Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

02/25/15 - Early Bird Pledges Update

We've had some concerns from the community about how fast the Early Bird pledges ran out during the first few hours of the campaign.

We are going to add some more of these Early Bird pledges on this schedule:

At 8 PM CST USA today, 2/25/15 and at 8 AM CST, USA tomorrow, 2/26/15, we will add more as follows:

GOLD PATRON - EARLY BIRD, 150 new slots at each time

AMBER PATRON - EARLY BIRD:  125 new slots at each time

SAPPHIRE PATRON - EARLY BIRD:  75 new slots at each time

This doubles the availability of these Early Bird specials.  We hope this helps the folks who have work schedules that forced them to miss these Early Bird categories.  Frankly, we had no idea how many people would pledge these categories before we launched the campaign and believed we had added enough to last the full first day or more.

If our current backers use these slots, it means funding our goal is an additional $27.5k away, so please encourage your friends to support us to make up the difference!

Thanks for Supporting Crowfall!

P.S. We are not planning on any other Early Bird categories.  And Kickstarter doesn't let us mix and match elements of rewards, though that functionality will be on our website sometime post-Kickstarter. 

P.P.S.  Remember that several of the items currently offered are unique to Kickstarter, including the Arcane Weapon set and all "stronghold" category buildings,  All of these will be unavailable after Kickstarter.  We will have other options after Kickstarter but not these specific items.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

We've had some concerns from the community about how fast the Early Bird pledges ran out during the first few hours of the campaign.

We are going to add some more of these Early Bird pledges on this schedule:

At 8 PM CST USA today, 2/25/15 and at 8 AM CST, USA tomorrow, 2/26/15, we will add more as follows:

GOLD PATRON - EARLY BIRD, 150 new slots at each time

AMBER PATRON - EARLY BIRD:  125 new slots at each time

SAPPHIRE PATRON - EARLY BIRD:  75 new slots at each time

This doubles the availability of these Early Bird specials.  We hope this helps the folks who have work schedules that forced them to miss these Early Bird categories.  Frankly, we had no idea how many people would pledge these categories before we launched the campaign and believed we had added enough to last the full first day or more.

If our current backers use these slots, it means funding our goal is an additional $27.5k away, so please encourage your friends to support us to make up the difference!

Thanks for Supporting Crowfall!

P.S. We are not planning on any other Early Bird categories.  And Kickstarter doesn't let us mix and match elements of rewards, though that functionality will be on our website sometime post-Kickstarter. 

P.P.S.  Remember that several of the items currently offered are unique to Kickstarter, including the Arcane Weapon set and all "stronghold" category buildings,  All of these will be unavailable after Kickstarter.  We will have other options after Kickstarter but not these specific items.

Some dense paragraphs about EK are badly needed right now. I know a few folks that are already contemplating backing out of the pledge.

eEvERiW.jpg

It's a good point that we actually lose money by doing this. To all the people out there who keep saying put up more early bird specials, in the end we still have to make up the money.

It's a good point that we actually lose money by doing this. To all the people out there who keep saying put up more early bird specials, in the end we still have to make up the money.

Unless more people upgrade than downgrade. I would more likely upgrade from my lower Contributor tier if there was a limited tier for Backer or Bronze.

Edited by frozenshadow

Unless more people upgrade than downgrade. I would  more likely upgrade from my lower Contributor tier if there was a limited tier for Backer or Bronze.

I expect them all to sell out regardless whether someone moves up or down but the point was people would be switching from non early bird tiers and we would lose the money that is not discounted

Like the 57 people that currently occupy non early bird sapphire

Now true if someone goes from say 30 to early bird sapphire that's a big gain but I would think that's a tougher move to pull off compared to an existing person who is already commited to that bigger leap who would then be looking for the discount

Edited by oberon

I expect them all to sell out regardless whether someone moves up or down but the point was people would be switching from non early bird tiers and we would lose the money that is not discounted

If someone that pledged $175 for Gold upgrades to the $215 Amber, that's not losing anything. Someone that has already pledged $250 for Amber most likely won't change their pledge if they aren't able to get the cheaper $215 Amber.

Edited by frozenshadow

Some dense paragraphs about EK are badly needed right now. I know a few folks that are already contemplating backing out of the pledge.

In progress. 

what i need to know most is will i be able to play the game at release if physical CE arrives later

Yes, you'll have access before you get the box.

In progress. 

Great.  What I'd like to know is how EK will incorporate PvP.  What kinds of incentives will there be to allow PvP in your EK?  If they are going to be shopping and social hubs, people won't shoot themselves in the foot by allowing PvP in them unless there is something to be gained from it.

The incentive to go to the "high risk" Dying Worlds is pretty straightforward-- the higher risk ones will have greater rewards.  Will there be a similar incentive to choose PvP settings for your EK?

Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif