Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.4 Champion Feedback / Suggestions / Issues

On 2/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, veeshan said:

So far from what ive seen so far if you dont build pure dmg output u still cant kill a pitfighter i a 1v1

NVM

Edited by WarRath
51 minutes ago, WarRath said:

2- Dominance System + Rage system are two different PIP systems. What other class has that? 

Are you telling me a Vindicator cannot take on PIt? or a Triple- Execute Swordman cant kill a Pit?

Templars have two power pools aswell, righteousness and pips

I also said anyone who doesn't build pure dmg and even then it not guaranteed both your classes u mention build pure high dmg classes from my understanding havant played the swordman knights last i heard they were still pretty bad appart from being able to run away from anyone lol

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Well Warrath was beeing very positive in his post. I think it's well known that I don't play PitFighter anymore due to the nerfs. I'm very unhappy with what you did to the class. It used to have it's place where it was great in small scale, because it was hard to kill if you knew how to play the class and could still play very offensive in mid and large scale. now the class has been nerfed to oblivion is just outright useless. It's easy to kill, still had mediocre damage. You realy managed to break the class IMO.

TBH, I was under the impression that champion was always in a great spot, but the way it is ATM I just can't be bothered to even waste the time of leveling one of my favorite classes.

#makechampionsgreatagain

23 hours ago, CrusaderW said:

Well Warrath was beeing very positive in his post. I think it's well known that I don't play PitFighter anymore due to the nerfs. I'm very unhappy with what you did to the class. It used to have it's place where it was great in small scale, because it was hard to kill if you knew how to play the class and could still play very offensive in mid and large scale. now the class has been nerfed to oblivion is just outright useless. It's easy to kill, still had mediocre damage. You realy managed to break the class IMO.

TBH, I was under the impression that champion was always in a great spot, but the way it is ATM I just can't be bothered to even waste the time of leveling one of my favorite classes.

#makechampionsgreatagain

NVM. 

Edited by WarRath
16 hours ago, WarRath said:

Champion

Is the only class in the game that requires two resources (Rage and Dominance ) to be effective

Dominance (a resource) can only be obtained by getting DOMINATOR (or Alpha Warrior LEAP ability). Which other class needs two resources to be effective)

Champion is the ONLY  non-stealth melee  without an execute attack.

• Myrmidon gets GORE (Enhanced on the DPS tree and)
  • Knight gets VALOROUS STRIKE + VALIANT BLOW (DPS Tree) (2) executes that can be enhanced even more with ANGEL OF DEATH + FINISH HIM (Thats +40% to executes)
  • Templar gets EXECUTE (which can be spammed like heck)

Leap - Direction cannot be changed in mid air. (Templar - Have direction and Knight-Pursuit is also directional) 

No ability to PULL(myrmidon have NET, Knight have a HOOK and Templar have CONGREGATION)

Throw Hurlbat - Is piercing Damage: however the Champion is Slashing or Crushing. 

Furious (Class specific Discipline) - Does NEARLY nothing for Alpha Warriors (Any melee level 30 (with 200 STR) has 20% Damage (without any equipment bonus). Add Mighty Warrior which is another 20%DAM and we hit 40%DAM CAP. (BTW every melee class gets 20% with 200STRCAP)  Maybe that's a good problem to have but why put a Champion Specific Discipline thats does nearly nothing for the DPS SPEC)

Alpha Warrior - Does not have a single a cc or an execute (Only a slow if you spec into Throw Hurlbat; which BTW is piecing damage) 

SUGGESTIONS

1-      Please consider making the Dominance System work  on RAGE spent instead.   You spending your rage using your skills and that allows to dominate your enemy. Considering a Champion can get 115-121 points of RAGE MAX (a fair exchange should be around 1 POINT in DOMINANCE = 40 POINTS OF RAGE . (For almost every Champion this is around 3 if all RAGE if spent at one time)

2-      Make LEAP directional (Doesnt affect anything or give them more damage)

3-      Consider switching Furious to something else.  Maybe like Finish Him (Much needed execute for a focused non-stealth melee class)

4-      Throw Hurlbat (Make it slashing damage)

At one time Pit-Fighters were the S-Tier in 1v1 battles; however, in 6.4 it appears to me that Champions have drop dramatically. 

FEEDBACK FROM OTHER CHAMPIONS AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME

Great post...

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

I actually think the Pitfighter is doing more damage than any previous version of itself. The stat bundles now allow you address your lack of critical strike and critical damage since you can invest the 140 attributes into Dex and Int.  At the same time, anger management, ultimate warrior and neck break should provide plenty of heals. Need more heals? Paragon is available.

Pitfighter is still one of the best 1v1 in game.

Alpha is one of the highest DPS melee in game and will see more play as the meta shifts to more melee.

Barbarian a great backline disrupter.

Champion doesn't need a pull when it can leap to the target. Plus it has a 40 meter snare to make it easier to stay on melee.

If champions had an execute, it would have the best of both worlds with having great sustain and finishing power.

Obviously, of you are an alpha you don't need furious. The pit and barb do.

Might Warrior also provides 2 dominance. Leap provides 2 as well. You have the ability to bank these dominance up to 10 which they slowly fade away.

Champions healing skills should be based on the amount of enemies around them this way they wont be OP in 1v1 situations and still have survivability for large fights.

other option is to hjave there heal scale of support power so you gotta sacrifice dmg output for being unkillable.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

12 hours ago, veeshan said:

Champions healing skills should be based on the amount of enemies around them this way they wont be OP in 1v1 situations and still have survivability for large fights.

other option is to hjave there heal scale of support power so you gotta sacrifice dmg output for being unkillable.

Nope.

That will destroy the Alpha Warrior and Barbarian. Pit Fighters just dont do enough damage to a threat in 1v1 scenarios. There are ton of better classes for 1v1 specially stealth users, mana-shield casters, etc. 

BTW - after learning more about the champion class. I would like to request that this thread is closed. 

Edited by WarRath
1 hour ago, WarRath said:

Nope.

That will destroy the Alpha Warrior and Barbarian. Pit Fighters just dont do enough damage to a threat in 1v1 scenarios. There are ton of better classes for 1v1 specially stealth users, mana-shield casters, etc. 

BTW - after learning more about the champion class. I would like to request that this thread is closed. 

Pitfighters can left click for 900-1k dmg with crafted weapons they do a stupid amount of dmg for how survival they are

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

Pitfighters can left click for 900-1k dmg with crafted weapons they do a stupid amount of dmg for how survival they are

If they crit maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where the Barb heal passive never crits. When testing out some Dex builds that get to 22% heal crit chance and after days of testing the builds I have never had it crit. 

It's sad because it totally gimps going for crit on the Barb, the class feels very one dimensional in terms of viable builds as it is. Minors/majors are vastly useless and there are only a few nice synergies to be had outside of Scrapper and a few others. 

On 2/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, veeshan said:

If that the case. Why there basically No pits out there. Entertain me

I would say its true champion isn't as strong 1v1 as it used to be and didn't really gain anything in GvG.

That may not be champions "fault" though.

Mana shield is very strong.

Radicals are very strong.

Paragon is very strong. (Basically it is the OLD "OP" Ultimate Warrior.....you know the good one before Champs got nerfed)

Other things just got stronger while Champ only got weaker from Warrior changes.

Still play it because I like the class, but I can easily see reasons to play other things that are more effective 1v1 or GvG.

It's in a weird place because not sure it needs changes, just feels like I don't know a great niche that another class wouldn't fill better.

People that play champ now just like the class and its abilities.

Edited by Ussiah
8 hours ago, WarRath said:

If that the case. Why there basically No pits out there. Entertain me

was running around 2 nights ago found 13 players 11 of which were pitfighters all different people aswell. 1 was a barbarian champ and the other was a warden

All the radicial were taking a break it seems cause these 2 classes are the main ones i see atm radical and pits.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

10 hours ago, veeshan said:

was running around 2 nights ago found 13 players 11 of which were pitfighters all different people aswell. 1 was a barbarian champ and the other was a warden

All the radicial were taking a break it seems cause these 2 classes are the main ones i see atm radical and pits.

stop lying