Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raegy

Do you want a day and night cycle.

Day and Night cycle.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a day and night cycle.

If it does have a night cycle I want it to actually be, ya know ,dark.

As in deep under ground, I need a bloody torch to see anything, Dark Souls 'dark'.

Otherwise really, what's the point?

Even voting yes, Im' not sure about the usefulness of a day night cycle.

Darknes is a big problem for fighting battles in open field.

It has some complications. Lets say tou can play only at night time, then the game will be always in darkness for you and

probably hindering your character role, and game experience, you are wishing to play.

I think the day night cycle should be scaled to at least twice of real daylight hours (instead of a day cycle being 24 hours I say scale it to 48 hours). 

This way you can make sure anyone can play either night or day.

Furthermore, if time becomes scaled 4 times (96 hours day cycle) you can be present at dawn, noon, dusk and night

even if you login always at the same time, after work, school, whatever.

Even voting yes, Im' not sure about the usefulness of a day night cycle.

Darknes is a big problem for fighting battles in open field.

It has some complications. Lets say tou can play only at night time, then the game will be always in darkness for you and

probably hindering your character role, and game experience, you are wishing to play.

I think the day night cycle should be scaled to at least twice of real daylight hours (instead of a day cycle being 24 hours I say scale it to 48 hours). 

This way you can make sure anyone can play either night or day.

Furthermore, if time becomes scaled 4 times (96 hours day cycle) you can be present at dawn, noon, dusk and night

even if you login always at the same time, after work, school, whatever.

Well yes, it would be silly if they had an exact 1-1 day/night cycle.  It should be closer to 4-1 , so an in game day is 6 hours, 4 daylight hours and 2 night hours.

And so if you want to see at night, bring a torch.

Thou it is possible to have skills or racial abilities that give a degree on night vision.

Well yes, it would be silly if they had an exact 1-1 day/night cycle.  It should be closer to 4-1 , so an in game day is 6 hours, 4 daylight hours and 2 night hours.

Thou it is possible to have skills or racial abilities that give a degree on night vision.

I see impossible to hold a torch, a shield and and sword at same time, or two handed sword, except those weird samurai that had a banner tied to themselves with a lantern hanging for going into battles.

Standard bearers with torches are needed, maybe they can be spawned NPC, unless the game decided to solve the problem in another an unrealistic fashion.

i dont just want a day and night cycle.  I want it to matter.  i dont want it to be in real time.  it should be set up in a way that everyone, regardless of time zone, can experience night and day bonuses.

It would be cool if something like seeing a sneaking/hiding person was easier during the day and harder at night.

If the day and night effected other things like character offensive powers as well, it would make siegeing a city more interesting.  Like the tide turning as dawn shines on the battle.

Edited by tenshijin

ezgzn8.jpg

i dont just want a day and night cycle.  I want it to matter.  i dont want it to be in real time.  it should be set up in a way that everyone, regardless of time zone, can experience night and day bonuses.

It would be cool if something like seeing a sneaking/hiding person was easier during the day and harder at night.

If the day and night effected other things like character offensive powers as well, it would make siegeing a city more interesting.  Like the tide turning as dawn shines on the battle.

Day and night could each last 3 hours, I think that's a good time.

Imho should do it like in black desert.

In night time, your names dissappear, unless you are in party or raid or whatever.

Names Disappearing would be nice for player killers with no honor, but my guild prefers to know who robbed us, so we can break the door down to their miserable spider holes and regain a little dignity by beating the PK's senseless.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Yes please? As well as weather. Not as just an effect though. Let it affect gameplay. Certain fighting styles such as melee and rogue work well at night where as ranged need daylight. In regards to weather, let the weather give different disadvantages to the different fighting classes. Ranged is affected by the wind, melee by muddy conditions, mages by the rain (dont want their concoctions to be altered by a little h20). And then there is climate. The people(races) from the north get boosts in snow and cold, vice versa for those for the south. Maybe im a dreamer but ive always thought this would add a new depth and difficulty in games that id love.

All this would affect tracking as well.

Maybe there are two suns in the Crowfall solar system?

Pitch black night isn't very realistic either though. I'm out in the sticks with little light pollution and I can see very well at night with anything more than a dark moon. Full moon, particularly when there is snow cover and may as well be daylight.

Just imagine:its night, you eat some poisonous fuit, it starts a war in your stomache, you go in the woods  when it tries to flee from your butt ,and your light goes out.