Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jewelry Crafting & Harvesting

The more I play the game, the more I begin to think about the poor jewelry Crafting. Getting jem's is currently only available through mother loads. I personally feel this holds back the leveling process for jewel crafting. I think poor,  common, and uncommon should be accessible from regular nodes in infected and dregs, just for the purpose of leveling, and keep epic in dregs on mother loads, and rare and epic on mother loads in infected and dregs.

maybe poor and common. wouldnt go any higher.

getting JC disciplines in 6.3 sucked, i mean in all professions it sucks because of the wasted resources due to the fact that early crafted armor is poorly made dergs compared to war tribe gear

I believe the Jewels from ML thing is specifically designed to force people into guild play.  They have stated in the past that they want to force people to do group pvp IIRC. I absolutely agree with their philosophy there. However, I could see granting higher gem quantities so that JC isn't such a chore. 

But I am not really an known MMO'er so my opinion is less important.

I think there should be some low tiered jewelery that is a little easier to obtain, even if they added 5 low quality gem types on normal noces that provide same stats as the currently one however they only give half the stats as the Mothernodes ones.
lets says there quartz on normal gold nodes and diamond on gold mother nodes (lets assume oval diamond is crit chance for example) so oval quartz cut would grant 1% crit strike chance base where the diamond oval cut would be 2% base crit chance.

This would allow for easier time for getting disapline for jewelers and allow them to produce some cheaper jewelery pieces to put on the market or to equip guildies if there regular kind is being too difficult. all in all it will creat a market for gems (Atleast the cheap ones) since guild will tend to hold onto Mothernode gems and pawn off the normal node ones in favor of ML gems where smaller or indepentant players/crafter have access/market place to buy the cheaper one to keep shops going with jewelery.
I feel it better for players if they feel there able to fill all empty slots on the paper doll rather than fighting with empty slots even if there not as good quality.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

2 hours ago, veeshan said:

I think there should be some low tiered jewelery that is a little easier to obtain, even if they added 5 low quality gem types on normal noces that provide same stats as the currently one however they only give half the stats as the Mothernodes ones.
lets says there quartz on normal gold nodes and diamond on gold mother nodes (lets assume oval diamond is crit chance for example) so oval quartz cut would grant 1% crit strike chance base where the diamond oval cut would be 2% base crit chance.

This would allow for easier time for getting disapline for jewelers and allow them to produce some cheaper jewelery pieces to put on the market or to equip guildies if there regular kind is being too difficult. all in all it will creat a market for gems (Atleast the cheap ones) since guild will tend to hold onto Mothernode gems and pawn off the normal node ones in favor of ML gems where smaller or indepentant players/crafter have access/market place to buy the cheaper one to keep shops going with jewelery.
I feel it better for players if they feel there able to fill all empty slots on the paper doll rather than fighting with empty slots even if there not as good quality.

Exactly! The only problem I see is leveling, and obtaining discs at low level. Keeping higher end quality on ML makes sense, but for the purpose of being to obtain discs to upgrade doesn't

39 minutes ago, Mysticraven said:

Exactly! The only problem I see is leveling, and obtaining discs at low level. Keeping higher end quality on ML makes sense, but for the purpose of being to obtain discs to upgrade doesn't

I understand the devs wanting to make advance disapline which take mother nodes to do however i think there better off having tiers for advance gears atleast 2, one fairly easy to make and 1 that requires items from mother nodes examples of tier 1 and 2 we currently have would be 

Tier 1
Advance weapons
Advance Armor

Tier 2
Runic weapons
Jewelery
Vessels

We need some basic forms of jewellery like i mention earlier lesser quality gems coming from normal nodes that provides less stats.
We also need runic armor (we might already have it now but i havant touched armor smithing in forever) these should take something from mothernodes like gems.
Basic vessels should be vessels that just take body parts to put together no ambrosia/minerals however these will ven vessels for vendors and thralls for example instead of player vessels
Tree should also have a mother node where heartwood drops and runic woodworking recipe and swift quivers should take heartwood to make, where basic quivers shouldnt require heartwood to make (Also arrows on player vendors please for those classes that cant use quiver but use a bow like brigands)

Basicly all equipment should get an easy version to make and a hardv version to make where the easy version should be doable solo aka no mothernodes, however all advance versions should require mothernodes to make. 

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA