Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New [Efficient Poisons] does nothing for Vandals

Stasy

So a good Advanced Poison Toxin gives +10% Poison Damage and the Vandal gets +30% Poison Damage & +10% Poison Damage Cap (cap now at 40%). 

Unless there is another way to raise Poison Damage Cap, a Vandal will never receive any benefit from this Talent, yet they must take it to get to the [Poison Mastery] talent.

This seems bad to me.

What are the other assassin players' thoughts?

Edited by Stasy

• 4 months later...

Seems like poison builds have a few missing pieces. They have some stellar elements, such as capping your poison damage pretty quickly without need for gear, and access to blackmantle and instant poisons baseline. On the other hand, the rest of the build barely make sense. You are getting buffs to your poison damage, but your poison damage is already capped, half the abilities deal the base damage of your weapon, so they don't scale with poison damage, and the support for poison damage in general is laughable when compared to the support other damage types get from available disciplines/talents(depending on class). I am not a fan of comparing across classes, since there are a lot of factors that are different, but I always think about how a poison-build assassin will deal more poison damage as a % of their total damage than a vindicator will deal fire damage as a % of their total damage, yet vindicators get a double dip of their fire-damage bonus into their slashing-damage bonus almost free of charge. I am not saying poison builds need a direct 1 to 1 of that, but definitely some more support either in the form of better minor disciplines, or some talent tweaking for the classes that support poison damage builds.