Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Got my SC to 30 finally. Feels alot like a warlock

Grenton

Hey, I'm BRAND new to CF got a Stormcaller to 30 just now and it honestly feels ALOT like a warlock does in WoW which is my most experienced MMO. I never thought this would be the case since i usually stay away from naturey classes. However I was pleased to find a class I enjoyed. I just looted a blue staff with a nice 5% crit on it and was looking at archdruid since i think thats the only dps/hybrid that uses staves? 

How are they in solo and group play. SC is really fun in solo and i can hold my own in pvp as well solo. 

How is the druid healer? Does it have that CC or leech sort of playstyle?

Sorry for the terrible questions but I do wanna put this staff to use haha

The 3 Druid promotions are very strong right now, and they can all be built in a fairly broad range of ways to do a number of things reasonably well. Stormcaller is very solid in group play - you can put out some pretty large damage numbers - and can do well in solo also if built and played for that role. Both the ArchDruid and the healing-based Earthkeeper can be designed to serve as good hybrid platforms, mainly because there are a fairly large number of damaging powers that can be used from either tray, which if committed to, means you never run out of your resource.

Earthkeeper, the druid healer, has some CC and can access more, as well as leech-type powers (Nature's Grace and Leeching Seeds), though the latter do not work the way traditional leeching powers do. For all 3 druids, picking a particular Domain can solidify your character in a particular role, make sure you look at all of the options there closely if building a hybrid.

2 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

The 3 Druid promotions are very strong right now, and they can all be built in a fairly broad range of ways to do a number of things reasonably well. Stormcaller is very solid in group play - you can put out some pretty large damage numbers - and can do well in solo also if built and played for that role. Both the ArchDruid and the healing-based Earthkeeper can be designed to serve as good hybrid platforms, mainly because there are a fairly large number of damaging powers that can be used from either tray, which if committed to, means you never run out of your resource.

Earthkeeper, the druid healer, has some CC and can access more, as well as leech-type powers (Nature's Grace and Leeching Seeds), though the latter do not work the way traditional leeching powers do. For all 3 druids, picking a particular Domain can solidify your character in a particular role, make sure you look at all of the options there closely if building a hybrid.

Wow consider me shook. Was just watching some of your videos haha! 

I'm having a lot of fun with my SC im using this build just trying to see if Archdruid or Earthkeeper would be more my bag. I'm looking for something I can sort of main for all content as i mentioned with a focus on group play. I dont need to be the best at every aspect that's unrealistic . However, I do want a druid class i can solo well with be it farming or 1v1 1vX and also shred in groups. 

I think if I were to choose a hybrid id do Archdruid cause it has the Dark Platform and that would sort of feed into my Warlock Aesthetic I enjoy. Not sure how viable that is or of you know any builds for it 

If you haven't chosen yet, be aware of how the resource regeneration works for Archdruid and Earthkeeper. For those promotions, you gain essence when you heal and spend essence when you attack. If your essence goes over 80%, you will get the essence burn debuff. You have to lower your essence below 80% or the debuff will kill you.

If that mechanic isn't something you want to deal with, then go Stormcaller.

3 minutes ago, Arkade said:

If you haven't chosen yet, be aware of how the resource regeneration works for Archdruid and Earthkeeper. For those promotions, you gain essence when you heal and spend essence when you attack. If your essence goes over 80%, you will get the essence burn debuff. You have to lower your essence below 80% or the debuff will kill you.

If that mechanic isn't something you want to deal with, then go Stormcaller.

My stormcaller is 30 already It's fun feels very bursty just not sure how strong ill be in 1v1s 1vX etc. I can clearly see how strong I am for groups however.

I am by no means great at this game. I have only been playing since December. But I am learning a lot. I played druid in 6.3 and now in 6.4 and I think overall it is a great class, and I have been playing it as my main. I have primarily focused on Archdruid and EarthKeeper. From your post, my suggestion would be you would prefer Archdruid. I have attached the various builds I have played with on 6.4 thus far in hopes that they may be of some assistance to you. As stated, these builds are not exceptional by any standard. There are easily better Druid players out here that would be able to provide more valuable insights.

EarthKeeper

dae65fc8d70933bcd2495b04809b4827-Full.we

Archdruid #1

5549c255897bf5f3aaec24ff1e6b2065-Full.we

Archdruid #2 (Attempt to try and counter the Wreckoning bombers that are all over right now.)

ab92b48c5603838717cd7e1c5a9f0a8f-Full.we

On 2/21/2021 at 11:56 AM, Kojac said:

I am by no means great at this game. I have only been playing since December. But I am learning a lot. I played druid in 6.3 and now in 6.4 and I think overall it is a great class, and I have been playing it as my main. I have primarily focused on Archdruid and EarthKeeper. From your post, my suggestion would be you would prefer Archdruid. I have attached the various builds I have played with on 6.4 thus far in hopes that they may be of some assistance to you. As stated, these builds are not exceptional by any standard. There are easily better Druid players out here that would be able to provide more valuable insights.

EarthKeeper

dae65fc8d70933bcd2495b04809b4827-Full.we

Archdruid #1

5549c255897bf5f3aaec24ff1e6b2065-Full.we

Archdruid #2 (Attempt to try and counter the Wreckoning bombers that are all over right now.)

ab92b48c5603838717cd7e1c5a9f0a8f-Full.we

Thank you for taking the time to answer :) I'll look into these

• 2 months later...

So if I'd go with archdruid with more lightning (top tree) skills It'd make sense to boost dex a bit? Is there a formula which would explain it a little bit better how to split the stats? Should it be somewhat even between spr, int and dex?

I don't know of any specific formula, but generally you'll get more damage out of maxing Int first for the Attack Power... After that it depends how independent you wanna be - if you're always playing with friends who bring healers then I prefer putting the rest of my points into Dex so that you can get maximum burst potential. otherwise you'll probably want those points in Spirit so that you can self-sustain a little better.

Base bomb damage was reduced a few months back and my playstyle has been pretty set for group combat so I haven't tried maxing Spirit first for a while, but that's what I used to do... It was still a good damage threat while also having really good self-sustain, but IDK how true that is anymore since a lot of stats got shuffled around in the 6.2 Talent/Discipline update.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

P.S. The reason I prefer Dex over Strength is that you get a lot of Crit Damage on account of Intellect being your primary stat for Attack Power, which will synergise well with Dex giving you more crits. Strength will actually give you better overall damage, point for point compared to Dex, but in Crowfall's group combat burst windows are quite important - there's a lot of sustained healing but not a lot of burst healing, so you want to coordinate big chunks of damage in a small window so that you can kill people before their healing CDs are back up. Dex does more for you in that regard, because it means your burst combos are more likely to do a whole lot of extra damage.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

19 minutes ago, Gallean said:

Is there someone who could shed some light on current status of archdruids and how to approach making one?

Perhaps I can :) Unfortunately there isn't exactly a one-size-fits-all Archdruid build, because you have to go very deep into either damage or healing/sustain to become competitive with other classes in those departments. My first question would be what kind of scale of combat are you looking for, and what kind of classes do you expect to be playing alongside?

As for Archdruid's current state I would say they are very underrated, but that's because they are very finnicky to play and get the most out of. AD has insane sustained AoE damage and AOE burst potential in group fights, especially over an objective, but it requires smart positioning and good management of cooldowns and the Essence resource. You can also build for sustain and damage mitigation for more independent solo builds, but you can run into the problem of lacking damage pressure to finish off classes that also have good sustain but much better damage output and damage mitigation than you.

A lot of melee classes pick the Minotaur race which is immune to stuns from the front, and that makes it very hard to keep melee off you because over half of your CC abilities are a stun - this is why I like taking Fae, because you can use terrain in ways no-one else can and create gaps where otherwise there would be none. However, asides from jumping and dashing you don't have any extra mobility and also only have one Ult charge, and must stand in place to channel that Ult, so you are extremely vulnerable in the open field or any time after using that Ult.

All in all I think Archdruid is a great group-combat toon and a lot of fun to play, but there are a lot of mechanics to juggle and weaknesses to be aware of that make it a challenge to master... 100% worth it though IMO, Archdruid gives very satisfying results when you get it right.

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

2 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

Perhaps I can :) Unfortunately there isn't exactly a one-size-fits-all Archdruid build, because you have to go very deep into either damage or healing/sustain to become competitive with other classes in those departments. My first question would be what kind of scale of combat are you looking for, and what kind of classes do you expect to be playing alongside?

As for Archdruid's current state I would say they are very underrated, but that's because they are very finnicky to play and get the most out of. AD has insane sustained AoE damage and AOE burst potential in group fights, especially over an objective, but it requires smart positioning and good management of cooldowns and the Essence resource. You can also build for sustain and damage mitigation for more independent solo builds, but you can run into the problem of lacking damage pressure to finish off classes that also have good sustain but much better damage output and damage mitigation than you.

A lot of melee classes pick the Minotaur race which is immune to stuns from the front, and that makes it very hard to keep melee off you because over half of your CC abilities are a stun - this is why I like taking Fae, because you can use terrain in ways no-one else can and create gaps where otherwise there would be none. However, asides from jumping and dashing you don't have any extra mobility and also only have one Ult charge, and must stand in place to channel that Ult, so you are extremely vulnerable in the open field or any time after using that Ult.

All in all I think Archdruid is a great group-combat toon and a lot of fun to play, but there are a lot of mechanics to juggle and weaknesses to be aware of that make it a challenge to master... 100% worth it though IMO, Archdruid gives very satisfying results when you get it right.

So to answer your question Im currently playing in a party of 3 (including me), and we try to accomodate each other. Currently we were playing Paladin (me), Blackguard and Stormcaller but we're aiming to switch around and play with other classes too. I'm not afraid of some challange in terms of mechanics (resource management etc.), especially since Paladin was really straight forward. I've seen by the AD skills description that it requires some thinking and managing resources so it seems like a good call :)

3 hours ago, Gallean said:

So to answer your question Im currently playing in a party of 3 (including me), and we try to accomodate each other. Currently we were playing Paladin (me), Blackguard and Stormcaller but we're aiming to switch around and play with other classes too. I'm not afraid of some challange in terms of mechanics (resource management etc.), especially since Paladin was really straight forward. I've seen by the AD skills description that it requires some thinking and managing resources so it seems like a good call :)

So I assume you wanna fill the support/heal role with the Archdruid? One of AD's biggest DPS sources (Gaea's Wail DoT) won't stack with another Druid's, so with this comp and yourself previously being Paladin going for healing AD would make sense...

If you wanted to switch healing class from Paladin I think something with higher base SP like Earthkeeper Druid or Inquisitor Confessor would work best, and each are fun to play and have their own intricacies... But, that wasn't the question; Test is down so I can't get an in-game screenshot of it, but this is how I'd build your Half-Elf Healing Archdruid:

e0dfe49cea4a6db3e8d4151331b94afc.png

It's basically an Earthkeeper, with less healing but more spikiness... You won't be much of a damage threat for the most part, but certainly not a non-factor: if you can stack your healing orbs and lead people into them then Force of Nature will provide some surprising burst and decent DPS. You can drop Supreme Element Minor and go Fae or Wood-Elf races, either one has very good reasons to pick it, but Half-Elf is more durable and has the extra minor so I rate it a little higher in overall effectiveness.

If you get comfortable consistently switching to Death tray for spells and back to Life for orbs then you can think about flexing the Commune with Nature talent for Shroud of Darkness - doing only the 1st part of this combo grants a buff that stuns people who hit you, making it rather annoying for most classes to target you.

These are the powers from Disciplines... Given that your group has some decent self-sustain and that Archdruid's healing output is a little lower than most healers, I believe that the damage reduction from Lord of the Forest's abilities and increase to PHM from Pixie Dust will serve you better in survival. The daze from Slow Stake is quite significant as well, and you can use this to escape or to kite enemies around in your Stormcaller's Blight to ensure they keep taking damage and getting armour broken by that field.

afb588503bd619d77f38230855eae6bb.png79de970506bcb84f8e7ba489c19ae6cf.png

f3d4ef9a0f9f410c3c5ef9190e6dcaab.pngd7ec0959b1567b6fc29f9725b86b5af6.png78461375895e49094e70e48fc3d234bc.png

LMK what you think, or if you want a different kind of build, say for DPS Archdruid, or for Earthkeeper/Inquisitor as mentioned above.

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

I think I'd lean more into damage AD with an option to heal my mates a bit as well since all of us gonna roll a different characters - originally planning to go with me as AD, one of them damage and the other one tank/cc. If we fall short on healing we'd have someone go more heal-heavy guy. I also was looking for some lightning action without going stormcaller. Is that possible? :D

44 minutes ago, Gallean said:

I think I'd lean more into damage AD with an option to heal my mates a bit as well since all of us gonna roll a different characters - originally planning to go with me as AD, one of them damage and the other one tank/cc. If we fall short on healing we'd have someone go more heal-heavy guy. I also was looking for some lightning action without going stormcaller. Is that possible? :D

Well then I'd recommend one of these builds.

First, Nature for a more support-oriented, but still quite respectable damage AD:

d154fec52d27a36b2c7f87a3cb2b48d5.png

Or if you don't give a hoot and wanna get the most bang for your buck:

ca0afcf33268e2912f4e7ff2fdfd8fef.png

Same talents, but Storm Domain for Avatar of Storms and Subvert Expectations - even with this spec multiple orbs heal decently, but you can't expect to out-sustain anything without lots of trees/rocks to hide behind.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

P.S. Start fights at 40% Essence and in Death tray, then your game plan is as follows:

Barkskin -> Avatar buff -> Gaea's Wail -> LMB for a bit until the fight stops moving -> Life Tray -> Gaea's Growth -> Blight, and at this point your choices branch a lot.

You'll probably need to reapply GWail in Death tray at this point and every 9 seconds, but whether you wanna stay in Death tray applying DPS or back into Life tray to place orbs depends on how well the fight is going and how much Essence you spent at the beginning. Generally I find myself casting whatever spells I can in Life tray and saving Death tray for GWail/LMB, but most importantly you want to avoid going above 40% Essence while in Life tray. At 40% Essence a Death tray ult (which is ideally the Ult you want to use as Archdruid) will max you out on Essence and make it hard to self-heal with Orbs should you still be in danger; so, you want to switch to Death tray and start burning Essence off at that 40% mark before you're put in that situation. LMB is generally the fastest way to burn Essence.

If you need more Essence in a pinch then cast 3 Orbs, switch to Death tray and then run over them - this generates some initial Essence from casting the orbs, and then also gives you some extra Essence regen once you eat that 3rd Orb. Once the regen ends switch back to Life and you'll probably have more spells to cast, or perhaps just do 3 Orbs again. GGrowth also spawns these resource-restoring orbs, so you can also do that and then walk over them once every few seconds or as needed for healing.

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