Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Case for Combined Alliance Scoring and Rewards

Ruq

4 hours ago, nihilsupernum said:

I think a big shield that disbands their alliance and subs to another should keep their points and objectives (and continue scoring on them so long as they own the objectives), but not gain new points for themselves or capture any new objectives for their guild while they remain a sub-guild.

This allows a big guild to temporarily join a small guild's alliance (eg. to help defend or assault a keep for one night) without giving up their overall ranking or losing any territory.

I'm worried about the situation Blazzen outlined below, where a big shield takes all their points to boost up a lower alliance at the very end of a campaign. It games the system and gives no way to fight against it.

1KJChGN.png Dissentient

Just now, Ruq said:

I'm worried about the situation Blazzen outlined below, where a big shield takes all their points to boost up a lower alliance at the very end of a campaign. It games the system and gives no way to fight against it.

Yep, so (former) big shield's points would not get added to their new allies' total. Only *new* things captured by that guild would go to their new alliance leader.

Eg.

Scoreboard at the end of a season:
A - 10
B - 9
C - 6
D - 5

Then D joins A's alliance and earns points for A. Next season the scoreboard looks like:
A - 25
B - 18
C - 12
D - 5

Then due to political infighting, the alliance between A and D collapses. A kicks D out and another season goes by:
A - 35
B - 27
C - 18
D - 10

Make sense?

Just now, nihilsupernum said:

Yep, so (former) big shield's points would not get added to their new allies' total. Only *new* things captured by that guild would go to their new alliance leader.

Eg.

Scoreboard at the end of a season:
A - 10
B - 9
C - 6
D - 5

Then D joins A's alliance and earns points for A. Next season the scoreboard looks like:
A - 25
B - 18
C - 12
D - 5

Then due to political infighting, the alliance between A and D collapses. A kicks D out and another season goes by:
A - 35
B - 27
C - 18
D - 10

Make sense?

Makes sense and I'm fine with it. How would you handle big shield going back after helping defend something?

1KJChGN.png Dissentient

4 minutes ago, Ruq said:

Makes sense and I'm fine with it. How would you handle big shield going back after helping defend something?

They continue to own old things captured by them before joining an alliance and will own new things captured by them after leaving it. It's just that while they are a member of an alliance, anything they capture gets owned by the alliance leader. Any points that will be earned by their old holdings still go to them, not the alliance.

This does have the side-effect of not being able to transfer previously captured objectives to the alliance, but I see that as a feature, not a bug.

Edited by nihilsupernum

The way I would implement it:

Each guild has its own point total, but all points earned by allied guilds are awarded to the head guild of the alliance while they are in the alliance.

No adding or removing of prevesiouly earned conquest points.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

The way I would implement it:

Each guild has its own point total, but all points earned by allied guilds are awarded to the head guild of the alliance while they are in the alliance.

No adding or removing of prevesiouly earned conquest points.

Yeah this is how I originally envisioned this in my head. I think this would make everything pretty easy to manage for both conquest and DF, without adding new systems. It's just a simple N+1 system.

1KJChGN.png Dissentient

On 2/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, blazzen said:

It does make a lot more thematic sense this way and accomplishes the "bend the knee" mechanic from kickstarter. 

Only thing to figure out is the idea of a big shield leaving an alliance and becoming a small shield and what to do with that guilds points if they do that. Get a good solution for that and this idea is solid IMO. 

When the King is dead, he's dead. They kill his dog and horse, dump them along with his big shield into his dragon ship, tie his queen to the rudder, set it all on fire, and sink it to the bottom of the fjord.

We could do the same with the alliance leaders points. He is no longer a king, he is now a banner man for another king. Set his points on fire and sink them.

9 hours ago, corvax said:

When the King is dead, he's dead. They kill his dog and horse, dump them along with his big shield into his dragon ship, tie his queen to the rudder, set it all on fire, and sink it to the bottom of the fjord.

We could do the same with the alliance leaders points. He is no longer a king, he is now a banner man for another king. Set his points on fire and sink them.

Honestly, either option is fine with me. I just want this implemented.

1KJChGN.png Dissentient