Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Risk management vs Helper Monkey

Extintor

"Risk Management: Increases your Additional Risk Difficulty Reduction by 5"

"Helper Monkey: Increases your Assembly Difficulty Reduction by 5 and Experiment Difficulty Reduction by 5"

I can't see any way that Risk Management is an advantage over Helper Monkey. Am I missing something?

I don't think it is, but I'm not sure Helper Monkey is better either once you max out the assembly chance on a given recipe.

My understanding has always been that Helper Monkey reduces the base difficulty of the recipe, while Risk Management reduces the difficulty added by increasing the risk (ie Are you Insane?). But I don't think there are any recipes that have less than 5 base difficulty, so the net result is the same as long as you are adding some additional risk, and by the time you get a legendary toolbelt, you are going to be maxing the risk anyway.

So yeah, I don't think it makes any difference at all which one you choose. I usually take Helper Monkey just in case I'm wrong about how the assembly difficulty reduction works.

It is actually harder to cap assembly than it is experimentation now, so we would always choose helper monkey as you have both said, the risk or difficulty reductions do the same thing and its not like crafters are hitting caps on experimentation reductions to make a choice as to which one is required.

It would be great to make the 2 coins (and have more coins for different things) more distinct so the choice is harder or possibly go very extravegant and have different belts for different purposes.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:53 AM, Extintor said:

"Risk Management: Increases your Additional Risk Difficulty Reduction by 5"

"Helper Monkey: Increases your Assembly Difficulty Reduction by 5 and Experiment Difficulty Reduction by 5"

I can't see any way that Risk Management is an advantage over Helper Monkey. Am I missing something?

You could equip both in the past. But right now it's either or thing. And it is sad. Crafting is sad in 6.400 overall, to be honest with you.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

6 hours ago, Covergirl925 said:

TBH I can't really tell the difference.   Then what's the purpose of Risk Management if Helper is better?  

I guess they should increase the bonus in risk management to have a chance, but if they do that then risk management will be better because is far more important the reduction in experimentation difficulty than in assembly difficulty at the time you're using a legendary belt and you'll always take max risk to improve you're results.

Another tricky problem. :)

Crowfall crafting is very involved and complex from any other MMO I have played.    There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get into it,  you start to understand the concept but it can be very frustrating as I experienced in 6.4 test server.    In order to really fully reach the potential in crafting, you seriously need to be in a guild, and have a group effort process to obtain the best crafted items.   Then of course, harvesting and that's just another topic to discuss, and that also requires a group effort.  Then there is the risk management portion of the crafting system, which adds another layer of complexity which today I'm still trying to learn.  

In addition, there's the upgrading of crafting belt, and getting tools as well.   In the test server 6.4 the mats and tools were available already but in real game, I'm sure there is a process to get them.   As I have learned in 6.4 test, upgrading your crafting belt is a grind and requires a lot of resources and gold.   Oh and forgot to add, there are components that require another crafting genre and some you have to have Rune for it.  If not, then you need to reach to that crafter who can make them.

Furthermore, now that 6.4 is here, we have to grind all over again, and TBH I'm going to take my time and not get burned out.   The thought of grinding my char to 30, then harvesting for resources, and then crafting just seems tiresome to repeat this process again 😓

Edited by Covergirl925