Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please get rid of gathering protection, carebear mechanic

Parallel

Today a developer confirmed in a chat that the loot drop chances are not going into dregs, despite the patch notes.

If there will be no loot drop, there has to be gathering drop. If not, there is very little risk in this game and it will get boring for a lot of people I am bringing into the game too fast.

If there is no loot drop chance on this coming DREGs, please get rid of gatherer loot protection before DREGs goes live. 

Edited by Parallel

2 hours ago, Parallel said:

Today a developer confirmed in a chat that the loot drop chances are not going into dregs, despite the patch notes.

If there will be no loot drop, there has to be gathering drop. If not, there is very little risk in this game and it will get boring for a lot of people I am bringing into the game too fast.

If there is no loot drop chance on this coming DREGs, please get rid of gatherer loot protection before DREGs goes live. 

Got a SS?  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Parallel said:

What’s the context of that?  “Partial Loot is out”.  Is that equipped items?  Inventory items? 
@Tyrant I know you don’t answer summons often.  Can we not in the stream get some context?  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

What’s the context of that?  “Partial Loot is out”.  Is that equipped items?  Inventory items? 
@Tyrant I know you don’t answer summons often.  Can we not in the stream get some context?  

I thought the same, I assumed the worst and made this post. 

Edited by Parallel

27 minutes ago, Parallel said:

So you panicked?  Brooooomego 

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

So you panicked?  Brooooomego 

Well I was trying to get some of the top crystal GvG players in Albion to come play, they saw that stream, linked it to me and told me they will wait a little while. I was upset because I could not recruit talent into the game. Here I am. Worst case, they remove the gathering hogwash and I can continue bringing an influx of players into the game. 

1 minute ago, Parallel said:

Well I was trying to get some of the top crystal GvG players in Albion to come play, they saw that stream, linked it to me and told me they will wait a little while. I was upset because I could not recruit talent into the game. Here I am. Worst case, they remove the gathering hogwash and I can continue bringing an influx of players into the game. 

Speaking for just myself (but also for everybody else) but who the hell cares what rank they have in another game.  You’re basically a vegan at this point.  Al Bundy scored 4 touch downs in a high school football game.  We get it already.  

As for bringing new pop, it’s a glacial speed beta phase for CF.  Alerting people to watch where CF goes is great.  Getting them to test some.  Great.  Playing hard in a test phase of a indie ks mmo in 2021.  Eh.  

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

Speaking for just myself (but also for everybody else) but who the hell cares what rank they have in another game.  You’re basically a vegan at this point.  Al Bundy scored 4 touch downs in a high school football game.  We get it already.  

As for bringing new pop, it’s a glacial speed beta phase for CF.  Alerting people to watch where CF goes is great.  Getting them to test some.  Great.  Playing hard in a test phase of a indie ks mmo in 2021.  Eh.  

That is a great example of why we need less gamer dads in the population and more completive players. Players who will push the limits of the game's design and get it ready for launch. Then, those players are the competition and it's not some dead game full of big fish in a little pond like we see here today. 

11 minutes ago, Parallel said:

That is a great example of why we need less gamer dads in the population and more completive players. Players who will push the limits of the game's design and get it ready for launch. Then, those players are the competition and it's not some dead game full of big fish in a little pond like we see here today. 

Good players don’t need to tell people they are good.  Being a good skirmisher in another game is great.  Skirmishes aren’t going to win campaigns.  

I must type this speech a few times a year but somebody always needs to be reminded.  Being a good bandit, being a good skimisher, being a good dueler are great for the ego but winning a campaign isn’t going to be done by KDR.  You will need to be good at the logistics of gearing your force and possibly your allies.  You will need viable siege builds from reliable players.  The current meta for siege groups is two healers so that’s 2/6 playing healers, a boring thankless job with a much higher ratio of healers than most games. You’re going to need friends.  If you stay small you’re going to need more friends because number is and has always been the best determination of who’s going to win.  Winning a prolonged series of sieges with an entrenched enemy is going to take a lot of time.  You will always have to fend off their allies and any would be vultures looking for easy shenanigans.  Going to need some harvesters and crafters.  If you’re all killers you will be at a disadvantage and as a gamer we just can’t have that.  Your individual skill means next to nothing when it’s a 30v30.  It will mean even less if it’s 100v30+20+26v80.  When the fights matter people will do anything.  Fair and good fights will go out the window when its some guilds hard work on the line.  Gaming communities are the morale equivalent of dumpster fires.  I loved watching people come visit me under my bridge in SB and I look forward to it in CF (I can build actual bridges here).  

I look forward to sailing a canoe up the river of tears from you and yours.  I bought a little hat and everything.  The SS Hodor is ready for her maiden voyage.  

wiDfyPp.png

26 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Good players don’t need to tell people they are good.  Being a good skirmisher in another game is great.  Skirmishes aren’t going to win campaigns.  

I must type this speech a few times a year but somebody always needs to be reminded.  Being a good bandit, being a good skimisher, being a good dueler are great for the ego but winning a campaign isn’t going to be done by KDR.  You will need to be good at the logistics of gearing your force and possibly your allies.  You will need viable siege builds from reliable players.  The current meta for siege groups is two healers so that’s 2/6 playing healers, a boring thankless job with a much higher ratio of healers than most games. You’re going to need friends.  If you stay small you’re going to need more friends because number is and has always been the best determination of who’s going to win.  Winning a prolonged series of sieges with an entrenched enemy is going to take a lot of time.  You will always have to fend off their allies and any would be vultures looking for easy shenanigans.  Going to need some harvesters and crafters.  If you’re all killers you will be at a disadvantage and as a gamer we just can’t have that.  Your individual skill means next to nothing when it’s a 30v30.  It will mean even less if it’s 100v30+20+26v80.  When the fights matter people will do anything.  Fair and good fights will go out the window when its some guilds hard work on the line.  Gaming communities are the morale equivalent of dumpster fires.  I loved watching people come visit me under my bridge in SB and I look forward to it in CF (I can build actual bridges here).  

I look forward to sailing a canoe up the river of tears from you and yours.  I bought a little hat and everything.  The SS Hodor is ready for her maiden voyage.  

Can't stop laughing, most times you are trolling but in this post you are serious. With a mind as negative as yours, you can't be good at anything, including having an opinion on a message board forum about a game you don't even play. 

I think it should be 
White =5%
Green = 10%
Blue = 15%
purple = 20%
Orange = 25%

Could double those values if you wanted however the maximum amount of resources you should keep is 50% you should never be able to protect more than 50%

Some protection i see is fine since the harvester feel like he didnt waste his time but there need 23 be reason to kill them aswell and be rewarded doing so.

I harvest just as much as i pvp and i can tell u 100% protection is dumb, im guessing your planning on having a dial on it but atm it easier to see if it work with it being 100% than coding it to be 50%

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

i guess the other thing which may be the missing piece is a campaign knob that reduces the protection % so that different campaigns have different "risk", one campaign could reduce the protection by 90% but have a much higher amount of high rank nodes and another campaign could have 50% reduction but very few r10s so balance the risk/reward with another dynamic set of rules.

This is all hopes, dreams and conjecture but the 100% could just be the control

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

I think it should be 
White =5%
Green = 10%
Blue = 15%
purple = 20%
Orange = 25%

Could double those values if you wanted however the maximum amount of resources you should keep is 50% you should never be able to protect more than 50%

Some protection i see is fine since the harvester feel like he didnt waste his time but there need 23 be reason to kill them aswell and be rewarded doing so.

I harvest just as much as i pvp and i can tell u 100% protection is dumb, im guessing your planning on having a dial on it but atm it easier to see if it work with it being 100% than coding it to be 50%

I have 3 accounts. With the old passive system it made some sense. Now, in 6.4 One of those accounts only goes to the Guild EK, another account hasn't logged in for months, and on my main account, I have one guy devoted to PvP and one to gathering.

macdeath_sig.png

31 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

I have 3 accounts. With the old passive system it made some sense. Now, in 6.4 One of those accounts only goes to the Guild EK, another account hasn't logged in for months, and on my main account, I have one guy devoted to PvP and one to gathering.

I have ten virgin accounts I’ll use for sabotage, theft, espionage and custardery. 

wiDfyPp.png

8 hours ago, mandalore said:

I loved watching people come visit me under my bridge in SB and I look forward to it in CF (I can build actual bridges here).  

I love your posts. I would bet you do have a hat. 

15 hours ago, Parallel said:

Hm, so you want the Dev's to not join such occasions and speak freely anymore, because they are getting sick of everybody always only assuming the worst and (overre)acting accordingly? Did I understand that right?

I don't think that's a problem. They can do that. Just taunt and provoke them with any possible negative assumption. If you want to top it, "demand" an answer and @ them in any post. This way we can make sure to not get any answers at all anymore - and news only far after things have already been decided finally. You know, we, as a community, did that before. Worked really well. 👍

How about just quoting facts, like what has actually been written, including the factual context. And then simply asking for clarification. Instead of creating a clickbaity sounding title and posting. That might be more constructive and lead to more constructive results. Just my opinion, of course. And just saying. Have fun.

P.S.: Oh, and hands offa ma carebears. I love them, got it?! ;)

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel