Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reticule Height Needs Major Balancing Between Races

I'm not sure if this is already common knowledge but I had a bit of a revelation today watching a streamer on a Human Ranger with the Reticule in permanent Melee Mode even when wielding the bow, that reticule height is not at all balanced between races. I've thus far played in adaptive mode and as much as I can't stand playing a ranged character with an over the shoulder reticule, I figured I had no choice, because for the High Elf and Wood Elf races I've played Ranged on thus far, Melee mode reticule is so terrible it's not even an option. 

So seeing how wonderfully high it was on this Human Ranger today was a bit of a shock. I'd love if we could balance Melee Mode reticule so that all races have it high enough that they can use this as an option in either ranged or melee combat if they wish (and the location appears to be the same regardless of whether you are using a melee or ranged weapon). I also noticed that the reticule shows up even higher when on a horse and personally I think I like this location even better. Either way, I've taken some screenshots that I think illustrate this better than any words can.

I took these with Snipping Tool to save time cutting/pasting, which I'm now learning takes really low quality screenshots, so sorry about that. Also these pictures are taken with the camera zoomed out as far as it will go on all races.

High Elf Confessor - literally on top of the head

W1QOJMp.jpg

Wood Elf Druid - also on top of the head

rokwOXj.jpg

Elken Ranger - still really low but surprisingly higher than the Elves?

67rSXrn.jpg

Elken Knight for comparison's sake with a melee - same spot

egW2YnE.jpg

Nethari Confessor - much higher

EheMBUS.jpg

Human Ranger - same high location

gEh0waH.jpg

Human Female Cleric - for melee comparison. Also the same spot (am I imagining this or does the Male Human have a slightly higher reticule than the Female?)

m6GrWNn.jpg

And here's the High Elf Reticule on a mount. This feels better and mostly the location I'm used to from other games.

YLfUdpX.jpg

Edited by Leiloni

10 minutes ago, Parallel said:

Players need the ability to zoom out because players like me have P2W Ultra Wide Monitors. I bet the guys who designed the UI do too. The majority of players don't. 

Its only P2W if you are at 144hz or above running triple digit FPS. :) But seriously, I am not sure if this game is coded to allow this to happen.

btw, monitors are quite cheap, now that the trend shifted to smaller screens with phones years ago.

Just now, mystafyi said:

Its only P2W if you are at 144hz or above running triple digit FPS. :) But seriously, I am not sure if this game is coded to allow this to happen.

btw, monitors are quite cheap, now that the trend shifted to smaller screens with phones years ago.

You're missing the part where you have more screen. 

10 minutes ago, Parallel said:

You're missing the part where you have more screen. 

Not sure if having the larger FOV with 21/9 is decisively advantageous due to having to move head more. For those games that lock fov, then yes 21/9 can give you advantage. I automatically went with higher hz and fps equaling higher dps (somewhat common in gaming) and forgot about fov advantages.