Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Got my SC to 30 finally. Feels alot like a warlock

Hey, I'm BRAND new to CF got a Stormcaller to 30 just now and it honestly feels ALOT like a warlock does in WoW which is my most experienced MMO. I never thought this would be the case since i usually stay away from naturey classes. However I was pleased to find a class I enjoyed. I just looted a blue staff with a nice 5% crit on it and was looking at archdruid since i think thats the only dps/hybrid that uses staves? 

How are they in solo and group play. SC is really fun in solo and i can hold my own in pvp as well solo. 

How is the druid healer? Does it have that CC or leech sort of playstyle?

Sorry for the terrible questions but I do wanna put this staff to use haha

The 3 Druid promotions are very strong right now, and they can all be built in a fairly broad range of ways to do a number of things reasonably well. Stormcaller is very solid in group play - you can put out some pretty large damage numbers - and can do well in solo also if built and played for that role. Both the ArchDruid and the healing-based Earthkeeper can be designed to serve as good hybrid platforms, mainly because there are a fairly large number of damaging powers that can be used from either tray, which if committed to, means you never run out of your resource.

Earthkeeper, the druid healer, has some CC and can access more, as well as leech-type powers (Nature's Grace and Leeching Seeds), though the latter do not work the way traditional leeching powers do. For all 3 druids, picking a particular Domain can solidify your character in a particular role, make sure you look at all of the options there closely if building a hybrid.

2 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

The 3 Druid promotions are very strong right now, and they can all be built in a fairly broad range of ways to do a number of things reasonably well. Stormcaller is very solid in group play - you can put out some pretty large damage numbers - and can do well in solo also if built and played for that role. Both the ArchDruid and the healing-based Earthkeeper can be designed to serve as good hybrid platforms, mainly because there are a fairly large number of damaging powers that can be used from either tray, which if committed to, means you never run out of your resource.

Earthkeeper, the druid healer, has some CC and can access more, as well as leech-type powers (Nature's Grace and Leeching Seeds), though the latter do not work the way traditional leeching powers do. For all 3 druids, picking a particular Domain can solidify your character in a particular role, make sure you look at all of the options there closely if building a hybrid.

Wow consider me shook. Was just watching some of your videos haha! 

I'm having a lot of fun with my SC im using this build just trying to see if Archdruid or Earthkeeper would be more my bag. I'm looking for something I can sort of main for all content as i mentioned with a focus on group play. I dont need to be the best at every aspect that's unrealistic . However, I do want a druid class i can solo well with be it farming or 1v1 1vX and also shred in groups. 

I think if I were to choose a hybrid id do Archdruid cause it has the Dark Platform and that would sort of feed into my Warlock Aesthetic I enjoy. Not sure how viable that is or of you know any builds for it 

If you haven't chosen yet, be aware of how the resource regeneration works for Archdruid and Earthkeeper. For those promotions, you gain essence when you heal and spend essence when you attack. If your essence goes over 80%, you will get the essence burn debuff. You have to lower your essence below 80% or the debuff will kill you.

If that mechanic isn't something you want to deal with, then go Stormcaller.

3 minutes ago, Arkade said:

If you haven't chosen yet, be aware of how the resource regeneration works for Archdruid and Earthkeeper. For those promotions, you gain essence when you heal and spend essence when you attack. If your essence goes over 80%, you will get the essence burn debuff. You have to lower your essence below 80% or the debuff will kill you.

If that mechanic isn't something you want to deal with, then go Stormcaller.

My stormcaller is 30 already It's fun feels very bursty just not sure how strong ill be in 1v1s 1vX etc. I can clearly see how strong I am for groups however.

I am by no means great at this game. I have only been playing since December. But I am learning a lot. I played druid in 6.3 and now in 6.4 and I think overall it is a great class, and I have been playing it as my main. I have primarily focused on Archdruid and EarthKeeper. From your post, my suggestion would be you would prefer Archdruid. I have attached the various builds I have played with on 6.4 thus far in hopes that they may be of some assistance to you. As stated, these builds are not exceptional by any standard. There are easily better Druid players out here that would be able to provide more valuable insights.

EarthKeeper

dae65fc8d70933bcd2495b04809b4827-Full.we

Archdruid #1

5549c255897bf5f3aaec24ff1e6b2065-Full.we

Archdruid #2 (Attempt to try and counter the Wreckoning bombers that are all over right now.)

ab92b48c5603838717cd7e1c5a9f0a8f-Full.we

On 2/21/2021 at 11:56 AM, Kojac said:

I am by no means great at this game. I have only been playing since December. But I am learning a lot. I played druid in 6.3 and now in 6.4 and I think overall it is a great class, and I have been playing it as my main. I have primarily focused on Archdruid and EarthKeeper. From your post, my suggestion would be you would prefer Archdruid. I have attached the various builds I have played with on 6.4 thus far in hopes that they may be of some assistance to you. As stated, these builds are not exceptional by any standard. There are easily better Druid players out here that would be able to provide more valuable insights.

EarthKeeper

dae65fc8d70933bcd2495b04809b4827-Full.we

Archdruid #1

5549c255897bf5f3aaec24ff1e6b2065-Full.we

Archdruid #2 (Attempt to try and counter the Wreckoning bombers that are all over right now.)

ab92b48c5603838717cd7e1c5a9f0a8f-Full.we

Thank you for taking the time to answer :) I'll look into these