Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The community of this game.

8 hours ago, Quig said:

Wait, so the group of people who took away the castle from the community by using gold they got from ripping off newbies and then going into general chat to brag about this fact, are now posting on the forums about the community being toxic? Y I K E S

This community has put together fully formed and admined tournaments (Crow Battles)

A newbie guild to help players grow (BEAR) then go to whatever guild they choose 

Live streams about crafting (Captain) to teach new players how it works

Crafting recipes made public and not kept to themselves (Phylor) that pretty much everyone uses and provides to new players

Constant You Tube video guides PER PATCH (CrusaderW) to keep new players up to date

Player builder (Don't know who made it but - Crowcaine.wiki) to help theorycraft with eachother in an easier way

When TRA showed up DIS invited them to do formed scrims and taught them how group PvP worked in CF. That same offer was extended multiple times to new guilds. 

Friday night Public fights in EK opened to everyone

This community is no where near the toxicity levels of a game like Albion. You get exactly what you give to this community. You come in being jerks to everyone and thats exactly what you'll get back. You come in like a normal decent human like ZZav did and look how it's treated him. Nothing but love for ZZav. 

Wait, so playing the game and claiming a castle is now toxic?

Vending to other players is toxic?

You are the toxicity. Reevaluate your words and thank me for creating content on a Saturday night. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I played/tested back in 2018 and game was very rough.  The game has made leaps and bounds and is actually coming along quite well.  Seems to have very solid patches and updates and im actually quite h

Are you being toxic in saying that? This community is FAR more toxic than Albion Online and it has a player base that is 15+ years older. It makes 0 sense.  From my experience, this game absolute

Huh, this community is pretty chill. Most of us have no problem helping up new players. The only case I have seen of Vets giving new players the cold shoulder is when said newbies come around thi

On 2/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, Kraahk said:

[...]

• Judging a whole community on personal experiences within 48 hours, seems to be quite short-sighted in my personal opinion. It's just a snapshot. Snapshots can be good, or they can be bad. To develop a well edjucated opinion, I would, generally, suggest to apply a wider time-frame. And a wider sample. Like not just looking at the ingame chat, but also at the discord community, the forums - and not just consuming that, but trying to get behind the scene. You are already doing that with your posting here, so ... good job. ;)

I agree that visiting the Discord and the forums are good ways to learn to know the community better, rather than focusing on what a few players may have typed in the in-game chat. From what I've seen, many of the people on the forums and Discord are helpful and friendly.

Edited by francis101
9 hours ago, iLiketospankmyself said:

TLDR:

Quig: *Insert Persuasive Essay Here*

Parallel: "no u"

LMFAOOOOOO prolly the most brain dead response to an actual post with evidence.
good troll parallel 10/10
u a clown

Let's be honest here, did anyone really think he had a good response? He literally proved my last few sentences correct. It was so perfect it deserves a chefs kiss. 

Edited by Quig
13 hours ago, Parallel said:

and thank me for creating content on a Saturday night. 

I don't know you and you don't know me, but from my perspective this mentality is what others have problems.  

Yeah, you  said it yourself: you played the game and took the castle.  We had a big fight that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  But why would anyone thank you for simply playing the game?

I would have played on Saturday night and pvp'd regardless of whether or not the castle was taken.

So yeah, the entitlement in your post is just too egregious for my taste. 

P.S. You aren't the only one in these forums that seems to act entitled, so maybe you are just responding and feeding off of that. I have no way to speak for why you write the stuff you do, I can only comment on the effect it has on me.

1 hour ago, Stasy said:

I don't know you and you don't know me, but from my perspective this mentality is what others have problems.  

Yeah, you  said it yourself: you played the game and took the castle.  We had a big fight that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  But why would anyone thank you for simply playing the game?

I would have played on Saturday night and pvp'd regardless of whether or not the castle was taken.

So yeah, the entitlement in your post is just too egregious for my taste. 

P.S. You aren't the only one in these forums that seems to act entitled, so maybe you are just responding and feeding off of that. I have no way to speak for why you write the stuff you do, I can only comment on the effect it has on me.

No one took the castle because of what I view as a massive "Non Aggression Pact" which most of the game seems to abide by. This is a PvP game. We took the castle and general chat erupted in insults/hostility. Someone posted on the forum how toxic taking the castle was and how this hurts the game. The castle ended up creating a massive siege that would not have taken place unless we took the castle. PvP last night would have been organized, NAP-friendly PvP. Sun/Moon have never reached out and said "hey Unparalleled guys, you should come scrimmage with us". When we see you guys fighting, we come over, you stop fighting each other and kill us then resume fighting. You have a NAP with these people and you are allied. We have reached out to Dis/Hax/etc to scrimmage to no avail, they see us as the enemy and always did even before we started trolling the community this hard.

2 hours ago, Quig said:

Let's be honest here, did anyone really think he had a good response? He literally proved my last few sentences correct. It was so perfect it deserves a chefs kiss. 

On the contrary, you didn't deserve a good response. I read what you wrote and I saw sources that usually you would make fun of. Most people say don't look at CrusaderW's stuff because it's poor information but it's the only information out there. Now that it benefits you to use him as an example you use it, in your internal circles I doubt you think it's good information.

CrowBattles has taken place 1 time to my knowledge, some of the organizers told players it would be postponed if 6.4 went live. 6.4 went live, we were all playing the game the community hyped on us and you are all on test center complaining that new players aren't there when live just went up? 

Pretty sure I can find similar arguments to everything you said, it's just not worth my time.  

Edited by Parallel
32 minutes ago, Parallel said:

"We have reached out to Dis/Hax/etc to scrimmage to no avail, they see us as the enemy and always did even before we started trolling the community this hard."

Ignoring everything else in this argument I need to highlight one major error -- this is incorrect. Myself, nor my leadership, has been approached by Parallel or any of his guild regarding scrims. If you ask anyone in this community they will generally tell you one thing -- DIS is always open to scrims. We play this game for fights and your perceived understanding of this game and its politics is quite incorrect. If you're stating that DIS and Death have a NAP, good lord... what an interesting proposition. You haven't seen a dregs campaign yet and most of this population is idle awaits it's launch.

If you do wish to make yourself an honest man, my discord is Ruq#6343 and we'd be happy to setup scrims, otherwise we will see you in dregs this week.

1KJChGN.png Dissentient

26 minutes ago, Parallel said:

No one took the castle because of what I view as a massive "Non Aggression Pact" which most of the game seems to abide by. This is a PvP game. We took the castle and general chat erupted in insults/hostility. Someone posted on the forum how toxic taking the castle was and how this hurts the game. The castle ended up creating a massive siege that would not have taken place unless we took the castle. PvP last night would have been organized, NAP-friendly PvP. Sun/Moon have never reached out and said "hey Unparalleled guys, you should come scrimmage with us". When we see you guys fighting, we come over, you stop fighting each other and kill us then resume fighting. You have a NAP with these people and you are allied. We have reached out to Dis/Hax/etc to scrimmage to no avail, they see us as the enemy and always did even before we started trolling the community this hard.

Are you seriously crying about not getting scrims with other clans? Its a pvp game who cares. Go out there , get some bang and chew through the meat grinder.  Scrims are beyond useless in this type of game.  Only time they should be used is internally to bring up weaker players and explain things to them.  Other than that the meat grinder is the best way you'll get experience to what works and what doesn't since open world is unpredictable and without rules. 

P.S. Your form of trolling is that of lies and some form of slander in game of course.  It's not even good trolling. Maybe that's why the community doesn't respond well to you.  Thank you for the amusement though that the #1 Albion player is crying about not getting scrims vs his enemies.  

49 minutes ago, Parallel said:

Pretty sure I can find similar arguments to everything you said, it's just not worth my time.  

Not too sure why you're attacking CrusaderW all of a sudden. None of your counterpoints are remotely accurate, which is probably the real reason you didn't respond in the first place. But hey, just say things and hope people believe them. It didn't work but it was worth a try. 

25 minutes ago, MrErad said:

Are you seriously crying about not getting scrims with other clans? Its a pvp game who cares. Go out there , get some bang and chew through the meat grinder.  Scrims are beyond useless in this type of game.  Only time they should be used is internally to bring up weaker players and explain things to them.  Other than that the meat grinder is the best way you'll get experience to what works and what doesn't since open world is unpredictable and without rules. 

P.S. Your form of trolling is that of lies and some form of slander in game of course.  It's not even good trolling. Maybe that's why the community doesn't respond well to you.  Thank you for the amusement though that the #1 Albion player is crying about not getting scrims vs his enemies.  

You scrimmed us until we won 10 times in a row, then you had us banned from Zerobie's EK Erad. 

Edited by Parallel

I've played in some of the most toxic communities and cf is by far one of the softest, least toxic ones yet. There's so much risk aversion available that it makes the game feel extremely low stakes and casual in comparison to others.

Edited by Helix
18 minutes ago, Parallel said:

You scrimmed us until we won 10 times in a row, then you had us banned from Zerobie's EK Erad. 

5 minutes ago, srathor said:

Man it took them 10 encounters to figure yall out.  I banned yall after like 15 seconds. 

Don't worry, he is embellishing the truth even here, they got dunked on, multiple times, and then decided they would stage an "ek raid" and show up and just drive through all the ongoing dueling and testing without any forward mention of it whatsoever. When being called out on it the guild members would simply respond with "Parallel told us to" with no shred or attempt at denial of their toxic foray.

Edited by UnderGrowth
3 minutes ago, Parallel said:

Yep on test everyone tries new things.  Bragging how you won on test is quite comical.  I've put you and your clan in the dirt more than enough times to count but thats neither here or there.    Ask anyone in this game outside of the test server environment if we scrim anyone?   Yep I pushed for your clan to get banned from zerobies EK right up there with isotope.  People were testing things then you and your crew would start attacking anyone that was already testing things with someone else. I know you might find this shocking but people do use the TEST server to actually you know TEST things.

Like I said the problem is you not the community.  You seem to have this victim mentality when you're the one picking a fight with everyone. If you want to make enemies of everyone cool more respect to you but  don't complain about it when it doesn't end up the way you want. Hell I can safely say I'm enemies with probably about 90% of the server but if they ask me to test something I'm not going to be like no and continue to piss them off.   We're all here to make this game succeed and I can respect that.  In game the gloves come off and I expect nothing less or more from the community once in game.  

P.S. Thanks for proving my point though with the lie right above.  We got you banned because you won a few fights in testing?  Come on...

1 hour ago, Parallel said:

Yeah, that was you. You started the trash talk. That seems to be your thing though, and that's ok. All I've ever seen out of you is trash talk, and that's ok too. 

And there is no NAP that I know of. I speak solely for me, myself, and I, but I can assure you that I have done my absolute best to kill any and all reds I see, especially Dis/Hax/W/HoA.

Nobody took that castle because its a waste of gold. What guild that is trying to level and gear out all the harvesters and crafters, and provide everyone with a green or blue vessel is going to drop 75,000 gold in infected? I'll respond now like I responded when you dropped the tree and immediately started talking trash in general, what a custard idiot. 

I don't understand this thread though. I think veteran players have had open arms when it comes to new players. All my buddy codes on all my accounts are used up. I've spent a ton of time guiding new players and offering advice. Dis/Hax/whoeveridontgiveapoorly made dergs created a sub guild specifically for new players. When I kill people, I even try to tell them specifically what they're doing wrong so they have a better shot in the future (not all players, just names I don't recognize.) 

If you are more interested in small scale pvp, you can search for the insane amount of threads and comments from people in the giant (read:30-40 active) guilds asking for smaller scale pvp. We WANT smaller scale pvp too, hell we're practically begging for it. 

Guys, I say this to every 'new' player on here. If Infected is too tough for you or too toxic, I'm letting you know now, its going to get worse when dregs drop. Bag loot is coming. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

I personally think the Crowfall community as a whole is pretty good. 

I believe a lot of that is helped by the fact that everything is tied to your ACCOUNT NAME and you can't hide behind alt characters and fake names. With a game like Crowfall at least you know who the idiots are and can get some revenge if you want.

Games where you're thrown into matchmaking with names you don't recognize and will never see again are a recipe for toxicity. 

As someone who is in the top 1% in hate whispers and general chat trash talk I can assure you the Crowfall community is quite good tbh. The question is how much the community will degrade when all the normies get here.

Edited by ZYBAK