Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.400 TEST - Community Top 5 likes and dislikes thread.

Whatever.

dislikes

you are doing nothing for the actual game loop.  I literally play my games from when I get home from work until 7:30pm est. or all day on weekends from 6am until 7:30 pm.

than I hang out with my wife.

but you have designed the game to only be worth logging in from 7:30pm est until 11:30pm est!

We thought we were getting a big announcement about territory control today, but the only announcement was about a stupid conquest point update.

It’s rare for more than 1 or 2 keeps to be taken and built now.

please give us a game that we can play during the day.  It’s so boring just taking outposts and gathering and crafting.

territory control should be exciting.  The map should change colour as we take each individual parcel.  Our guild cities should not be destroyed every new campaign, but should be destroyable in sieges.

we should be able to setup defensive structures that have different protections.

we should be able to raid enemy cities when we’re drunk at 4am and maybe do a little damage or steal some tax money!

where are the handshake sieges?

TLDR END TIMERFALL SO NON PRIMETIME PLAYERS CAN PLAY TOO!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only).  New infected layout is nice and should help with crowding at release.  However, t

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only).  Lobby Changes         Top 5 Dislikes and why (be

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only).  A lot of the trees changes are well done. I cannot speak on all classes but at le

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only)

* Removal of “Mobile Banking"
Revised Infected Map
* new Lobby looks nice

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better?

* Dregs Campaigns - Now have a 20% drop chance for items equipped to your character in addition to the 100% chance of items from your inventory dropping

that won´t incentive PVP

plays in the hands of uncle Bob most of the time

whats the reward if you loot an item you have no use? (needs to be the right weapon armor typ for your class and might have sigils on the armor for a profession you don´t farm...)

* Loot Protections - Harvesting disciplines now have loot protections tied to the resources gained from harvesting. Example: Mining discipline will protect Ore and Gems in your inventory from dropping on death.
100% way to good, let the farmer choose a specific type that gets protected (for example Cinnabar or Iron) so he won´t loose all of his progress

*Wartribes still suck, sorry but they are now implemented artificially for months and still give more problems than benefits. If they are a ressource like Ores and Hides give us Sigils with plentifull harvest coin and plentifull harvest Lore.

*I don´t like the vessel progression, you have to grind through qualities with an invest of time but can wear legendary Items from day one.

*bad luck protection should also be implemented in crafting assembly, when you can flaw 5 times in a row with 98%... 

+#bringbackpassivtraining

Edited by Kunter

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only)

* The much larger Infected Maps
* How quick it is to Level to 35

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better?

* Lack of active players. It's hard to find fights. Please turn Marketing loose to bring more testers. (Maybe offer recognition to your testers with titles: Bug Hunter (for 5 or more valid bug reports)).

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

• The ability to Bind to resurrections statues is much appreciated. It will make our guild keeps feel more like home, and should indirectly lead to more activity during siege hours as we will be less obliged to wait around at our own keeps "just in case."
  • Crowpedia is a useful addition to the game. It could use more polish.
  • The latest changes to Talents are a step in the right direction. Choices are looking more difficult now.
  • Character attributes having more impact is a good change.
  • Removal of mobile banking is great. Thanks!

• Loot protection is an unwelcome change. Fighting to secure resources in the campaigns is a core part of the game. I'd prefer no such protection at all, but 100% protection is egregious.
  • We still need more storage options. Faction chests, noble chests, and personal chests are good start, but we need more options. A robust guild bank system that works more like the bank/vault than a chest would be best.
  • We need in-game guild tools. We should be able to invite people to join guild, see who is online, kick people from guild, etc, from within the game.
  • We need the Shadows ruleset for faction vs faction campaigns, and Infected still needs to be made less attractive as a place to farm resources that everyone needs, including established players.
  • I sure hope the campaigns will be much larger, with many more zones, when player population is higher. The worlds feel too small for an MMORPG.

IhhQKY6.gif

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please) about 6.400 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

• new character menu is nice, although the "enter" part is not needed. also would be nice to switch worlds from the character select and not have to press on "select world" every time. its counterintuitive
  • attributes meaning more is great, attribute bundles are great. 
  • new skills/talents to classes is great. more work is still needed
  • crowpedia is nice, however its still pretty lacking, hopefully its just the first iteration
  • new vessel progression is great, however attributes need to be reset when a new vessels is applied
  • removal of mobile banks.... but now you add 100% protection AND banks at respawn statues AND we have world banks
  • being able to bind at respawn statues is great, at least now during sieges we dont have to sit there with our hooligan in our hands (see siege schedules below)

•  new infected rule-set doesnt make sense youre penalizing players to go pvp in other faction zones. there's no gear/inventory drop in infected so it's unnecessary to really penalize someone, plus how are you supposed to take the other faction forts/keeps with a debuff on you?
  • crafting progression is horrible. what are we supposed to do with all the crap gear thats being crafted when WT gear is better? there's a poorly made dergsload of resources and gear being wasted here until crafted gear is even on par with WT gear
  •  20% loot drop on death is nice.... IF we had easy come. introduce "easy come" then bring "easy go". factories when?
  •  100% loot protection... umm wtf, is that supposed to be part of the 'easy come"?
  •  more durability loss, i get it part of the "easy go". but you're now penalizing skinners even more (skinning sucks)
  •  siege schedules are bad for keeps/castles. attackers have nothing to lose while defenders have everything to lose. 
  •  pvp outside of sieges when?

and i agree with @Sloppy this isnt a throne war game. we need territory control. 

also i highly recommend you play your own game for a month, ill give you one of my buddy codes. start fresh no csr commands. go out harvest, try and craft without wanting to break your screen. build a keep fully, let someone siege it. go sit in outpost circles etc

• The lobby screen is cool! It just needs a few usability improvements (keyboard shortcuts, clicking on rings, etc)
  • Attributes and attribute bundles are pretty good. Need a little tweaking (eg. CON too good)
  • Little animation / audio / effect improvements. It's hard to explain, but using skills feels a bit more clear now.
  • The durability loss is probably closer to being in a good spot now. I still prefer more dura, more mats required because it's less inv management, but it was way too high before this patch.
  • Crafting is a bit less annoying (eg. removal of 'take' button on some items)

•  Oh my god, the "20%" gear drop. It is worse to lose gear you need than to take gear you don't need. It causes inventory management annoyance after every death. It discourages taking difficult fights. It makes players even more risk-averse than usual. I hate it. Crowfall as designed so far does not support it.
  • Still too many maps for the population. Eg. Infected requires running across 2 zones before you get to the PvP area. Why?
  •  Loot protection.  Unlike gear, you don't need your inventory to play the game. Why not lose it when you die? The very most this should ever be is like .. 10-20%
  • Combat is missing counterplay. As a player, I can't dodge abilities. I can't react to most animations. Stuff just happens, and this feels bad when the combat system looks like it's supposed to be action-based. One of the few situations where you *can* interact with combat is when you notice an opponent going for a multi-step combo and you can CC them before they finish it in order to put that on cooldown. I wish more things had counterplay like this.
Edited by nihilsupernum

The 20% gear drop in dregs is interesting and it's definitely the direction I would like to see the game go towards. However, with the current crafting/gathering system I think it's a big mistake. Unless the crafting system gets completely reworked where people can actually craft 3-5 sets of gear and mostly do it on their own then the first guild to win the first initial fights wins the campaign. They will have 'extra' gear, while the team that 'lost' has guys half naked. There is a real possibility the campaign ends in the first 24 hours.

• Lobby UI - new players that couldn't come to understand their starting character choice was a barrier. This UI is really well designed and its lore, if not central to the game, gives a great mindset for the player to start from.
  • Equipped item drop - the game dialled towards full loot could work, but with major changes
  • Crowpedia - it's much better than hoping the community can keep resources up to date. I look forward to a glossary, then search function with all Powers as it expands
  • Making Infected a new player zone - it's a nice introduction for new players to understand that the game is not really about levelling your character to 30. The change to keep higher vessels out so new players can experience some pvp whilst they level is a great hook; nerfing Infected is going to help push the established players towards campaigns. At the moment, it's a bit much of a distance for new players to travel just until they get to pvp, so some closer portal options might help.
  • Removed Mobile banking

• Resource protection - in a majority harvesting over ganking guild, we agree that harvesting is much less impactful and meaningful with harvest protection. The people I've talked to inside the game and to communities outside the game interested in ganking had a major loss in interest in the game with a harvesting protection introduction. I was surprised too by starting at 100% protection, for quite a radical design change; I might of thought it'd be a 20% maximum at legendary, to test it. Please would you consider removing any harvest protection from the game, I will take my inventory losses. It's one of the advantages Crowfall will have over other PvP games.
  • Equipped item drop without Factories - the gear churn might be asking crafters to potentially spend 5 times the amount of their time at the crafting table each night to offset that amount in deaths for a siege night. It'll be an identical process that is not a draw for most crafters. So the incentive pushes them towards scripting, TinyTask etc whilst afking. If factories are too much, blueprints, where you include a blank one in the final combine of craft and you can slot it back into a UI (including rolls and reroll choices you made) to make a copy using the raw mats in your inventory, might be fine to resupply your guildees with their items. I'd be surprised to see people taking commercial orders for the rate the current churn is set at.
  • Respec behind VIP - I don't mind if the game is buy and sub to play, if you feel you need that steady income for the game to survive, however, for the most who buy at launch, they'll find it outrageous. When the devs make adjustments to the meta, the cost ingame materials and player time to relevel a vessel to legendary is something a non-VIP has to offset if they're trying to compete in campaigns. The game still has some bad press to struggle against, so a criticism, this time at its business model, might hurt. If the game needs to be sub to play it'd be better to be upfront than let people find out the endgame, the real game, is pay-to-compete
  •  Crafted armour is no better than wartribe gear until past blue - two Experimentation lines to put pips into becomes available only in Epic and Legendary quality gear. There's too much time spent in wartribe before a functioning economy
  •  EK economy is not resolved - a UI that allows players in their EK description to fit all the types of wares they're selling and a search box to search for those terms would help resolve the slow EK system. The disincentive of parcel crafting through mass resources and spam clicking is set too high, that could be felt in an internal test

Top 5 likes and why:

1.  The disciplines (although they are extremely lacking compared to SB)

2.  Condensing the stats so they actually MAKE A DIFFERENCE/FEEL IN THE CHARACTER/TOON.

3.  I'm actually happy with alot of the artwork...albeit its extremely limited and almost feels "flat" (no choke-points, no funneling, no caves, no boss spawn camps)

4. The UI changes/screen log-in are definitely getting better and more polished/pro looking.

5. The fact you guys GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY to even be open about our thoughts on the game.  Other companies do NOT allow this.  So thank you. :)

Top 5 Dislikes and why:

1. Absolutely NO-REASON to log-in or even play.  Cannot attack Keeps/forts 24/7, cannot raid, no dungeons, cannot take down boss mobs/farm rares camps.

2. Really, its a PvP game that now PROTECTS people from dropping their loot??? Whos calling these shots?

3. Eternal kingdoms=pointless/boring.  Nothing more than a broken glorified "housing" project that was done back in 2000+ in mmo's.

4. Still enforcing STAT CAPS and holding our hands on what we can and cannot do.  This worked out GREAT in WoW when they started "governing" where and how we pvp'd...and the game pop DIED.  (Southshore's anyone?, Menethil harbor/boat fights, PLAYER-created pvp)

5. The general direction/scope of this project is so far from what I was expecting that i'm at a loss of words.  I've accepted its going to be NOTHING like shadowbane.  I hope the company/team is able to manage a job as I don't wish ill will on anyone, but this is a mess.

