  •  Having to use email addresses instead of account names to login to the patcher is annoying.
  •  Bleeds don't stack or overwrite.  What's the point in me investing my discipline choices in +bleeding discs to get 400 per tick bleeds if they never get applied because Joe schmoe has a 175pt bleed on my target already?
  •  Balance still sucks.  You made a couple of random changes but balance is still well outta whack. 
  •  You added powers to the talent tree - many classes already have a full bar's worth of powers and you've added two more to the tree.  No room for racial or discipline powers at this rate.    WoW's tiered talent trees where you choose one of three talents in each tier feels less restrictive and yet allows you to force us to choose between strong powers.  Your current tree forces some powers on us that we may not want.
  • The chance of loss of equipped gear on death (in an enviornment where replacing that gear is time and materials intensive) means that people will be even more hesitant to seek our fair fights or to fight when outnumbered.  That's exactly the opposite of what we want.  People should be seeking out fun fights, not looking to overwhelm any opposition through weight of numbers to ensure safe victories.
Edited by Durenthal

• A lot of the trees changes are well done. I cannot speak on all classes but at least for Duelist, Assassin, and Ranger the tree changes are very well done. Pay Rhea more. He did a great job.
  • A lot of small quality of life changes and additions. There a lot of things that have been added in that makes this game feel like a real MMO. Emotes, a great new entry screen. Stats when crafting vessels, the goddamn Crowpedia. All great additions.
  • I think the infected changes as well as the vessel changes will be great in the long run of the game. Attributes system has already lead to some newer diverse builds excited to see what people do. 
  •  
  •  

•  Ganking doesn't seem like it will be worth it towards harvester. If the naked harvest then I get nothing for stopping their supply change? Wtf? I would like to see this removed. Make players actually have to defend their harvesters. Too many guilds in game have been lazy about this. Force guilds out into the world to have to protect their supply chains. A get out of jail free card is not good. Allow players the chance to punish poor play. 
  •  20% system is going to lead to a lot of gear fear and frustration. Most dregs I average around 160 - 200 kills. That is a lot of stolen gear and frustration. Those that continue to gankIng are going to be hated as it's going to suck to not only die to a gank but then to have your items that you worked hard on stripped away. I gank a ton and have a pretty strong grasp on the PVP in the game. I 100% feel like It's going to feel even more toxic than it currently is. Guilds with players that cannot get back up sets are going to be SOL if they die during a siege of a fort fight. This leads to less content and even less fights than we already have. Ideally I would like to see dura values on death turned a lot higher. It would accomplish the same thing without causing fear among players. The best way I could sum this up is right now I might take a fight that is not in my favor because its fun. Even if I lose I have a fun time fighting and playing the game. If I am just going to rng drop parts of my kit. Why do I take that fight at all? Solo roaming is going to take a big hit with this and this encourages even less play time in the off hours. We will more than likely see even less fort and castle fights and very little solo play. I hope I am wrong. 
  •  100% there needs to be changes to interactions with stealth in this game. I have been harping on this for months but if you take anything away from this please: Add passive perception, Add stam to stealth, give duelist a better tunnel animation (I know you changed it recently, its still very poor). I'm saying this as a stealth only player. Stealth is not balanced. Its need a good pass. There is a great thread on this matter that I will link here:
  • Crafting needs a bit of love. There difference between crafted and WT is a bit too skewed. Crafted should be a good alternative. Right now with the value of WT crafted is kind of a joke. It's not something that you want to work towards. Coupled with the 20% system its a liability not something that is fun to work towards. Increase dmg values or lower dmg values on WT and switch to a dura system would help this system.  
  •  Crafting system and rng system still feel horrible. Not much else to say it still feels very unfun. More steps doesn't mean more complex. It means its annoying and tedious. Especially if you want to switch to a system in which crafting is more reliant. Look at eliminating some of the steps. Does crafting really need to take 30 minutes. I think the changes for wood working were a great step but a lot more needs to be done. 

I really don't know if I want to play come 6.4. The rng drop system is an extreme turn off. I personally would like control around the risks and loss that I am going to take when engaging in a fight. A random element just feels like I am getting robbed even if I am losing less in the long run compared to a full loot system. Even more I feel like those that are less proficient in PVP will suffer even more than they already do. 

Edited by Communist_Puppy

• Changes to lobby (good/bad) It's a huge QoL change because its much nicer on the eyes
  • Crowpedia (this is a huge step for QoL changes)
  • Vessel change and more permanent character changes 

•  100% protection for harvesters? we asked for mobile banking to be removed because people are to safe and you added in a way to make them even SAFER.
  •  Temples being the main hub over the free city still feels very weird.
  •  Changes to lobby (good/bad) here its bad because it feels very awkward to have to jump to a lobby screen instead of one world where you are porting to your EK via an NPC or a mechanic attached to the free city

Top 5 likes and why

• General Menu UI looks incredible now. Less confusing nomenclature, menu that flavorfully reflects the game world while still maintaining intuitive progression from GR to Dregs, bank tabs, hell even the item pickup notifications are 1000x better than before. Really impressed with this specifically.
  • Crowpedia is amazing and was dearly needed, since most community driven efforts at stuff like this are hard to stay motivated to keep up-to-date. It'd be better if it contained more solid numbers in the tooltips (even locked behind LeftCtrl like in the skill menu or a deeper hotlink) so I don't have to test all of the debuff values and such on discs I'd be considering as a new player though. It might not seem like much for us to test them on each other but it's a few irritating hoops to jump through that more casual players wouldn't bother with, who might otherwise feel excited by all of the possibilities.
  • More worthwhile actives and stats in talent trees (for the latter specifically on newer vessels, the later vessels seem maybe a bit too cookie cutter for my tastes due to how caps and stat acquisition feel, but probably needs more time to see how it'll pan out) really have opened up more possible builds which has been fun to try. We'll settle into a more comfortable meta soon I'm sure but the slow expansion of some things like anti-healing and targeted debuffs in talents and discs feels like ACE is responding a bit to player feedback on allowing more reward for coordination and more focused and variable group PvP.
  • VFX demarcation has much less overlap right now with the new spell graphics, easier to identify distinct spells, love the direction that's going. Still having issues with healing orbs, etc. not being rendered even on relatively high settings at 60fps with only 3-4 people in an EK, thus performance feels improved but still causing direct issues for PvP.
  • SFX changes are stellar, audio cues for combat reaction and general atmosphere are greatly improved. Love this. Hope we can get some big fights in to test if the audio still cuts during big sieges/respawns.

Top 5 Dislikes and why

• Stealth's uninteractibility in its current form discourages play outside of siege hours for most classes. Stealth needs to be fun, but there are 0 ways for a Myrmidon for instance to force any risk upon a stealth class like Assassin or Duelist when initiated upon in a gank. The initiator of a stealth gank should have an advantage for sure, but should not be able to fight essentially risk-free against all but Rangers in essence if Crowfall wants more people out on the map. This extant problem will be compounded by the increased sense of loss with item drop in the game now. A game where the only people on the map are naked harvesters, stealth classes, and rangers until siege time is not one that encourages any sense of atmosphere or diversity in gameplay. Please read Doomstove's stealth thread
  • Crafting with these new item drop changes will compound its extant tedium. At least meaningfully lower the mat cost of items or make them reproducible in a less time-demanding format if they both drop and last for far less time now. It's a huge investment in time and effort that seems decoupled from the payoff since these new changes are around, speaking as someone who harvested a great deal even in a collective effort to get one crafter up this last wipe, before the devaluation of these kinds of items came in. I think the drop and decay changes are a cool idea but there has been no commensurate change in the crafting of them.
  • Client Instability. Only a problem for me on this new Test patch, have only disconnected maybe twice in the 2+ months I've been playing on Live but D/C most times I try to join an EK now.
  • Specific Balance Gripe. Blood Rose is custarded up yo, I know the Guinecean players have been complaining about it for a while but the strange damage type and source it's tagged with creates further issues as well, such as Titan and Battlerager modified Berserk somehow not healing it as incoming damage, which makes it so a minor disc that requires basically 0 thought or setup can invalidate entire mechanics that promotions are built around without counterplay, I know its interaction with bleed causes issues like this for Duelists as well. Make it a point target active or something at least, being able to stick it on 5 at once constantly with no downtime or resource sacrifice is pretty ridiculous and has an oppressive effect on character builds that'll only be compounded with higher-group-number campaign rules.
  • Harvester Resource Protection. Should exist but 100% inventory mat protection is far overtuned. 4-6 inv slots scaling from blue to gold belt seems reasonable maybe, and would encourage harvesters to both A: slot valuable 20% drop chance gear and not be naked and B: actually be worth killing and get people out on the map to drive PvP. No one's going to have a lot of fun Brig ganking basically helpless naked harvesters for no reward being the main off-hours gameplay loop.

• I really like the changes to attributes.  I haven't fully played around with it enough yet, but I've already made at least one build that works really well that doesn't just get the Attack Power / Support Power stat to 200.  The stat bundle + talent tree changes are also extremely welcoming.  I was hyped to take a stat bundle!  What a world!
  • So much QOL or fun little things or UX things.  Emotes are great.  New lobby is great.  New character creation screen is great.  The little pop-up when you scroll over a discipline that tells you how to get one with a hotkey to go to the Crowpedia is great.  The little loot notification is great.  The extra graphical flair when you pick up an orange item on that notification is great.  Massive props to the team for this one.
  • The new leveling flow is awesome.  Much prefer leveling vessels this way and like the new NPE flow in general.
  • I like the idea of gear drop being implemented as a system in the game, but I have some misgivings (that will be explained below).  I would prefer at least some ruleset in this game to have gear drop, but it gear churn needs to be tuned properly for it to work, and I am not certain that it is tuned properly right now.  No system is perfect on first pass so that is to be expected.
  • I like the help that was given to crafters to protect their discipline grind from going out of control due to RNG.  Anything to mitigate how unfun the discipline grind is helps a lot.

•  100% item drop protection for putting on a minor disc is wack as hell.  I'd like to see the chance increase with harvesting disc quality, so maybe it starts at 20 on white, then goes to 30, 40, 50, 60% as you go up the color grade. 
  • As I said above, I quite like the gear drop mechanism being added to the game, but after talking to a lot of other players about it I don't know if the system will be tuned properly.  Random gear drop can be annoying and the banking system in the game makes it annoying to replace gear right now.  I have to go back to my keep, a temple, or rez with potentially no weapon and run to a bank nearby to replace my items.  There are a lot of ways to solve this problem.  Crafted gear might also be too painful to make still for crafted gear drop to be good.

I know this is a big ask, but what I would like to see is a crafting automation system in the game where items are still difficult to make, but you can duplicate that item many times after making it.  This means that crafters do not feel like factory drones making the same crappy items over and over again because it is the only one their guild can afford to make.  It drains the fun out of being an artisan delivering quality goods to your soldiers.  I would also like to see gear drop be 100% in Dregs, but the acquisition rate of gear needs to be SO MUCH HIGHER FOR THIS.

Now that we have gear loss on death, we need a campaign world with less strict rules more than ever.  Please deploy a campaign world that does not have gear drop so that the people who do not like gear drop still have a place to play.  I might be a masochist but I still want other people that aren't like me to play Crowfall.

• While making Wartribe gear more equivalent to crafted gear is great for easy come, easy go, crafters have felt burned by this because they feel like the items they make are no longer special again.  I don't really know how you solve this problem without introducing some way to make crafting easier since if WT is significantly worse than crafted everyone will consign themselves to the clicking mines of the crafting UX flow.

Top 4 likes and why  about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

• Being able to keep stats etc. when upgrading vessels is a good move.
  • Having weapons equipped at creation is nice; I like that the ranger gets duel wield from the start.
  • Character creation is getting better.  Still needs more hair/facial options, but the overall design of the new lobby is good.  The best part is all of the information when choosing race and class.
  • The changes to the mount skins, and how we can use our backer/paid skins for "crafted" mounts.

Top 5 Dislikes and why about 6.400 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  I don't like that Legendary vessels can't load into the Faction vs Faction (Infected) Campaign.  How are we to enjoy that aspect of the game?  Not everyone in the game is going to want to play in the dregs, yet they will want high tier vessels and gear.  The dregs is not the final aspect of the game, it was supposed to be a forked option of endgame content, with Faction warfare being another fork.  You have them labeled as Faction vs Faction and as Guild vs Guild; but that's not really what they are if you force higher geared vessels into the Guild vs Guild.   For testing purposes higher tiered vessels don't have access to testing on NPCs, because there are no Guild vs Guild campaigns available.  There is no warning that equipping a higher tiered vessel will exclude you from playing in the Infected Campaign; the only restriction lists PvP being enabled.
  •  The possibility of equipped gear loss on death.  This is one thing I would keep like in Shadowbane, inventory loss is 100%, while equipped gear is safe.
  •  Not being able to jump into an uppoer tier vessel if you have the components, and having to go through each color.
  •  While the redistributed stats in the talents tree is a good step, where the stats are located means that a player wanting to be a harvester/crafter is forced into sub-optimal PvP builds.  Base stats being distributed in this way is a simplified approach and really doesn't bring any specialization to characters.  Again I wish that the system that Shadowbane had used was used here, where as we level we can increase not only the attributes but strength of skill.  It would be nice to be able to choose a talent to open up, but also be able to have a differing pool of points that allow us to make the talent stronger.
  •  I love harvesting/crafting, but the 100% safety of resources of the type with an equipped harvesting rune, may be over doing it.

lUvvzPy.png

• Spell Animations
  • Druid Left Click
  • Likely Meta Shake Up
  • Start up Interface although it loads a bit slow
  • Crowpedia is a good start (would like more pivot table like options or for the tabs to not reset if I go to another tab)

•  Crashes (very frequent)
  •  Lack of a campaign to test the new campaign mechanics
  •  The infected map (hard to make a 6.4 fight club like we did in 6.2 when you have to cross 2 zones to get out to a common zone)
  •  The New Druid Barkskin animation
  •  Removal of temple leather/mail/plate/weapon vendors from infected

Top 5 likes and why 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Top 5 Dislikes and why

• Lack of non-destructive Rune removal. Laddering up Runes, while needing to destroy your equipped Rune sucks. As such, blue rarity exploration Runes are to be skipped over, as purple quality grant advanced tools, blue is seen as a waste of time and money. With the new streamlined vessel system, this aspect of character progression seems like a painful relic.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Everything @Durenthal Said above.

Top 5 likes and why 

• New lobby is good, but could be easier to switch between world bands. 
  • Vessel upgrade system is nicer than previous, upgrade stats are still confusing between vessels
  • Class Domain changes were good.
  • Discipline class / domain changes seem good

Top 5 Dislikes and why

• No actual balance changes. What was weak before is still weak because of insignificant changes.
  • Bleeds still don't stack.
  • Strong classes were given even more good options that eliminated their weaknesses.
Edited by Ranik

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

• New Lobby is great other than having to hit Enter all the time
  • Domain System is great. Just need to add more variety to each domain and more support options
  • Giving templars access to a pull (this class is already moving into OP status with all the changes something to keep an eye out for)
  • Stat point allocation.  Actually creating some builds that aren't min/max and turning out good opened up more possibilities
  • Crowpedia off to a good start

•  some classes still need balance
  •  game is still timerfall
  •  resource protection on disciplines.  50% should be cap on legend
  •  MASSIVE DISLIKE - NEW TEMPLAR CENSURE - If you're not starting at 15m or longer with this you're flying over your target. If its a Guinecean you're going over the target for sure.  I understand why it was tweaked but its way worse than the live server. Adjust the leap to maybe half of what Live & current 6.4 is.  
  •  
Edited by MrErad

Top 5 likes

• Attributes & skilltree changes are good, feels like you can actually build the same class in more than one obvious way now
  • Vessel progression good mainly due to not having to re-level and you keep your discs
  • Crowpedia good, but can be improved still, with adding multiple filter conditions at once rather than checking them 1 by 1
  • Infected map looks more interesting and more accessible pre-30
  • Performance seems okay so far but subject to change once we have large scale fights

Top 5 Dislikes

•  Crafting is still a pain in the ass, half of it is done via spreadsheets, the rest is annoying clicking in seperate windows - streamlined UX pls
  •  Guild management is not in game but on website still
  •  Current bleed mechanics take away a lot of power from some builds in certain comps, hope you guys find a better solution that doesn't punish multiple builds utilizing bleeds
  •  Discipline drop chances feels unchanged, progression for harvesting crafting will still be an upfront grind rather than something you progress naturally. That system favours producing a lot of "waste" fast before you get into the proper loop of harvesting - crafting - using
  •  No difference between enemy and ally VFX make it extremely hard to read the combat in group fights (+sometimes I don't see VFX other than my own anymore so I have no idea where enemy and ally ground effects are)
Edited by Koerpermilch

• The new lobby UI
  • The crowpedia
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  Crafting is still a huge, boring grind.
  •  Crafters can't max out their skills without having access to a dregs keep. What happened to having multiple ways to reach the cap?
  •  The shadow ruleset keeps being ignored, leading me to believe that it's going to be dropped.
  •  
  •  
Edited by Arkade

• New vessel system (almost perfect), new lobby is poggers, attribute changes well done
  • Respawn statue binding/Insta-rez in EK
  • EMOTES
  • SOME of the VFX and balance attempts
  • Infected map is now more fleshed out and less empty feeling (however possibly like way too big for the current pop?? It's a whole ass road trip to get from temple to end zone on a swift mount.)

•  No guild UI in a game which cannot be played without a guild.
  •  Full carebear on the harvesters. Their guild should be their protection not a discipline trait.
  •  RNG gear drop. I'm not inherently upset with this one as much as I'm like where the !@#$ did that come from. I play in basically the smallest active guild on LIVE and even I'm out here worrying more for what this will do to further worsen the situation with incoming new player retention more than I'm worried about how this will worsen the existing zerg issue for me and my small guild. (btw I know you guys saw that 8v8 fully commentated, aerial view, multi-PoV keep battle video submitted and sponsored by one of your top creators on a week where no war stories were announced and still decided to ignore it. At what point will you realize supporting smaller size guilds is a sound business decision and not everyone is a fan of seeing the same 30 FPS ball combat)
  •  Druid Barkskin animation change. WHY? :( It was one of your best designed animations in the game now it looks..really bad and adds clutter to the screen.
  •  I appreciate the idea and follow through on the promise but - Crowpedia is primitive and half-baked. This may as well have been a page on the website while resources were spent bringing guild functions in-game.

As always, thank you ACE for your shared devotion and passion towards the project and taking the time to hear us out.

Edited by BlackBlood

Not really about 6.4 specifically (although I've been testing it). I usually avoid these threads but decided to give my overall Top 5 opinion since I keep hearing this game is readying up to release soon.   

• Classes. Crowfall offers enough class variety that I think everyone should be able to find a class they can vibe with. This is one of the most important drivers for any game to be successful. 
  • Crafting (although lacking in a ton of QOL) is interesting enough to promote how you build your class to further separate yourself from others. 
  • Races. Again, variety is the spice of life. I hate there are no Werewolves or Orcs but it's not everyday you get to be a Mino or Centaur. 
  • Domains. It's a concept I'd like to see further expanded/improved upon but foundationally it's a step in the right direction. 
  • Theorycrafting. I'd like to believe I'm a hardcore theorycrafter just as much as a hardcore pvper. All the pieces above (and some not mentioned) helps make Crowfall one of the more enjoyable games to theorycraft in. My likes do not come without any pain points but the game is still young and finding its way so that is to be expected. 

• Dodge needs an iframe. Combat should provide more skillful reactionary gameplay besides just being proactively tanky enough to survive the dps race over your opponent. However, dodge should not avoid ground AoEs or Ults. 
  • Blocking feels too sluggish and the self-snare should be removed. Maybe it's just the animation and the buff having a visual delay but it feels unresponsive. The self-snare while blocking is too severe and kills the flow of combat. The base in combat movement speed already feels slow as is. I'd remove the slow on block entirely for that reason. A good word used in 6.4 patch notes is momentum. Having high momentum may not be realistic while blocking but it makes for a more engaging pvp combat system (see: Darkfall, ESO, BDO). 
  • Weapon Swapping is too clunky. There's a noticeable and annoying transition delay. Also, the Melee to Range camera transition is not smooth enough and has a jerky disorienting effect while fighting.
  •  Ultimates are mostly boring and get stale. I'd like to see more tide-changing ults. Each class should have 2 - 3 functionally different ultimates to use. ST burst nukes, Heavy DoT, AoE Suppression effects that nullifies magical abilities, etc. Let the imagination run wild and tone them down as needed. You could even have domains and promotions provide these new Ultimates (or just one of those for now if resources are an issue). The game is adding more build mix-ups but the combat is still not as polished or engaging as it could be. 
  •  Siege battles and owning territory should feel like fighting for your home and less about point scoring. There was a level of dedication to owning and building your castle in Darkfall (and I hear was also the case in Shadowbane). From what I've experienced in CF, running from place to place on the map like a headless chicken feels more like stale GW2 or ESO gameplay (I love ESO combat but Cyrodiil is just a glorified BG and not a territory war). If CF is the "first throne war simulator" then I have bigger hopes that it can make its players feel like they have a stake in the land they claim, even if it will implode at some point. This also shouldn't be limited to larger guilds. Allow small claims that smaller guilds can own and become "vassals" to the the bigger guys running around. These hit squads are how smaller guilds often rose to fame in games like DF, despite not being the "winners" of the big picture. CF should be more political and tactical with territory expansion but the game doesn't promote it.  

Thanks for helping out with these feedback threads! If you have something you'd like to see focused on in these threads feel free to let me know! 

Honorary Dislike mention: Please remove the chicken ticker. We're so close to this finally happening since its original introduction. It just needs another push! 

Edited by AceSiN

On 2/1/2021 at 6:20 AM, Koerpermilch said:

Top 5 Dislikes

•  Crafting is still a pain in the ass, half of it is done via spreadsheets, the rest is annoying clicking in seperate windows - streamlined UX pls
  •  

Just wanted to offer a possible solution here.

What if after an account does a combination it gets saved so they can see the recipe quickly (Could add a drop down in the recipe section under iron bar and it pop up all discovered recipes so they can select it that way instead of putting in each ore each time) if that makes sense.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

• gear drop i think is a step in the right direction however thing need tweaked (Gear isn't easy enough to craft replacements for rather time consuming and resource cost to high currently fixes in dislikes)
  • Being able to bind to statue for recalling is good
  • Talent tree changes are great aswell

•  We need a territory system, needs to prevent zergs or large guild from competing in everything across the whole map and should make people fight closer to home to expend territory rather than going all over the map
  •  Crafting need to be quicker process, Allow players to save crafting recipes to a favourite list (Bow saved is an oak bow where all planks where oak oak oak for simplicity) where it one craft action to make it so lets say a bow requires 6 planks 1 bowstring (Leather) 1 bow sight (1 plank) and 1 bow rest (1plank).  The system saves where you put your experimentation for this recipe and the base resource costs for everything needed in woodworking so the recipe will be 72 oak logs (6 planks for bow, 1 plank for rest 1 plank for sight so 8 planks worth total so 72 logs) 1 bow string, 1 bow mold and 20 dust or what not and this will make the exact same bow with same experimentation path used to make the recipe the first time when u saved it. 1 click recipe now basic still need to aquire the parts made from other professions though but it definelty make things simplier
  •  Crafting cost to much with loot drop changes: Gear is very easy to go and time consuming to get back atm, resource costs on ingots, planks, stitched leather and so on need to be dropped to like 1/1/1 instead of 3/3/3 (With all disaplines/belt equipped) 
  • Dodge need to be more than mobility: Using dodge should reduce the dmg you receive for 1 second by 50% to simulate a glancing blow
  • Tray swapping feels clunky
Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only)

* Removal of “Mobile Banking
Revised Infected Map
* Like the new Hard Choices by the Skills.
Only tested a Templar/Paladin - but there are more skills/Stats i want, then Points i have to spend.

* Dregs Campaigns - Now have a 20% drop chance for items equipped to your character in addition to the 100% chance of items from your inventory dropping

1.)     I don't like RNG - why 20% chance if you should lose an item makes 100% drop chance. So it's just unfair.
2.)     I don't like it when you lose your equipment. It's okay if you lose your loot for 1 hour of Wartribe farming or collecting material.
         But if you lose an item for which you farmed the mats days / week and then lose with a 20% chance in PvP, that's a game breaker for me.

One result of such a system will be that small groups only walk around with poor equipment because they expect their death. And large groups have the advantage that the majority of them also wear better equipment.  I played Darkfall for some time, here it was exactly like that, that the good pieces of equipment from the rare ore were always on the bank and only dressed with Zerg the Ally. 
Each player / group will also try to avoid fights that look bad to them or to flee. So far we have tried (at least most of them) to take all fights, even if they meant certain death.

* Loot Protections - Harvesting disciplines now have loot protections tied to the resources gained from harvesting. Example: Mining discipline will protect Ore and Gems in your inventory from dropping on death.

Here, for me, it's exactly the opposite of losing equipment. Why is the ore / gems protected, if at all a% rate (20, 25, 50%) should be protected, but even that is actually too much. There should be the risk of losing the materials for 1 hour of farming, but not e.g. part of the farm armor.
Here everyone should decide whether I will farm 10 minutes longer and if necessary I will be ganked and lose my Inventori or do I go to the bank quickly.

Edited by Famelor

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only)

* New menu screen - I especially like how you now identify Guild vs Guild and Faction vs Faction instead of Campaign and Infected. Much better UX for newer players.
* New stat distribution and stat bundles - (for most classes) feels more impactful and I am consciously deciding if an ability or stat bundle is better when choosing talents.
* Crowpedia is a good start: I like seeing a consolidate list of what is available, but needs more features before it is truly useful (See Discipline dislike below)
* Upgrading and "Sidegrading" vessels feels much better - I don't have to "waste" time leveling a new vessel. I equip and immediately get to enjoy the benefits (assuming I have level requirement).

* I have to equip Disciplines to actually see the tooltips for the abilities - I want to know what it does (numerically) before I spend money on it
* Some of the abilities newly placed on the talent trees don't feel powerful - Assassins do not have any Exposed based abilities by default, so Recon seems like an odd choice; Efficient Poisons does literally nothing for a Vandal with +10% Poison Toxin equipped.
* Equipment drop feels bad with current crafting economy (Not against losing gear, but it absolutely changes the way I play the game)
* Tooltips don't explain the formulas behind abilities - would prefer to see the total with an option to see the equation.
* Templars feel especially OP since they can parry indefinitely, damage at range through Reflections, and now have an AoE Pull.

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic