Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parcel Overview - Beta 6.400 - February 2021

Kraahk

Hey folks,

it's time again for an updated list of parcels, their token numbers, soil costs and other dirty stuff.

I'll start with the Token Overview, will add a cost spreadsheet later and maybe also pictures of the parcels if I find the time.

Please be aware that with 6.400 new stronghold parcels have been introduced for Large-Castle+ bundles, which currently can not be crafted! Those Backer Bundle rewards now come with the formerly provided large parcels, plus the new non-craftable and smaller stronghold parcels that now include the centerpiece-building (like castle/citadel/palace).

This also means that the craftable Caldera Parcel does neither include a caldera, nor the palace. Just like the Mountain Citadel Parcel doesn't include a mountain or a citadel. They are basically just large land parcels that include a lot of token. So don't expect to get the cool stuff via geomancy - that's currently not possible.

(You can visit all available major parcels and strongholds in the "Kraahk's Ravenheart" EK. Just throw me a message and I'll grant you noble rights, so you can load and visit the EK on your own leisure.)

So, here we go:

RDfdt9c.jpg

LEGEND:

ASH: Associated Stronghold Name in the Backer Bundles.
Cells: The number of 128x128m cells, this parcel is made of.

PC/SN:
PC is the now official concurrent Player Cap. Parcels that include a grey PC field increase the maximum of concurrent visitors in your EK to this number (highest PC parcel counts, so the absolute max is 120).
SN is the Support Number. I originally calculated those in 2015 based on the stronghold descriptions (like "big enough for a small village with a few shops") and the probable price share of strongholds within the kickstarter bundles - under the estimation that this would be the number of players a certain stronghold would aim to be built and maintained by, as much as provide the according space and infrastructure needed by them. These SN's correspond to todays PC. Where no PC is mentioned in the parcel descriptons yet, I added the calculated SN in white (numbers). Be aware that those SN numbers do NOT increase your PC!

MHT: Maximum harvesting time in hours, needed to gather the needed non-basic resources to craft this parcel (gold not included). This number is calculated anew for each version of this spreadsheet. It bases on actual ingame tests in the according game version, with an unskilled level 1 character with no skills, using basic harvesting tools (including the time needed to craft new ones on the run), within the starter world God's Reach (spring).
Skilled, specialized, coordinated farming groups can of course reduce the needed harvesting time drastically (in my experience up to 20 times). However, the number in the sheet shows the max time, based on my test result = 200 non-basic resources per hour. Test your own hourly intake to be able to adjust the MHT to the actual harvesting time you would need.

MHT per SN: The maximum harvesting time needed to build a certain parcel, divided by the number of people by which it is meant to be built. As you can see, it usually shows an MHT ... currently about 75 hours per parcel per person (if resource intake is 200/hour/person). So no matter how big of a parcel you want to build, the effort per person is always the same ... IF the number of people who built it corresponds to the number of people the parcel is meant to support.

If you find any errors, please fill out form 640.c2 §1-348 and pass it over in triplicate to our Customer Defence Agency, Wannabestreet 142, Cities of Ravenheart. Thank you.

Have fun, good luck
znCSHwh.gif
Kraahk

Edit: Thanks @ coolster50 for pointing out that I live in the past and we are already in Beta. I'll change that in the spreadheet picture later.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

• Kraahk changed the title to Parcel Overview - Beta 6.400 - February 2021

So, as promised the new Parcel Cost Overview.

This spreadsheet contains, of course, only those parcels that can currently be crafted ingame. Therefore all listed parcels are also Rank 1 ... except of the luxury parcels "Mountain Citadel" (rank 2) and "Caldera" (rank 3). Since those are currently completely the same as the Capital Parcel, they don't really matter, though - and crafting them is unnecesary and strongly, uh, not recommended. ;)

0hqbTMs.jpg

LEGEND:

ASH: Associated Stronghold Name in the Backer Bundles.
Cells: The number of 128x128m cells, this parcel is made of.
Token Civil/Token Military: Sum of token (all sizes) provided by this parcel, for buildings/defense.
Sum Total Resource Cost: Shows the number of resources you will need, if you want to craft this parcel from scratch. If you already have one or more parcels needed in a recipe, just substract it's resource cost and you'll see how many resources you still need.

NB SUM: The unified sum total of the needed non-basic resources (excluding gold).
equals Soil: Same as NB SUM, only converted into soil.

MHT: Maximum harvesting time in hours, needed to gather the needed non-basic resources to craft this parcel (gold not included). This number is calculated anew for each version of this spreadsheet. It bases on actual ingame tests in the according game version, with an unskilled level 1 character with no skills, using basic harvesting tools (including the time needed to craft new ones on the run), within the starter world God's Reach (spring).
Skilled, specialized, coordinated farming groups can of course reduce the needed harvesting time drastically (in my experience up to 20 times). However, the number in the sheet shows the max time, based on my test result = 200 non-basic resources per hour (therefore "MHT 200). Test your own hourly intake to be able to adjust the MHT to the actual harvesting time you would need.

PC/SN:
PC is the now official concurrent Player Cap. Parcels that include a grey PC field increase the maximum of concurrent visitors in your EK to this number (highest PC parcel counts, so the absolute max is 120).
SN is the Support Number. I originally calculated those in 2015 based on the stronghold descriptions (like "big enough for a small village with a few shops") and the probable price share of strongholds within the kickstarter bundles - under the estimation that this would be the number of players a certain stronghold would aim to be built and maintained by, as much as provide the according space and infrastructure needed by them. These SN's correspond to todays PC. Where no PC is mentioned in the parcel descriptons yet, I added the calculated SN in white (numbers). Be aware that those SN numbers do NOT increase your PC!

MHT per SN: The maximum harvesting time needed to build a certain parcel, divided by the number of people by which it is meant to be built. As you can see, it usually shows an MHT ... currently about 75 hours per parcel per person (if resource intake is 200/hour/person). So no matter how big of a parcel you want to build, the effort per person is always the same ... IF the number of people who built it corresponds to the number of people the parcel is meant to support.

BR: Backer Recipe cost, counted in "Grassland Parcels". Backers, who own backer reward parcels, are able to use special backer reward recipes, which allow them to craft the craftable parcels by using their tax-free backer reward parcels instead of normal ones. Those recipes request neither gold nor soil, but besides that are the same as shown in the spreadsheet. Since all of them finally can be broken down to Grassland Parcels (aka farmland parcels aka tax-free parcels), and most backer reward parcels are Grassland Parcels, they are best to compare the costs throughout the different parcel types. 

If you find any errors, please fill out form 640.d1 §1-348 and pass it over in triplicate to our Customer Defence Agency, Wannabestreet 142, Cities of Ravenheart. Thank you.

Have fun, good luck
znCSHwh.gif
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

Welcome new crow.

Hm, thanks for pointing that out with your question: There is no official definition, but I personally differ between Backer Bundles (BB) and Pre-Sale Packages (PP).

I am sure you know all of this, but I'll explain it in full for those who don't, before I answer the questions.

During Kickstarter and the following backing stages, you could give your money to ACE to support the development of Crowfall and in return get the promise of getting some stuff, which nobody knew what it really would be - and even this only if they would succeed developing the game. Those reward bundles I call Backer Bundles and a lot of them contained Stronghold Bundles. From time to time Backer Bundles retired and got replaced by a new a new Bundle generation with lower price/value ratio (the earlier you risked your money, the more you'll get). Those generations were Kickstarter, 2015, 2016, 2017.

During this time ACE offered standalone Stronghold Bundles, which were originally part of the Backer Bundles, in their shop.

After the company got the impression they had enough money to make sure the game would launch, they retired all remaining Backer Bundles and the higher-priced Stronghold Bundles and moved over to lower-priced Pre-Sale Packages, which basically only included the game plus some small perks.

Since then, those who buy in only get the PP, see? ;)

1 hour ago, Alot said:

What rank do backer bundles start at? How do you increase them?

You can take a look at the original Backer Bundle levels on the official Crowfall Kickstarter Site. There is also a very well done Pledge Reward Comparison made by Caenth that showcases most of them and their individual contents.

Retired Bundles can, generally, not be upgraded. If you own one and want to upgrade it, you may try to trade in your bundle when buying a higher one from one of the Trusted Traders anshex and markeedragon. You may do so somewhere else, but only the Trusted Trader interactions are sanctioned by ACE.

Strongholds can kinda be "upgraded" ingame via geomancy (stonemasonry). The usual parcel recipe ingredients are gold, non-basic resources (processed into soil) and one or more of the next smaller parcels. So you can use your parcel to craft the next bigger one.

Parcels granted as backer rewards, can also be used in recipes of a special rewards crafting tab, without the need of investing gold or non-basic resources.

I hope this answers your question.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
Join - Discord Channel 

1 hour ago, Alot said:

How does one place a vendor in an EK? Are there limits on the number of vendors per building or parcel? 

Vendor placement is basically limited via the token system.

Vendors can be placed like any other "building", by rightclicking their icon in your inventory. You will enter builder mode and possible sockets will be shown. Sockets looks like this:

N7gkQbc.jpg

Before 6.4, vendors could only be placed on vendor stalls (which occupy 1 XS token each currently). And vendor stalls need a building to be attached at. I didn't test yet wether Castle+ main buildings in 6.4 provide free vendor sockets without the need of a stall - maybe someone else can tell.

Vendors and stalls can be crafted via stonemasonry and are not really cheap. To create large trading hubs, one needs to place several Capital+ parcels right next to the spawn parcel in order to have enough vendor slots available.

tl;dr: Simplified, you can interprete the number of XS token a parcel provides as final vendor cap. Placement works like with any other "building".

2W1ZHpA.jpg
Join - Discord Channel 

10 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

I didn't test yet wether Castle+ main buildings in 6.4 provide free vendor sockets without the need of a stall - maybe someone else can tell.

Thank you for explaining! I tested a keep on Test environment last night as the patch notes say they have several fixed vendor sockets, but I did not see them. 

33 minutes ago, Alot said:

Thank you for explaining! I tested a keep on Test environment last night as the patch notes say they have several fixed vendor sockets, but I did not see them. 

The vendor stall sockets are on the left and right side of the keep, outside.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
Join - Discord Channel 

3 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

The vendor stall sockets are on the left and right side of the keep, outside.

Okay, so just to clarify then, all vendors in an EK require their own stalls? Only in the Free City in campaigns do vendors not require stalls? 

To my knowledge, yes. Unless they changed that for the new 6.4 Castle/Citadel/Palace parcels, which I didn't check yet.

2W1ZHpA.jpg
Join - Discord Channel 

• 2 months later...

Hi Kraahk thank you for the update! This is all helpful, 

Been a while since I have been here but looking to jump back in, sent you a PM on some questions. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 84ton said:

where i should place my parcel? is there any cons or prons?

Welcome to the forums. :)

Regarding your question: That depends on how you mean it. ;)

You can place your Parcels in your own or other monarchs EK's. To do so, enter the EK, press ESC and click on the kingdom builder icon. The kingdom builder will show your available parcels (which are those that are currently in the inventory of your character).

Within your own EK it doesn't really matter where you place a parcel - from a technical point of view. There are no technical benefits if you place your parcel on this or that field of your EK grid. The rest is a question of your individual design. For example, if you want to create a trading hub, then it makes sense to place your two biggest stronghold parcels (with the most tokens) immediately next to each other, and create your settlement on the border between those two. This way you can have a denser shop/building-space ratio. Aerynth Traders EK is a good example for this technique. Visit it to see how it looks.

Outside your EK, well, depends. If you only have one or a few small parcels and no massive EK ambitions, maybe try to cooperate with others. You can place your parcel/s in other monarchs EK's, without loosing ownership of it (the monarch would need to grant you noble rights, via EK chat commands). So, cooperations can make sense. Maybe contribute to a/your guild EK, or a larger community EK, or create such a cooperation yourself.

There are many scenarios that can make sense ... mostly just depending on your own goals.

Of course, this is just a general answer to the overall question. If you have more concrete thoughts/worries about it, just let me know and I will try to provide a more individual answer.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
Join - Discord Channel 

• 3 weeks later...

There are now sockets available in some of the Castle parcels. Some non stall needed vendor sockets. Quite a few chest sockets in various not useful locations. 9 Table sockets, with no storage nearby.  

One castle parcel has these, in the lawn. Placed.

Other castles parcels are not socketed at all. Maybe large castle vs small castle. Not really sure.  

Crafting decks are still a chore to make, and have no storage sockets, the supposed free standing vendor frames have still not been seen by ek owners.  While the chests are much better, with Public, Personal, Vassal, and Noble options There needs to be a deposit/withdrawal flag as well. Also the ability to name the chests. And possibly an event log attached like the vendor purchase log. 

Lighting in the most functional building (Keep) is still non implemented. With 8 chest slots and 8 tables near each other overall it is workable but depressing as hell with little aesthetic value and no decent visual "flair".

Small ramps are still unable to be placed low enough into the ground to be useable. They need a fix badly. 

With the changes to naming crafted items and parchment paper to a much lower character limit, making quest items and or interesting things is frustrating at best. 

EK's need some work, and the devs/engineers need to start talking to the EK runners. 

The effort for manking a good ek is huge , and the bonus for for making that are so little.

At the start they was trying to incentivize the ek as the new trading/free city for players , but whid the addiction of the free city in dregs

now they are worth only as storage. 

They relly need some buff/more value.

p.s. tnx for the "parcel token owerwiew" is an amazing work.