At this point i'm just happy i'm getting a Collectors Box Edition to put alongside my Shadowbane strategy guide.  I had HUGE hopes for this game and perhaps it was my fault for reading too far into what I thought was being created.  So many glaring issues in this game make me criticize and wonder whos at the helm of this ship.  Why are'nt out kingdoms setup to where they can be destroyed attacked.  No random rolling vendors.  No contract drops.  No 'weird' morphing disciplines.  No strange vast biodomes' with caves/caverns/choke points, rare-spawn farming locations.  

You are wanting us to BETA TEST your game, but its the SAME thing every patch.  How many times do you think were gonna want to "lvl" up all over and just stand there doing nothing new.  What? capture forts standing around and getting points?  BREAK THE GAME!!! Give us freedom of choice like Ultima Online did, WoW did until they went Activision-crap, and the rest of the early mmo's.  If you want players to dive into this, we NEED things to do.  Even if broken beyond belief.  I cant do it, I want to help but honestly its worse than me playing a match of Fault, dota 2 where at least there i've got PvP for the next hour that feels FUN and have a RANKING to climb.  

Right now this game is just nothing more than a level simulator with time-framed PvP lock.  

Wrain

Edited by Wrain

Some of my biggest issues with the game.

There's literally nothing to do outside of sieges. The game is literally aimless. This is a on going problem.

The performance still sucks.

Crafting / Harvesting progression sucks. There shouldn't be any RNG bull poorly made dergs involved in this. You should progress down a line by performing appropriate tasks, and unlock access to the runes (which you purchase) as you go. No RNG. Crafting in general is a bludgeoning experience.

Disciplines that allow you avoid risk (item loss).

Edited by Helix

Like removal of mobile banking!

(Did you stop people deleting their loot in combat as well yet?)

Dislike:

Gear drops. Usually love it, but already dont even loot half the stuff dropped in wartribes as its only worth 80 gold to the vendor. Nevermind another players smelly already worn half dura gear.

Gatherers loot protection. This is like playing GoldenAxe and the little gnomes come along and you hit them but they dont drop anything

If gatherers dont drop loot I personally dont have any interest in playing this game as the hunting outside siege windows was the main appeal of the game to me.

Ganking loggers for.a chance at a free axe though would be nice.

One game I played had item drops but you could insure them and it was expensive based on quality and number of insured items and whoever killed you would get the gold cost of the insurance you had to pay in your loot instead of your items. Insuring at max a couple of items like your weapons was actually not a bad concept I thought. Like 3 item insurance.

0% Gatherer inventory/backpack protection or no point playing.

Also can you not exploit gatherer loot protection like this in some way to transport materials? Refining? Building?

What the heck is up with all this top likes/dislike lists? Are you making design decisions based upon polls or what? There are and have been plenty of threads that really go into details about positive changes that go ignored by the dev's. Maybe this type of interaction would help more then top 10 lists.

Dislike: The campaign reward system. All of the rewards are for guilds who do well in the campaign, or for players in the guilds that do well in the campaign. So basically, they are all rewards for the biggest, most successful guilds. Where are the rewards for individual players and smaller guilds? What is the incentive for these people to play in the Dregs if they don't have a chance of actually winning anything?

4 hours ago, Arkade said:

Dislike: The campaign reward system. All of the rewards are for guilds who do well in the campaign, or for players in the guilds that do well in the campaign. So basically, they are all rewards for the biggest, most successful guilds. Where are the rewards for individual players and smaller guilds? What is the incentive for these people to play in the Dregs if they don't have a chance of actually winning anything?

I would like to see tiered rewards.  A large guild that is focused can get the highest tier of a reward package, but a small guild that is also focused could potentially get the highest reward tier as well.  If capture points determine the guild winner of a campaign, then the rewards should be for the players and not the guilds.  In the dregs last night, there were 37 guilds represented (3 more for the gods so total of 40).  It should be an only situation, instead I believe rewards should be you can all achieve these rewards, as long as you hit the objective.  Some of them would be hard for solo players or small guilds, but at least there is a chance they can still compete with larger guilds for these "reward" prizes.

Then give a larger motivation for winning the campaign by giving the guild winner a nice fat prize.

lUvvzPy.png

• Love the new lobby
  • No mobile banking
  • Attribute changes (but could still get better)
  • New talent stat bundles and other changes
  • Overall, I think it is an improvement

• No implementation of Track
  • No imple...you get the picture

Introducing a Track mechanic similar to what was in Shadowbane (yes, yes, I know it died...blah blah) will help harvesters and PVPers (and to a lesser degree crafters). 

This would be a big benefit to harvesters as they would know when someone is near and can choose to take off or stick around and fight.  This would allow Crowfall to remove the 100% loot protections currently being gifted to harvesters.  As someone who does like harvesting even I know that 100% loot protection in that case is a terrible idea.

A big problem with PVP focused games as population starts to decrease or stagnate is finding PVP.  With Track it would be much easier to find others to fight!  More PVP in a PVP game is always good.

Lastly, it can kinda help crafters in that if they are making something in their keep they'd know if enemies are outside...yeah, that one is a stretch.

The CreepLord hath Spoken

Edited by CreepLordGodKing
On 2/6/2021 at 10:57 PM, mystafyi said:

What the heck is up with all this top likes/dislike lists? Are you making design decisions based upon polls or what? There are and have been plenty of threads that really go into details about positive changes that go ignored by the dev's. Maybe this type of interaction would help more then top 10 lists.

While we read all of the forums, we like to collect feedback on the specific milestone patches. The top 5 lists do help us greatly and your feedback is noted. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

• You are listening to players feedback and make changes which improve our (players) lives. For example, buying and selling with Ctrl+Right Click is just awesome. All loot button is awesome. Even such a simple and invisible thing like I submitted 2 months ago: to place craft buttons at the same level so that it is much easier to click them, you did it too. Because of that crafting has become so much easier and faster.
  • Infected map is just awesome. You left the PVE aka safe zones but you also created 1 zone where 99% of PVP is happening. That is a really-really good move. Now if players want to find PVP they will always find it in Sky Point, even in the middle of the night.
  • Obviously, the change to main lobby and hero creation menu is great.
  • The fact that you have increased gold drop from mobs in Dregs compared to Infected, and even that inside Infected the gold drop differs - it is a really good change.
  • The new vessel and attribute system is awesome to my mind. It has fixed several issues with disciplines and stuff. Also, I like the respec system. It is awesome and you can make some money out of it, as well (so you'll have money to develop Crowfall further which is good for players).

• WT and Outpost Chests gear drop is VERY plentiful and very overpowered. It breaks the whole economy loop in Crowfall. I wish all the WT and Outpost Chests gear drop was completely removed from the game. Increase gold drop from WT mobs instead. Increase RAW RESOURCE and gold drop from outpost chest instead of gear.

• Remove food and food ingredients drop from WT mobs, outpost guards and WT shelves. Let people do the cooking. This will bring back the elements of survival. There was no issue that people cooked food. That was interesting. I don't know why cooking was abandoned and, in fact, removed from the game (cause you don't need to cook anything nowadays, as you get everything from WT mobs, outpost guards and shelves).

• Make intermediate crafting accessible for all players without the need to be dependent on other players. Make these crafted Intermediate gear and weapons have almost similar attack and defense but without any additional stats to the intermediate gear and weapons like in Advanced gear and weapons case.

• Please, return player vendors back to the starting locations. Make marketplace right outside the starting temple where players could place their vendors. Make a faction keep to be the starter location in Infected instead of the temple. Make it like a trader city but right there at the first location where players load into the world. Let it be three keep: 1 keep per each faction. If players will want to check out other cities, they can just switch factions.  Add player vendors right there in those keeps so that all players could have an easy access to them. Having a separate location for traders feels irrational and ineffective.

• Implement PVE/PVP (not just pvp) arenas which will be active only a few hours per day and will exist inside Infected and Dregs as separate maps. Only in these arenas players could win drop gear and the rest (jewelries, vessels, harvesting tools... etc.), gold, dust, whatever. Same system successfully exist in Albion Online and this is their main selling point and the unique features. In these arenas you need to fight both other players and mob bosses to win the reward. These instances can be called like Goblins' Layers (contain gold and jewelries as a reward), Undead Cemetery (contain vessels as a reward), Spider Chambers (contain gear for assasins and archers, for example). This would enhance PVP and will allow a certain gameplay to the certain players with hard focus on PVP. It also will allow PVP activities throughout the day.

+ 2 additional points

• Make outpost guards much stronger. They are too weak right now. They provide 0 defense and 0 challenge.
  • Add siege weapons available to use outside of the siege windows. This mechanic already exists in the game, why not using it during sieges AND outside of sieges too?!? That would have been a really nice upgrade to field battles mechanics and tactics.

P.S. here are the links to my most recent posts about the issues that gear and weapons drop creates (WT and Outpost Chests) and a few other important things which have to be dealt with before the release:

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

• New lobby is much cooler and more functional than the last one(s). Though, I do wish we could see promotion and exploration discs on the character mouse-over.
  • Crowpedia is very much welcome. It's so much better theorycrafting in-game than through a 3rd party spreadsheet. Though, I do wish I could search by powers or stats on a disc.
  • The recent changes to LMBs feel much better. You should apply this to the harvesting lmbs too.
  • Respec. Respec is a godsend. No more endlessly deleting and recreating chars. Though, I do wish respec had the option to reset only talents or only attributes.
  • Castle, Citadel, Palace parcels. These are the COOLEST parcels to date. Nothing compares to their majesty. We need more parcels like these in the campaigns for keeps and forts.

•  I really dislike how the only objectives worth fighting over are within a 4 hour window. In a 24 hour day. It makes the rest of the day basically a ghost town. You might find some people taking outposts or harvesting, but by and large, the only time for fights is during keep and fort windows. I really think we should go back to having hourly objectives, like how forts were pre-5.110. Since Forts are currently nightly objectives, I think it'd be cool if we could capture the PoIs instead, like the Forest, Canyon, Stoneborn Ruins, Uncharted Villages, and Wartribe Camps. Every hour, a couple of these would come up in each map, and whoever holds the PoI at the end of the hour has the right to interact with a relic buff for the next 3 or so hours, or whenever it goes live again. The buff would be like Increased damage vs Urgu, in the case of wartribe camps, or a Harvesting Crit buff, in the case of forests, canyons, mountains, and spider villages. They can probably be treated the same as Outposts or Forts, just to save on creating new UI for owning encampments. For POIs that stretch multiple parcels, you might need to create a new parcel with the capture circle, to avoid any weird issues with the parcel defenders endlessly arggroing hostile mobs or turning hostile mobs into allies. Uncharted Hills and thrall villages would be exempt from this, since thralls only spawn at night (something something the Hunger for a lore justification).
  •  I really dislike the crafting of useless, terrible gear just to throw it away in a game where crafting is supposed to be meaningful. A salvaging or enchantment system has been suggested before, but it just feels bad knowingly crafting bad gear and throwing it away because it is bad.
  •  It's really tedious and non-obvious to switch between world bands. You gotta wait 20 seconds to log out, wait on a loading screen, click through a couple menus (really cool looking menus, but menus nonetheless), then finally waiting on another loading screen before you're in the world you want to be in. There really ought to be a runegate you can use to switch between world bands. You can reuse the lobby UI if you want to keep the feel of traveling between worlds, but really, the logging in and out is getting old.
  •  I really don't like how player rewards are tied to their guild's Divine Favor ranking. Player rewards really should be based off their individual leaderboard scoring. Maybe even reward players based on their ranking within their guild AND against other players in the campaign. Leaderboard should be expanded on a bit, so harvesters and healers don't get shafted

Thanks for helping out with these feedback threads! If you have something you'd like to see focused on in these threads feel free to let me know! 

We need one for EKs so I can list all my grievances :D

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic