Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raegy

Do you want a day and night cycle.

Day and Night cycle.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a day and night cycle.

I personally wouldn't mind.  I think it would add a certain something to the game environment, but then again the developers could already have all this covered in the game w/certain areas set w/a particular ambiance, etc, which I find okay as well...anything to set the mood.  ;)

lore.png

Hells to the yes! Especially if players don't have to have the normal magic "continuous torch" effect of always having a light source on.

The only thing we Canadians are afraid of is that the US will finally decide to deport Beiber back to us.  Also possibly that there will be a duct tape shortage, but that's more of a "when hell freezes over" kind of fear.

Absolutely, give me a night cycle, and a good long one at that. And weather! And make it affect gameplay. It'd be awesome to see people running into an opposing army for battle and slipping on ice or something.

this was funny :P 

Having different effects from weather, boardgame/RTS style would be cool.  Such as if there were a foggy thunderstorm during a siege, the visibility limiting fog could be used strategically by either side.  Or if the rain made movement have a movement-penalty, due to slippery/muddy terrain.  Stuff like this seems not very hard to implement.  I know nothing of coding though.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

well this should be a no-brainer yes;

that would be pretty bad ass.

Run slower in a swampy area when it rains

Lightning striking around you in a desolate area

Dragon's Dogma was pretty cool, at night time the creatures would be twice sometimes 3x as harder. Don't travel the roads at night!

Qk6jfUu.png

would be cool but with so many different players in a game how does this work? its day in some parts of the world and night in some parts of the world all the time,

~STAY MAD~

I love this idea! Defiantly! Maybe, at day, everything is normal and the creatures or pretty much normal and are easily defeated. But when night comes, more monsters lurk and gain more strength, or a night even that might happened… if, we ever get monsters.

I want a real Day / Night Circle which also get DARK. There is no more MMO besides Black Desert's Thunderstorm that getting Dark so you NEED a Torch etc. in order to see something.

I love this idea! Defiantly! Maybe, at day, everything is normal and the creatures or pretty much normal and are easily defeated. But when night comes, more monsters lurk and gain more strength, or a night even that might happened… if, we ever get monsters.

Simon

I may be completely off base here but I am thinking the only "monsters" we will need to worry about are the ones that come rushing at us dagger drawn, knock us down, smile while we bleed and take our stuff :) Oh, and lots of stuff burning.  They seem to like fire.   x cough, sb'ers in another words x  I may be all wrong but I don't see J Todds vision being dark fairies flying up and down the street and twanging you with a blood bat spell if you get too close.   Real decisions, real consequences.   Split second decisions.   No potions to drink to regen and go back and get that dang fairy :)  Just my speculation and my 2 cents.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Keyrings, torches, weight cap reducing bags, lightstones, glowing weapons and shields. YES - give us nightcycles that matter, where cranking the gamma might slightly help, but not nearly as much as a good lantern. NO AMBIENT LIGHT other than the sun/moon.

The only thing we Canadians are afraid of is that the US will finally decide to deport Beiber back to us.  Also possibly that there will be a duct tape shortage, but that's more of a "when hell freezes over" kind of fear.

Absolutely, give me a night cycle, and a good long one at that. And weather! And make it affect gameplay. It'd be awesome to see people running into an opposing army for battle and slipping on ice or something.

We won the hockey game fair and square.  They have to keep Beiber.

Yes, the day night cycle should be about 2 hours long so that you are likely to experience the change every time you play.  The night should be extremely dark and scary.  There should be things that go bump in the night.