Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
expbountyhunter

Swords, Shields, Claymores, And Bows!

From viewing pictures of both the knight and templar, it appeared that the knight had proficiency in one handed items such as a sword and shield while the Templar used a two handed sword (claymore).  The knight is however a ranged dps and uses a bow which is two handed so therefore we must have the ability to use two handed swords as well.  Going one step further and taking a item from WoW, would we have the option to use two - two handed swords?  I'm in favor of either way but thought having an option like that would be fun.  Obviously the attack speed would have to be reduced, but the damage should increase since we are a melee class.

I think we will get two handed weapons under the crusader specialization for sure but I don't know how I feel about two twohanders. It's just a little hokey if you know my meaning, plus it's one of those been done type ideas. I think dual wielding is still a solid possibility with penalties.

In D2 you could eventually dual two handers but that was because it was only accessible by a class that was 7 feet tall minimum and beefy. I wouldn't mind this but its got to only be accessible to a pure DPS pathed Champion. I am also thinking you'll be able to do w/e you want in the other ways, regarding dual weilding, but i think you'll be governed by the perks and abilities given to your classes/subclasses. Youd think dual weildings or other "reckless" combat styles belong to other classes and the knight is one of more formal--focused training. 

I think dual wielding any combination of two-handed weapon is silly and farcical, unless of course the weapon was originally designed for osmeone or somehting SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the current wielder. For example, maybe a Centaur or a Stoneborn decide for some reason to dual wield a weapon that would require both hands for the smaller rodent race.

Realizing this is fantasy, I think it is too much of a stretch for any one person to wield two of something that was designed for their race to use two handed. If i hadn't apprenticed as a black smith for a while i'd probably have other ideas, but since i  have, i know that most people could not wield two-handers, period. At all. Greatswords and the like are just too heavy for anyone, unless of course you are exceptionally large, and thats speaking strictly historically.

Knights are ranged DPS using a bow? Perhaps it's just me but that strikes me as wrong wrong wrong. Don't knights wear heavy armor and weild melee weapons?

i-BZccwLx.jpg

We are Hardcore Gamers but welcome Casuals  |  KoS Webpage  |  TeamSpeak3 server address kosteamspeak.com

I personally don't like the idea of any class be stuck on a set group of weapons. I would like to have the ability to decide in what type of weapon my character wants to wield. If i want to be a knight and wield a glaive, why not. If I want to be a champion and use a two handed staff as weapon, why not? If I want to be a wizard using a hammer why not?

That onyl add flavor to my character creation. Whether it will be a good combination or not .. I don't care, its my character and I want to mess with it. Just in the same way I will be able to mess with my character status.

Also, I would like to see some focus on long reach weapons (Spears, Glaives, Halberds). This type of weapons don't get the necessary attention on games in general. Groups/types of weapons should have some type of skil/ability that define them .. like hammer (Knock down .. nock back), Swords (snares), Piecing (bleeding), pole arms (reach), .. something in that line. So it is up to the player to decide what weapons/effect he/she want to apply on targets.

I think dual wielding any combination of two-handed weapon is silly and farcical, unless of course the weapon was originally designed for osmeone or somehting SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the current wielder. For example, maybe a Centaur or a Stoneborn decide for some reason to dual wield a weapon that would require both hands for the smaller rodent race.

I think its stupid for a slightly different reason. Dual wielding two handers is something Topper from Dilbert would do.

Player 1: I'm going sword and board.

Player 2: Dual wield for me.

Player 3: I'm gonna get me a huge sword.

Topper: I'M DUAL WIELDING HUGE SWORDS!!111oneone!

Some guy whose character concept is just an existing concept but more over the top shouldn't be humored.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

From viewing pictures of both the knight and templar, it appeared that the knight had proficiency in one handed items such as a sword and shield while the Templar used a two handed sword (claymore).  The knight is however a ranged dps and uses a bow which is two handed so therefore we must have the ability to use two handed swords as well.  Going one step further and taking a item from WoW, would we have the option to use two - two handed swords?  I'm in favor of either way but thought having an option like that would be fun.  Obviously the attack speed would have to be reduced, but the damage should increase since we are a melee class.

I've played table-top games where this was allowed. 

To do so you would need to be twice as strong as a player who had the minimum strength to effectively wield the claidheamh-mòr sword 2-handed and a dual wield rune. Otherwise the suggestion is ridiculous and an abomination. Maybe a Champion or Minotaur with Giant's Blood rune could pull it off?

I think its stupid for a slightly different reason. Dual wielding two handers is something Topper from Dilbert would do.

Player 1: I'm going sword and board.

Player 2: Dual wield for me.

Player 3: I'm gonna get me a huge sword.

Topper: I'M DUAL WIELDING HUGE SWORDS!!111oneone!

Some guy whose character concept is just an existing concept but more over the top shouldn't be humored.

This was my first thought as well.

Reading this thread, Topper would say, "I'm wielding 2 bows, bunny-hop kiting as I retreat, and CF is P2W if I cannot."

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I want to duel wield shields.

Ever been hit with a shield bash? I have in the SCA. Think 250 pound dude with 80 pounds of metal stepping into a shield slam and whacking a 30 pound shield into you. 

Talk about an owie!

Ever been hit with a shield bash? I have in the SCA. Think 250 pound dude with 80 pounds of metal stepping into a shield slam and whacking a 30 pound shield into you. 

The SCA explicitly forbids shield bashes. Marshal's Handbook III.B.10.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

The worst hit I ever took in the SCA was from a new fighter in a melee who turn around and wailed me in the arm with the edge of a wooden shield.

Hit right below my shoulder armor and broke a blood vessel in my arm.

Better than breaking a bone I guess, but the arm was a most alarming shade of purple and green for a week or so

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I think the knight should be able to wield most weapon types in the game. But dual wielding two handed swords would rather be something for the champion.

It was my first day there, same with a couple buddies of mine as well. I am a fairly big dude, 5'11 215 lbs It lifted me up and shoved me back about a foot. I for one was too impressed to worry about rules. A little nervous too, to be honest, it didn't hurt that much overall but it did get my attention. I went to 4 more practices before I realized it was not for me. 

Of course I also had just got into Everquest beta, and there I could fight without getting huge bruises, sweat stained clothes, or the smell of all the other dudes all over me. 

I know I saw a picture of a knight and Champion fighting and the Knight was dual wielding one handed swords. Maybe someone else knows where that pic is.

A Warrior into the Knight must have weapons to win the fight call on...

The God on Knights is called Bamass

B.A.M.A.S.S

o  r  a  x w h

w  r  c  e o  i

o  e     r  e

w        d  l

d

Thanks for the pic @GeistBaoh

Personally I would prefer 2H sword simply for my aesthetic taste, but I can live with dual wield.

Obviously then we have sword and board and bow.  This look a wrap and I am pretty happy to be honest.

Edited by Anaraion

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

I know I saw a picture of a knight and Champion fighting and the Knight was dual wielding one handed swords. Maybe someone else knows where that pic is.Crowfall_ChampionBattle.jpg

Actually after going thru the Knight UI, I now have more questions.

http://crowfall.com/#/news/first-look-knight-powers-and-ui

Out of 8 abilities (6 skills and LMB and RMB) half involve a shield.  How will that work if I am dual wielding...  :huh: ?

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89