Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been throwing this idea around in discord would love the community input on this.

The name Murder (group of crows) Domes (ode to hunger dome)

So now that I explained the name lets get to the actual idea. So instead of having the typical queue system for an arena, you can have "murder domes" randomly spawned around zones in campaign with 2 maybe 3 being randomly connected (players wouldn't know which ones are connected). So inside of these "murder domes" there would be npc's placed around with 5 to 8 chiefs placed as a "trigger" of sorts. Once all the chiefs are killed then it could trigger a King or Chest ( I know you guys love chest ). So for example, group A finds a murder dome, they enter and start clearing and then group B enters through another murder dome (since they are linked) and starts to clear and they either run into each other as they are clearing the murder dome and PvP begins or once all the triggers are cleared they receive the system message telling them the king or chest is going to spawn and they are go towards the spawn location and now PvP as begins. So once a player dies their "count down" begins (5 min for example) just increase their team ends up winning they can be resurrected but if not then they are ported back to the entrance of the Murder Dome but of course that murder dome is no longer there so they cannot re-enter.

I feel like this will give us the content for smaller scale, and it wouldn't hurt the numbers we see in campaigns it may actually increase the overall number as well as have constant numbers online. They would be apart of campaigns and bring even more people online during non siege time hours. It could give those players that don't want to harvest something to do, as well as add to the pool of players that are out roaming looking for action, because now even more people are out roaming looking for a murder dome. 

• It would be group v group content
  • Hopefully they add in a function where anyone can group with anyone so then group A is red to group B (even if there's guildies on either side)
  • You could make the entrance hard set locations in each zone (this would cause even more fighting just to get in which is good MORE PVP) They still would randomly be connected that way players wouldn't say the one in Zone A is connected to Zone E it would be Zone A is randomly rolled against all the others. (so now they are instanced together)
  • I wouldn't want them inside of infected (I feel like all end game should be in campaign and this is a loop for end game)
  • It could give solid feedback for balancing classes / seeing how all classes fit in the group setting
  • It could be brought into the scoring system and give a way for smaller guilds to excel when they cannot produce numbers or don't want to be in a "zerg guild"
  • More content to reduce durability and keep the economy healthy

So those are dungeons right? I mean, once i enter the access point Im ported to another zone so to speak. Said zone can or not be accessed though other entrances?

Oh, no. It isnt instanced? Everyone is in the same map but where they are ported to is (can) be random...

Yeah, i can see that working...

Id keep it with a single party hard lock. If, you guys want to 20v20/50v50 just go siege. And everyone out of your group is considered a enemy inside. And we still would probably need some extra checks (like making those chiefs/kings receive a buff if two different parties are attacking them otherwise you will definitely see groups teaming up to steamroll the mobs).

Do these mobs still drop their normal drops? I can see how that would be too good specially off hours.

I am for anything that provides content in this game. We need more pvp outside seige/fort windows. If that means ranked matches, or pvp ranks, or world events, or literally anything, I'm for it. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

7 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

So those are dungeons right? I mean, once i enter the access point Im ported to another zone so to speak. Said zone can or not be accessed though other entrances?

Oh, no. It isnt instanced? Everyone is in the same map but where they are ported to is (can) be random...

Yeah, i can see that working...

Id keep it with a single party hard lock. If, you guys want to 20v20/50v50 just go siege. And everyone out of your group is considered a enemy inside. And we still would probably need some extra checks (like making those chiefs/kings receive a buff if two different parties are attacking them otherwise you will definitely see groups teaming up to steamroll the mobs).

Do these mobs still drop their normal drops? I can see how that would be too good specially off hours.

Yes, they are instanced dungeons of sorts. With lets say 8 different access points. But only two would be connected at a time. For instance point A is connected with point B - Z totally at random. So this would be one way to not allow players to do exactly that and "team up" to just split the loot. It would also be connected to the score board and give some sort of negative penalty (even if its W-L-D rating) I feel like when players see a scoring system they will tend towards not wanting to have a lot of draws because normally people don't like doing "shadier things" when everyone can see. Plus even if two guild groups get randomly paired up the loser is ported out of the dungeon, so they aren't taking a huge lost.