Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weekend play testing plan for TEST - February 5th

Happy Weekend Crows!

This weekend, we'd like you to focus on a few different areas on TEST.  To help ensure that you can level and gear up quickly, TEST has free vendors available.  

• We'd like to verify that the Crash issue (primarily encountered while teleporting or zoning) is fixed, so please let us know if you experience a crash by reporting it on the forums and more importantly to support@crowfall.com (please attach your log files and a description of what was happening prior to the crash). 
  • Please play through the entire Infected tutorial and let us know in the bug forum if anything is not working correctly or doesn't seem right. 
  • Try 6 v 6 player fights in Dregs! We want to hear your feedback on how these fights work out. Please be sure to mention in your feedback report that you were testing 6v6 out! 
  • We'd like your feedback for Dregs Sieges, please let us know if you see anything that is broken or not working as it should. 

Please report anything that you feel is not working as it should on our bug forum. This is important to us and aids in identifying any issues that would prevent us from moving this version to our LIVE Beta server. 

Thank you all for your assistance and have a great weekend! 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

ju8st click the monolith man although a free respec wouldnt be the worst thing in the world

Edited by Chemosh
8 hours ago, SirEmery said:

A lot of people don't really even want to go out in the world, let alone test sieges, with the 20% gear drop. Might want to consider removing it so that people will test. There aren't many people to test with right now. Even if removing is not an option, some people have suggested a 5% rate.

Yeah... this...

Now to preface this, I came from Mortal Online, played it for 2.5 years until territory control changes ruined the game. I'm currently in the MORTAL II aplha. Full loot and inventory drop on death..But gear is easy to come by and craft.. so a suggestion....

How about the ACE team tests the collective time it takes to farm all the mats and craft time with failures to make gear. Once you get a clear handle on that grind, go out and get killed once or twice and see what you have left. 

Gear Drop on death is only viable when gear is easy to come by and/or crafting is not complex or cumbersome. ACE, you guys did not think this out at all. Who's going to go through the trouble now to craft? Unless you intended the game to devolve to 6 man stealth gank groups for the purposes of gear farming. 

There needs to be reasons to go out and PvP and ACE has basically, with this change, eliminated a fairly large percentage of their player base. People will stay on infected. ACE really needs to make a design decision.. EITHER YOU DITCH THE CURRENT COMPLEX CRAFTING/HARVESTING SYSTEM and go to a bare bones system. Or you keep it complex and eliminate this half-baked design choice.

6 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

EITHER YOU DITCH THE CURRENT COMPLEX CRAFTING/HARVESTING SYSTEM and go to a bare bones system. Or you keep it complex and eliminate this half-baked design choice.

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater as has been the trend. CF needs an economy and marketplace that is viable, the dev's have basically ignored this to death. The crafting costs are just way to high and crafting seems to me to be quite 'clickie' and awkward still. Factories were dropped, so that sure didnt help. 

I guess it might be easier to just remove all looting and go full carebear, but I sincerely hope that isnt the path.

1 hour ago, Extintor said:

I wonder why people always look at the gear drop as something they can lose and not as something they can win. ;)

I don’t win anything rolling over a new guild, taking the gear they need to play the game, and watching them peace from Crowfall one by one. 

7 hours ago, Extintor said:

I wonder why people always look at the gear drop as something they can lose and not as something they can win. ;)

Yeah.. smart guy..

When you get drubbed by stealth gank groups 6 Vs 1 .. or.. "Unkle Bob" breaks your collective to the point of butt ass naked at a siege ... as a guild 40 v 20 .... then.. dear custard sir....I might ask that you then  come back with your snappy dialoguge ......otherwise.. STFU.

Edited by Armegeddon

24 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Yeah.. smart guy..

When you get drubbed by stealth gank groups 6 Vs 1 .. or.. "Unkle Bob" breaks your collective to the point of butt ass naked at a siege ... as a guild 40 v 20 .... then.. dear custard sir....I might ask that you then  come back with your snappy dialoguge ......otherwise.. STFU.

Sounds like you consider stealthed gankers and uncle bob to be an issue with the game, combined with an inability to get replacement gear. 

Stealth/antistealth still need work, check. uncle bob still needs work, check. no economy, check.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:13 AM, SirEmery said:

A lot of people don't really even want to go out in the world, let alone test sieges, with the 20% gear drop. Might want to consider removing it so that people will test. There aren't many people to test with right now. Even if removing is not an option, some people have suggested a 5% rate.

So ppl dont want to risk gear in a beta...Srsly?! U are in the game to test so dont hug your bank else this game will have hard time at launch with this carebear player mentality we see from the community already!

its not the gear its the time it takes to make said gear even when the mats are free. The ruleset could work if the rewards were greater than a typical dregs so that the extra frustration and timeloss on death was offset by substantially better rewards for being active in the campaign. Loot drop is a great idea in theory but terrible in practice for CF as it stands atm.

Large battles between guilds is going to rare as players AVOID pvp where possible unless turning some unfortunate soul into roadkill. Equipment will be all WT based as crafted gear will be to time consuming for crafters to replace.

9 hours ago, Grivyn said:

its not the gear its the time it takes to make said gear even when the mats are free.

This right here is a big part of the problem.... Jtodd, your crafting system is quite bad, face facts and fix it.

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Edited by mystafyi
12 hours ago, trylle said:

So ppl dont want to risk gear in a beta...Srsly?! U are in the game to test so dont hug your bank else this game will have hard time at launch with this carebear player mentality we see from the community already!

On today's episode of Does This Guy Even Play The Fking Game

Hold up guys let's stop before the panties get wadded up any deeper. ACE can put top tier weapons and Gear racks into the test server in one small patch. They have this ability, it used to be the standard spin up for early campaigns, remember? 

I do not make this suggestion as the way forward to a successful launch. But this will get us through the temporary testing for 6 man grouping. Also it will test if the gear is easy come, will it still be fun to loot orange gear.

Carry on mates,