Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raegy

Do you want a day and night cycle.

Day and Night cycle.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a day and night cycle.

I don't know what the devs plans are for this game when it comes to day and night cycles. I have not seen a post up for it so I thought i would make one. Let the devs know what you want. I have seen a few MMO's without one and I honestly think it sucks. So everyone please vote :D

Absolutely should be day/night cycle.  Not sure how that could be done though when there will be people in every time zone imaginable playing.  I for one wouldn't care if it looked like night time when noon where I live lol

Maria Lightheart

In this day and age things like weather and day and night cycles should just be a given. If they are looking at a real living world, then I don't see how you could be without.

I like day/night cycles but not short ones. It annoys me when you get a fast cycle. Day for 30 mins, night for 30 mins, etc. A good length of say 2 hours per phase would be good.

I once ate a sprout.

Not only would a day and night cycle add immersion, it could also open up so many game play possibilities as well. I'm definitely for it personally. Wouldn't mind weather too, random thunderstorms and in some environments blizzards and sandstorms.

No.  I play at the same time every day so it wouldn't affect me much.  I like it to change based on world/area, not the time of day where I or the gamemakers are located.  It gets boring if they're all the same time of day always and it would be if you play the same time everyday.  This discussion is starting to make me see why I have stuck with Wizard101 so long despite Crowns Isle being so frustrating to deal with.  Whether it's day or night, depends on the world and the wanted atmosphere of that world.  That's as it should be.  It should be permanent day or night (or sunny, rainy, foggy, etc.) to enhance the mood of the area.  If I want real world conditions, I'll go hang in the fantastic public park my town has.  MMO's should be an escape from reality, not an extension thereof, just like a good novel or movie is.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Canadians, they are afraid of the dark.

Just look at the poll, there's already one out there

The only thing we Canadians are afraid of is that the US will finally decide to deport Beiber back to us.  Also possibly that there will be a duct tape shortage, but that's more of a "when hell freezes over" kind of fear.

Absolutely, give me a night cycle, and a good long one at that. And weather! And make it affect gameplay. It'd be awesome to see people running into an opposing army for battle and slipping on ice or something.

I'd love a day/night cycle and even seasons too. Not just north zone is colder that south zone type thing. But during winter, more zones have snow and are more difficult the traverse or hide in. Leave foot prints in the snow to follow. Night time leads to night raids. Groups hiding in the dark brush waiting to jump unsuspecting travelers. Do you light a torch to see your way or trudge through the dark to stay undetected?