Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minotaur Archer body blocking vision

When playing a minotaur archer aiming up a hill or if there is anything behind you it is nearly impossible to reliably pick a target since your own character model covers up a big portion of your screen.

I recommend adding a transparency option for our own character, or at the very least allowing enemy nameplates to be "always on top" while aiming

unknown.png

This is probably the worst example. (something behind you, a hill or rock.
unknown.png

I've posted a video below.

To be clear, are you okay with the viewpoint you have for most of the fight? To me, it seems fine for most of the fight, but then when the hill is behind you it becomes real bad.

27 minutes ago, Stasy said:

To be clear, are you okay with the viewpoint you have for most of the fight? To me, it seems fine for most of the fight, but then when the hill is behind you it becomes real bad.

it isn't so bad during some times of the fight, it is a big difference when compared to half-elf.. i'll have to work on a video comparing both viewpoints standing in the same place to really showcase that however

1 hour ago, Hamlet said:

I recommend adding a transparency option for our own character, or at the very least allowing enemy nameplates to be "always on top" while aiming.

I agree with both points, and would honestly like to see both implemented, but with (perhaps obvious, but worth clarifying) minor caveats/additions;

• This transparency should only trigger when the camera starts getting closer to the character, becoming gradually more transparent the closer you are. I imagine most people would still prefer the character to be completely opaque whenever it is practical, so as to maintain immersion, until such a time that this opaqueness starts to interfere with their ability to properly assess their surroundings.
  • Enemy nameplates should only be "always on top" relative to the bodies of player characters - nameplates probably shouldn't be visible through walls, rocks, hills, leaves, and other environmental objects, so that the ability to use Line of Sight to evade enemy detection remains intact.
  • These options should be toggles (defaulted to "On" position), because not everyone will want them on or they might find situations where the feature becomes a hindrance, such as zooming in for close-up screenshots of their character.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

They need to let people fix their camera angle (having more room for player customization overall with this is better than just fixing it on a per-race basis), letting people zoom out more (which I'd say is the main way players can fix their own camera angle if you can zoom out and then look down more from slightly above), and also have a higher reticule for the melee/above the head choice. All of these things or a mixture of them would help immensely. These should just be standard options in the game settings for any race/class combo.

Edited by Leiloni