Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anthrage

Confirmed, Reward Ek-Based Structures Can Be Deployed In Other Eks

As stated by Ace here.

This should help guilds consolidate at least some of their assets in a 'guild-EK'. That EK would need to be one with a lot of parcels however, since as it stands now, you can't move your bonus parcels to other EKs, you can only rent/be given those already there.

This raises the question of proxy accounts. In some games these are used as buffers and the like, where officers or the guild general population have the login information for this shared account. In this context, guild members could pool resources to create/acquire a guild-proxy account of a type with a large number of parcels. This has the nice side effect of in theory preventing 1 single person from being in control of the guild EK.

So the question is, do you expect this kind of thing to be done, and if so, how might it be managed?

Edited by Anthrage

Awesome question.

Technically you could sub-divide a 100 parcel kingdom by 1's, so the Monarch controls 100, next in line controls 99, next is 98, etc. until you hit a reasonable amount of people that have control over all but the first few.

With this you could have, for example, a 6-player inner-council of sorts controlling every thing subdivided below the 95th parcel which could contain all of your trade and taxed properties.  That way you have X amount of players in control of those parcels.

The thing we don't seem to know yet is if Player #6 who controls 95 and below has direct control over those parcels and controls the taxation, etc, can the Monarch control those same properties on a granular level, or is that micro-functionality reserved for the player who directly pays for those parcels.

Edited by alestorm

Alestorm MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Hey Ale, good to see you.

I think, based on what is stated in the FAQ, that what I was describing can be done with the existing system, if the Monarch/Guild-proxy assigns single-Parcel Domains to each person. The mechanics seem to provide a method of determining or controlling if your Domain/parcel-package owner has control over things such as subdivision and taxation or not, by limiting them to 1 parcel: Those with only 1 parcel cannot themselves become owners and therefore have no control over taxation and so on.

The only issue with the single-parcel method, aside from limited size per player/guild member, is that complete control is in the hands of one account. Even if it is a shared-access account, there is some risk involved there if the go AWOL or CRAZY. :)

Edited by Anthrage

Hey Ale, good to see you.

I think, based on what is stated in the FAQ, that what I was describing can be done with the existing system, if the Monarch/Guild-proxy assigns single-Parcel Domains to each person. The mechanics seem to provide a method of determining or controlling if your Domain/parcel-package owner has control over things such as subdivision and taxation or not, by limiting them to 1 parcel: Those with only 1 parcel cannot themselves become owners and therefore have no control over taxation and so on.

The only issue with the single-parcel method, aside from limited size per player/guild member, is that complete control is in the hands of one account. Even if it is a shared-access account, there is some risk involved there if the go AWOL or CRAZY. :)

Or decide to be a spy for the enemy.  Had that happen when we built a secret merchant town on test.  One of the IC unprotected all of our buildings in the middle of the night for destruction.   :(

Yeah that kind of thing happened a fair bit in SB, and to some degree it was part of the game - though not a good part if you were on the bad end of it. :)

I do think nowadays (that word looks like it should be something a spell-checker should flag, but doesn't!) it is somewhat easier to prevent that level of infiltration...but I suppose ultimately it boils doing to what measures you take and how good the infiltrator is!

Yep, hence my OP and the idea of a shared account. Give the IC the login info, and hope you're a good judge of character. :)

Aye, even with the hierarchical system you're still screwed if the Monarch goes AWOL.

Essentially the same issue you have in every game. :)

Edited by Anthrage

I'm working on a monster post in another thread on this subject. but having looked at and thought about what we know of EK mechanics, it does allow you to do some pretty cool things.

For example, the way you split up the parcels. Lets say you go with a proxy guild account, with a 100 parcel EK. You then assign 24 each to your 4 IC members, with 4 of that to be owned undivided by each of them, and the remaining 80, 20 each, to be given to general members. Each IC would control a 'quarter'm and each quarter could represent a different category of operation.

This allows you, for example, to put the guild crafters all in the same quarter, and set that quarter's tax levels accordingly. The same could be done for a 'resource gatherer' quarter, with parcels owned by the players who spend time in the harshest, and bring back from them the top tier materials. You get the idea. Not only would taxation and other related settings be based on one's role in the guild, but graphically, physically in the EK, holdings of a similar nature would be grouped together - like a quarter in an urban planning sense. People coming to your EK would physically walk around a portion of it, going from shop to shop or merchant to merchant...would make it seem more like a real world.

Having all trade by done by physically going to EKs, and not through any market or trading interface, would be pretty cool I think.

Anthrage, I dig the idea of the "quarters".  Makes perfect sense.

And yeah players should absolutely have to physically travel to EKs to purchase goods.  Not only does it promote player-to-player contact and social interaction but it gives you a hell of a lot more incentive to build an awesome kingdom.

Alestorm MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I don't believe I said it was otherwise. Nothing can prevent that. The purpose of a proxy is to to address the AWOL issue, not theft.

A monarch still retains ownerships of all parcels in the EK. They can be given away but the Monarch still retains ownership. They're just leased.

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54d23a28cb64aad54d68afd8

So a guild account could still be stolen and take away all the parcels from the whole guild.

Some people are questioning the value or importance of EK's. They seem to be overlooking that most of the items will be created in the EKs, and not in the fully destructable, full-PvP, resetting Campaign Worlds. Some raw materials needed to craft certain items can only be acquired and are thus available at the end of and thus outside of the Campaign Worlds. This single dynamic has huge consequences, that I really feel most people haven't fully considered.