Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.400 Transformation (LIVE) Feedback for 2/22/2021

6.400 LIVE Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

One thing I noticed in some of the medium-sized fights last night was that the addition of more AoE untargeted pull skills makes combat more chaotic. A bunch of times last night I'd be focusing a target on the fringes and then my ally would use an AoE pull from the middle of the fight and my target would disappear right before my eyes.

Where did they go? Oh, they just teleported over there. Oh my allies did that. Well that sucks.

There's a similar sensation when trying to move around the fight and getting caught by an AoE pull. It's really jarring. One moment you're moving toward a destination, the next you're instantly teleported to another point in the fight. It feels way worse than when you get chain pulled. With the chain pull, at least you know the opponent was looking at you, targeting you, and deliberately made the choice to pull you. With the AoE pulls, it feels like they just kind of happen at random.

Example fight clips from @Nagoty: See the 2nd fight with Winterblades, especially.

With making freezing blast mandatory I feel like each promotion should get something with it besides frostguard which it already gets the debuff.

Personally  i think the black ice debuff should get baked into freezing blast, then make something else in place of black ice. then switch it and free weaving in the talent tree. this would make it a hard choice to pick up. also free weaving is a core FW skill, especially since focus gems are tied behind it.

After a few nights thinking of how to change crafting so that it would have been accessible to everyone and how to fix the issue with WT drop gear I came to a very simple and almost a genius idea :)

What if every player would have been able to craft good damage and good armor intermediate gear on their own without depending on other people?

Crowfall already has a mechanics of crafting intermediate armor and weapons. But it is never used in the game because the items crafted by Intermediate crafting not even nearly as good as a simple WT drop or even the stuff you can simply buy from vendors in the temple.

SUGGESTION:

Make the intermediate Armor and Weapons crafting similar to regular crafting with different qualities which depends on the quality of materials you use to craft it. Green intermediate weapon made of green ore would have been weaker than Purple weapon made of purple Ore and so on. BUT unlike advanced crafting, make it only 1 stat focused: Damage for weapons and Armor for gear with NO other additional stats to it.

This way you can entirely remove all the gear drop in the game which breaks the whole economy loop in Crowfall right now. Also, there will still be progress for even solo players and the possibility to craft viable weapons and armor by themselves using different materials. This will avoid interdependence in the exchange of the additional stats you can get from regular crafting loop which is interdependent.

Also, it'll be interesting to see the analogs of intermediate weapons and gear for jewelcrafting, for example, or even for necromacy. The main idea is to replace the boring WT gear drop and Outpost Chests gear drop with something viable and accessible for all the players in the game. While they'll still need to put some efforts to get it. It will bring much more people out into the world harvesting, will boost overall crafting in the game, and will ignite trading between players.

@Tyrant

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

This way you can entirely remove all the gear drop in the game which breaks the whole economy loop in Crowfall right now. 

How does wartribe and outpost gear break the economy loop? How does replacing it with more crafting help? This seems like a step backwards.

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

The main idea is to replace the boring WT gear drop and Outpost Chests gear drop with something viable and accessible for all the players in the game.

Wartribe and Outpost gear are not boring or inaccessible. It's a core activity for small guilds and solo players that allows them to remain semi-competitive into the late-game, albeit with a significant amount of work and RNG. It can also be really exciting to pick up a high quality item that you or one of your friends needs and is a major part of the purpose behind Kings and Heralds.    

It seems like some crafters are unhappy with Wartribe gear existing because they feel their crafted gear should be significantly stronger than Wartribe gear, but it's already considerably stronger late-game, you can choose your stats, and the durability is significantly higher. Wartribe/Outpost gear requires a constant stream due to durability and depends on RNG to get the pieces you actually need (ie, damage bonus on chest, right stats on weapon).  

When large guilds already have a numerical advantage, keep/castle buffs, and generally higher quality vessels, jewelry, and accessories (badges, belt, back), giving them significantly more power differential on gear as well is just overkill and will ultimately kill content. Less competitive and smaller guilds need to be able to feasibly participate and if you make the power differential too wide you just end up with Uncle Bob bullying everyone else out of the game. 

Edited by Alot

EKs: Can we get some signposts for the EKs, with the ability to write simple 10-15 characters of messages.  How are players to know where to go when in a larger EK.  It would be nice for economy reasons and RP reasons.  If you don't want to allow the community free rein on creating their own signs, then here are few that would be nice:

• Crafting
  • Vendors
  • Sacrifice
  • Pantheon
  • Storage

Allowing us to place these signs at specific junctures would help in telling people where they can find things.  The renaming of parcels isn't adequate when you get onto a large parcel, like the city or captial.

lUvvzPy.png

1 hour ago, Alot said:

It seems like some crafters are unhappy with Wartribe gear existing

I hate that WT gear exists, and I would rather see the mobs drop a lot more gold, and or resources.  Harvesting should be the most efficient way to get lots of resources for crafting; but fighting mobs could be a secondary way for fighter types to earn their gear (through gold/resources).  I've been thinking on this awhile, and what we have are 2 dramatically different playstyles each needing something from gear.  Players that want to jump in the game and PvP want gear handed to them, which means WT gear is good for them; but this leaves out a large part of the crafting community until higher progression gear.  Crafters want their gear to matter more than the WT gear at all stages of the game, not just later tiers.

Personally I want crafters and the environment that comes with them.  We don't need CF to be a MOBA, or a quick in/out game for PvP.  The PvP in CF was supposed to be a long drawn out Game of Thrones.  The quick PvP skirmishes would matter, but it was supposed to be the sieges and territory control as the large draw.  This was an RPG first and foremost, and that brings with it a slower paced type of gear progression.  Sure this might upset a lot of players that come for quick PvP, but I think it would be better for the community. 

1 minute ago, Spawl said:

The fact that dropped gear has statistics that are unable to be crafted is a problem.

We need the WT gear to have only armor and out of combat regen only.  Any other prefixes/suffixes need to be the realm of the crafter.  Limit the WT gear to green, while lowering the entry to crafting blue gear by increasing the resource rate for green/blue.  Most casual crafters have access to blue discs, and could effectively use blue mats, so the crafter is not the issue.  What is the issue is that crafters don't have access to enough resources to make gear.  Blair came up with this colored coded crafting system (I know he didn't invent the wheel), and I've seen it as a problem from day one.  I would have preferred only 1 color of resources, where more mats gave you a higher tiered outcome of green/blue.  Then the dregs could be used for special addatives for what would have been equal to purple/orange gear.  These addatives would come from regular nodes, not the motherlodes which are used for different crafting systems.  It's basically the system EvE uses, there are no different colors, just more resources used in the recipes (trit is trit).

lUvvzPy.png

Nah crafted gear is in a good spot. If it didnt feel like a waste i would ask our crafters to pump out greens simply because id appreciate not having to worry about stuff breaking. And the option to have those custom built is being seriously underestimated by yall.

With the dura loss even if people get chiefs everyday how long would that last? Hell, i had a bunch of bows last time i checked them but today i had none. Stuff is breaking really fast.

4 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

And the option to have those custom built is being seriously underestimated by yall.

It isn't underappreciated, but when you can get stats in good amounts on dropped gear but you don't have the option to craft those same stats through the combinations, that is the problem. I just want everything on those mob drops available to experiment on through crafting. 

Also, the highest level of crafting can't even get points as high in some statistics compared to the mob dropped, even with max experimentation. 

dx4GE4v.png

I whined about this in a previous feedback thread but..

I don't want to think about this poorly made dergs all the time.

I don't want to be constantly checking my inventory to see what is about to break and figure out how close I am to a bank.

I don't want to be estimating how long it'll take to fight an ancient griffon, trying to eyeball whether my gear will take too much durability loss to be worth attempting.

That is stressful - the opposite of fun.

I just want to pvp for a while and play the game.

I don't even die that much. There are players out there with >150 deaths in infected so far. I can't even imagine how many sets of gear they've gone through. What a pain.

Make gear rarer or cost more resources to make, but last longer, please :)

Edited by nihilsupernum
3 hours ago, Alot said:

How does wartribe and outpost gear break the economy loop? How does replacing it with more crafting help? This seems like a step backwards.

Wartribe and Outpost gear are not boring or inaccessible. It's a core activity for small guilds and solo players that allows them to remain semi-competitive into the late-game, albeit with a significant amount of work and RNG. It can also be really exciting to pick up a high quality item that you or one of your friends needs and is a major part of the purpose behind Kings and Heralds.    

It seems like some crafters are unhappy with Wartribe gear existing because they feel their crafted gear should be significantly stronger than Wartribe gear, but it's already considerably stronger late-game, you can choose your stats, and the durability is significantly higher. Wartribe/Outpost gear requires a constant stream due to durability and depends on RNG to get the pieces you actually need (ie, damage bonus on chest, right stats on weapon).  

When large guilds already have a numerical advantage, keep/castle buffs, and generally higher quality vessels, jewelry, and accessories (badges, belt, back), giving them significantly more power differential on gear as well is just overkill and will ultimately kill content. Less competitive and smaller guilds need to be able to feasibly participate and if you make the power differential too wide you just end up with Uncle Bob bullying everyone else out of the game. 

Please, check out my full post about these challenges with broken Economy in CF here:

Also, the discussion in the comments there is very interesting and worthwhile reading them.

Also, there are a lot of mechanics in the game which help small guilds already. You just need to start using them. For example, alliance mechanics allow you to stay a unique small community inside the game and at the same time to be a part of something bigger and, as a results, something more competitive. Currently, with no DREGS you are actually already ALLIGNED with all players in your faction.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

2 hours ago, Teufel said:

I hate that WT gear exists, and I would rather see the mobs drop a lot more gold, and or resources.  Harvesting should be the most efficient way to get lots of resources for crafting; but fighting mobs could be a secondary way for fighter types to earn their gear (through gold/resources).  I've been thinking on this awhile, and what we have are 2 dramatically different playstyles each needing something from gear.  Players that want to jump in the game and PvP want gear handed to them, which means WT gear is good for them; but this leaves out a large part of the crafting community until higher progression gear.  Crafters want their gear to matter more than the WT gear at all stages of the game, not just later tiers.

Personally I want crafters and the environment that comes with them.  We don't need CF to be a MOBA, or a quick in/out game for PvP.  The PvP in CF was supposed to be a long drawn out Game of Thrones.  The quick PvP skirmishes would matter, but it was supposed to be the sieges and territory control as the large draw.  This was an RPG first and foremost, and that brings with it a slower paced type of gear progression.  Sure this might upset a lot of players that come for quick PvP, but I think it would be better for the community. 

We need the WT gear to have only armor and out of combat regen only.  Any other prefixes/suffixes need to be the realm of the crafter.  Limit the WT gear to green, while lowering the entry to crafting blue gear by increasing the resource rate for green/blue.  Most casual crafters have access to blue discs, and could effectively use blue mats, so the crafter is not the issue.  What is the issue is that crafters don't have access to enough resources to make gear.  Blair came up with this colored coded crafting system (I know he didn't invent the wheel), and I've seen it as a problem from day one.  I would have preferred only 1 color of resources, where more mats gave you a higher tiered outcome of green/blue.  Then the dregs could be used for special addatives for what would have been equal to purple/orange gear.  These addatives would come from regular nodes, not the motherlodes which are used for different crafting systems.  It's basically the system EvE uses, there are no different colors, just more resources used in the recipes (trit is trit).

I fully agree with you here.

Moreover, I honestly think that if ACE will remove WT gear entirely it would only increase the amount of small scale PVP skirmishes because everyone will be out farming resources to craft more gear.

The fact that Crowfall is moving fast towards the MOBA game style abandoning 1 good mechanics after another, transforming game entirely from one concept which was 2 years ago, to a completely different game nowadays is worrisome for me. That is why I'm trying to put this ALERTS everywhere I can because according to the JTodds interview to Massively Overpowered (https://massivelyop.com/2021/02/19/interview-crowfall-is-very-close-to-launch-plus-more-details-on-the-6-400-transformation-launch/ ) Crowfall is moving fast towards launch. And that most of the ACE team is being transferred from developing and implementing new mechanics to polishing the game for release.

If the game releases with such a broken economy, I doubt I'll be playing it then. I personally signed up not only for PVP (which I really love in Crowfall) but also for player-driven economy, elements of survival game, sense of gradual progression, unique and interdependent crafting system... which seem to being extinct these days. 

Here is a big post about this whole issue, by the way:

At the same time I stay pretty optimistic because I believe that we, as Crowfall community, can drag devs attention to this WT gear drop issue and that we can change it. Like we (community) have already changed big game mechanics which were broken. Remember those Fort Loot chests (they used to produce a poorly made dergs ton of materials + gold and ethereal dust)? It was fixed. Remember that we've delivered the idea that Mobile Banks are bad for the game and they were removed. So we can do it with WT drops, as well. I believe that in a few months nobody would even remember that you could get a full set (or even a few sets) of the top-tier gear and weapons after only 30 minutes farm in DREGS (or 1 hour farm in Infected).

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Is there any way we can get a hide helmet option in game? There's no point to having all these cool hairstyles and colors if on some armor, it totally hides your head. I'd love to see a simple toggle.

Also I noticed there's a serious racial imbalance in reticule height in melee mode. I made a post in Beta General Discussion to illustrate what I mean. This really needs fixing as well, not just for balancing but to offer real choices in using the option in game settings, because on some races there's really no choice at all.

Edited by Leiloni
1 hour ago, nihilsupernum said:

dx4GE4v.png

I whined about this in a previous feedback thread but..

I don't want to think about this poorly made dergs all the time.

I don't want to be constantly checking my inventory to see what is about to break and figuring out how close I am to a bank.

I don't want to be estimating how long it'll take to fight an ancient griffon, trying to eyeball whether my gear will take too much durability loss to be worth attempting.

That is stressful - the opposite of fun.

I just want to pvp for a while and play the game.

I don't even die that much. There are players out there with >150 deaths in infected so far. I can't even imagine how many sets of gear they've gone through. What a pain.

Make gear rarer or cost more resources to make, but last longer, please :)

I usually carry a spare set of gear and weapons with me in the inventory 😃 I also just delete/sell to vendor the equipment which is about to break. I assume that it won't work that well in Dregs though 😃

But this is an "easy" solution for devs to increase the need in crafted equipment (cause the durability is higher there) through your pain.

Honestly, seems like the WT drop gear should either be extremely rare in Crowfall or even non-existent at all. Let players craft the gear for themselves. It means more players will be out in the world harvesting, more players will be crafting, more players will be trading. Also, if you are a new player to Crowfall, you will know what to do: go and farm GOLD from WT, come back to the players' market and buy as much gear as you want of any type. Or even order the gear from crafters directly and they will craft it for you. Just recall that in 5.+ Crowfal version trading was a big part of the game. While in 6.+ version trading is almost non-existent. In this situation all the WT dropped gear seems completely redundant.

Also, I will repeat my previous suggestion: make special instances aka maps inside each PVP world which will allow players inside only during certain hours and which will be PVP/PVE world (like in Albion online) where players will fight mob bosses and each other for the loot. This is one of the best features in Albion. Why not taking the most successful features from the same type of games in the genre?!?

Edited by SAM_BUKA

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic