Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bypassing the Take Button in Crafting

As part of 6.400 we can now on a per recipe basis set the recipe to bypass the take button.
This ultimately saves you 2 clicks in crafting.
The downside is if a recipe is flagged to do this, you can no longer re-name the resulting item.

We have already flagged most items that don't have a serial number to bypass Take, however
Based on what you have seen on 6.400 Test Server, which recipes do you think you don't need the ability to rename?
(ie Do you need to be able to rename Rivets, Pommels, Hilts, Crossguards, Hilts?)

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

16 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

As part of 6.400 we can now on a per recipe basis set the recipe to bypass the take button.
This ultimately saves you 2 clicks in crafting.
The downside is if a recipe is flagged to do this, you can no longer re-name the resulting item.

We have already flagged most items that don't have a serial number to bypass Take, however
Based on what you have seen on 6.400 Test Server, which recipes do you think you don't need the ability to rename?
(ie Do you need to be able to rename Rivets, Pommels, Hilts, Crossguards, Hilts?)

honestly i think only the final products need to be able to have a name. i myself am too lazy to name things. although that extra click isnt really that bad, its all the sub component clicks. we need a more streamlined way to do this

Edited by yianni

Answering the direct question - anything that is not a final product.  Items like metal sheets, metal plates don't need a name component to them.

However this makes me wonder, can it be coded so a name can be given to an item after it's already been created?  Why can't I name a chest plate "STR Plate for Teufel", sell the item, and the item can be renamed any number of times by other players.  If names can be changed at any time after production, why not bypass the take button on all items.

As feedback for the take button, I've actually found it annoying that it was taken out.  For some reason, that final action of taking the item is now missing and makes the process feel incomplete.  I know a lot of players have asked to simplify the process, and I'm on board with removing the take button, but I wanted to share and give some feedback on how it's removal has impacted me in the game.  I find it more satisfying to hit "Take" that having it auto go to my inventory.

lUvvzPy.png

I name Hilts, Weapon Blades, and any other component that has a damage stat. The reason I do this is to record the actual damage amount because the decimal is not shown on the item when it is finished.

For example, I might roll two Hilts, one rolls 8.52 damage and the other rolls 9.3. The second Hilt is much better, but once the items are crafted they will both show as 9 damage hilts because the decimal is not shown and the number is rounded.

Add 2 decimal places to the listed damage on finished Hilts, Blades, etc, and I wouldn't need to name them anymore.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

The main problem is doing this for all sub-components when you actually is only there to make that final product and where only that final craft will matter so to speak. that is actually the problem with the clicking, 10 clicks is nothing but 10 clicks in 10 subcomponents in 3 copies of a item... That is when you start cursing out loud.

And, to build upon on Jah's post, a good search and filtering together with a easily accessible storage (*cough* Guild bank *cough*) would remove the need to actually bother naming things. If we could easily search for 'Hilt support power', 'Metal Bar Perception' or 'Short sword attack power slashing penetration' we wouldnt need to rename them unless we want to give it a badass name.

Searching a item stats like that would be a huge quality of life increase. Both to crafting and bank management.

And if we do manage to make it so naming sub-components isnt needed we could go ahead and remove the take from them without fear.

Just now, Koerpermilch said:

Why don't you just merge the naming step into another, e.g. the experimentation step so naming an item remains an optional choice rather than allowing or not allowing naming?

(Next button becomes take button)

This, very much!

If that isn't practical and we stick with the flagging, then would you be making this "flag to not be named" option available on the front end, for us to toggle? Or would you be setting that on the back-end?

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

Probaly only need to name last items combines, and 1 cheap item so people can leave notes on vendors and things aka parchment paper would be ideal here.

Other option you could add a tick box that u can toggle on and off in the crafting window somewhere where it will skip all naming parts on all recipes till you turn it back on again.

Another option to streamline crafting could be repeat same experiement, this will repeat the same experiment you did on the item last. this way if you were making 10 copper for example you can select this and it will automaticly place all your experiment point in the same spot at you first one so you can skip those click when mass producing especially helpful when grinding out crafting disaplines i think.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 2/1/2021 at 5:10 PM, thomasblair said:

The only use case I can think of for renaming sub-components is if I was testing outcomes from varying how many experimentation pips I used per line, but that's only useful 1% of the time. the other 99% naming it doesn't matter

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I also name components so they sort better and are easier to find in the bank. If you craft a variety of grips and stash them in your bank they sort in a random order and you have to mouse over each one to see what it is. If you name them they sort together and you can see what they are in the list.

I'll miss that functionality, but it is probably worth it to reduce the clickfest of crafting.

IhhQKY6.gif

On 2/1/2021 at 2:55 PM, Jah said:

I name Hilts, Weapon Blades, and any other component that has a damage stat. The reason I do this is to record the actual damage amount because the decimal is not shown on the item when it is finished.

For example, I might roll two Hilts, one rolls 8.52 damage and the other rolls 9.3. The second Hilt is much better, but once the items are crafted they will both show as 9 damage hilts because the decimal is not shown and the number is rounded.

Add 2 decimal places to the listed damage on finished Hilts, Blades, etc, and I wouldn't need to name them anymore.

Excellent point here. Otherwise I'm all for naming being finished products only.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:34 PM, yianni said:

actually keep parchment paper as being named... those are useful

I actually would like to see this as two recipes if one of the other suggestions (I like the name at experiment time) isn't taken up.  

There is utility in the parchment as notes, but would rather have a recipe that is all about making notes, (can be the same graphics and materials) and one that is about the rune parchment.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

While we are on this crafting stuff, please can we be given back the ability to experiment and polish when we want to, not only when all pips have been used. It used to be like this a while back.

Auto use bon tippers, save the click and the delay in it applying (delay is now less significant because leadership is gone), could have a slot to put bon tippers in the crafting UI so one is consumed upon experimentation.
I agree with Jah on the sub components, but could be changed by showing the decimalised damage number somewhere

Love Koppermilchs suggestion of bringing the naming into the experimentation window

I make quests on the lawn when I have time.  I use the naming ability to give info or context clues with some objects. 

Could it be a toggle? at the start of the craft?