Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stormcaller 6.4 essence issues?

BlackBlood

Anyone else notice a severe change in essence management as stormcaller with this patch?

I ran Weapon Finesse all through 6.3 and never had to use Ritual Sacrifice once no matter how long the fight lasted... now I'm going oom before I can even charge my ult to full most times

Not much I can piece together from the patch notes either ūüėē¬†I really love this spec but sacrificing yet another hotbar slot and potentially a 2nd resource management minor makes me wanna just go play a radical or something tbh, super disappointing

I did notice running out of essence on a Stormcaller this morning, but it was on an un-twinked newly rolled one without all of the various things which an end-of-life character would have so I chalked it up to that. I just checked some footage I recorded on my main leveled and geared character and it seemed normal. Do you have Essence Boon?

19 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

I did notice running out of essence on a Stormcaller this morning, but it was on an un-twinked newly rolled one without all of the various things which an end-of-life character would have so I chalked it up to that. I just checked some footage I recorded on my main leveled and geared character and it seemed normal. Do you have Essence Boon?

Nope, I never had to run Essence Boon either. Electrogenesis isn't really an attractive talent in my opinion so I want to avoid going that route if possible. But it's probably worth trying if worse comes to worse so thanks for reminding me that existed.

I'll go compare my regen rate, ability costs, and do some testing on Weapon Finesse when I get a chance. But I've played literally so much Stormcaller over the past couple months that I can tell when something's off. Even if we did take a hit to regen I think we're still in a decent place with the emitter buff and freedom casting Blight.

Druid's LMB speed was drastically increased in 6.4 compared to the version on Live, so in part you're likely losing Essence a lot faster from casting more LMBs.

Also bear in mind the classes you were playing alongside (Clerics, Frostweavers and Earthkeepers), or if you're against a High Elf using their Racial Debuff.

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades ūü¶Ć

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png