Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I got this game roughly 8 months ago from watching a streamer. The game looked interesting as it was described as a PvP mmo. The combat looked fun, somewhat new and all that good stuff so I decided to get it. Played probably 10-15 hours so far, found a guild and what not during that time. The game had 7-800 people playing. The more I got into it, the more I felt disconnected from the game. To me (this is only my opinion), there is 0 content after the starter area. I've played the campaign in a guild (mildly sized at the time) and just got my face wiped over and over by zergs, which is fine. But during a test phase, when you're trying to retain players that doesn't work. Last Oasis, was a dope game when it first released. And now its to the point where next to nobody places because of that. Having played 6.4, The world feels the exact same as it did 8 months ago, with more needs of having to have 20 people crafting, everyone taking certain skill trees to even get anywhere in the game and even then. I feel like we were no where. Mob's are meh, the stuff to do in the campaign is next to non existent.  Taking over cities is cool and what not, but for what reason? Nothing about this game is refreshing. Even being PvP focused, there still needs to be a ton of PvE content to engage the PvP. I called this a running simulator 8 months ago and it still feels the exact same with nobody even playing besides the die hard people. All ive seen for youtube advertisements was this game the last few months. I feel like that money should've went to hiring more people to expedite the content within the game. The base idea is nice, the execution has been awful. I only spent 45$ on this but at the end of the day it remains uninstalled, with 0 thoughts unless im browsing the steam store realizing there are no good games out there anymore so ill check back from time to time. I wish I would've been more reductant to buy it and still had my money. But since its said and done, im here for the long haul I guess. I hope you guys figure it out as we need games, 2019-2021 have been absolute ass for gaming.

Also an after thought on my post, The content of the game should've came first, then rebalancing and adding. You have nothing to rebalance when you have no players or content. No body minds bugs/glitches/ect when its a game in beta. Valheim is a perfect example, as I have 200 hours in it already, had my ups and downs but the content is there. It really does feel like there is no base game. Everything is all over the place with no end game.

Cheers.

I stopped playing because I got tired of the grind, the complexity of crafting, and it just got boring after a while.   I totally agree with you that everything is all over the place, and it's hard to comprehend esp. when you are a new player.

I may give this game a try again once it improves and launches, but as far as my experience here so far, I am not really that impressed anymore.   Although it is great that this game will be PVP focus, it doesn't immediately engage you in PVP unless you join a guild.    They should have implemented PVP join a que mode where all can just que to PVP and see how it goes, but NO you have to wait for schedules of sieges and things which I hardly couldn't join my guild due to real life and work.    I ask myself why can't we just PVP while we are here in game right now?   Why do I have to wait for a schedule or event that is later or in the future where I may not even attend?

My recommendation is to have a que PVP in place for those players to have a taste of PVP.   In addition, provide a bit more PVE content that will benefit your PVP outcome in the future.   Furthermore, the crafting and harvesting is another layer for grind work and to be honest, I'm not motivated enough to do all that. 

Hopefully things will be better in the future and if it does, I'll come back.   Till then, I'm just going to play my other games to fulfill the void.

Edited by Covergirl925

Your notwrong atm i log in cut tree get board log off. 
When dregs come out it will peobay be somewhat similiar with some open world Pvp but when the zergs come rolling around i probaly stop playing till they go away then try again when there small scale stuff.
Without a territory system and zergs running around there no reason to take a keep/castle sinc e zerg will just stake it once u build it up (Only 2 guilds realy have the numbers to compete with eachother but there on relativly friendly terms atm) so anyone else who takes a keep will loose it after 1st of 2nd seige timer from a guild from across the map.
Then most points for winning the campaign a third of which comes from owning a keep it seems so there no point realy putting in effort there to win the campaign cause its only realy between those 2 big alliances.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

The game was supposed to be PvP focused but I spend most of my time preparing for PvP (harvesting grind, crafting grind, gold grind). The wipes happen too often at this point to waste too much time doing something that isn't fun (grinding discs). 

Shocked I didn't get flamed, I tried to put my opinion in the most respectful way I could. Like I said, I love the concept and I understand the dev team isn't the biggest. I watch YouTube videos regularly of people covering up and coming MMO's, this game rarely gets mentioned and when it does, the consensus is the scope of the game isn't that big. There's no substance, no content that's fun. It's supposed to be PvP based but 99% of this game is crafting. Which is fine, but when you gotta grind crafting but not levels makes no sense. Small things like random world boss spawns, daily world events, limiting the amount of people allowed in an area while doing certain things, more things to do besides running pigs. Campaign quests you can do with your friends. But even then, with all that said, you're just going to end up getting zerged. I started playing ESO again last week to scratch my mmo itch. Its definitely a grind but its straight forward, the mass PVE stuff there is to do is rewarding, but also has PvP. Nothing in the PvP world here is truly rewarding, and the stuff in PvE is the same. It's just running back and forth. With New World and AoC on the horizon, they're running out of time. I definitely hope they figure it out and it's extremely soon. If not it may be time to throw in the towel as this game isn't going to be on anyone's minds once those 2 games release. All my friends have this game, but we also have those games pre ordered as well. I wish nothing but the best since I "backed" this but its been 8 months since my purchase and the only changes I've seen are balancing. Id would've rather had a buggy, unbalanced, content filled game. 

Best of luck though. Ill be checking back in another month or two to see if anything has changed.

24 minutes ago, Haggy said:

Best of luck though. Ill be checking back in another month or two to see if anything has changed.

Since this post is only 24 min old, I would advise you watch their Q&A from 2 hours ago. It did have a nice roadmap.

I've watched a few of them, not to be rude. But I could care less about a Q & A. I want to see things not hear about them. I can tell you I'm going to hit the lottery doesn't mean I will. Most developers that go dark during this time receive more praise when they finally do release something instead of making promises showing they were more focused on giving us something we wanted or needed instead of just constantly talking about it. They know what people want, skins and other cosmetic things should be this games last worry. Not in the "mid" section. No content, no game.

1 hour ago, Haggy said:

They know what people want, skins and other cosmetic things should be this games last worry. Not in the "mid" section. No content, no game.

The 'mid' section is after launch to be fair. I would think many of that section should be before launch, but whatever.

I'm starting to see a trend where players who have invested in this game for a year or more are committed, and it's great that they feel this game will give him a great future ahead, but I'm sensing most us new players are not feeling the same.   The Q&A and road maps do sound promising, but you have to give new players a "tangible" feel to like this game and stay.    They really should implement PVP now where new player can get right into it and experience it.   It doesn't have to be a complex thing, just copy any MMO that had PVP.  Join que, boom, PVP.   However, the culture here seems to be PVE, Craft, Harvest, join a guild to PVP based on a PVP schedule.    Drop the schedule and implement something for NOW when players are logged in.

1 hour ago, Covergirl925 said:

They really should implement PVP now where new player can get right into it and experience it.   It doesn't have to be a complex thing, just copy any MMO that had PVP.  Join que, boom, PVP.  

Like the Hunger Dome that they just talked about in the Q&A today?

IhhQKY6.gif

There is a fundamental problem I see with this game. There is nothing for the morning NA player to do that is exciting. You do not get the fun of the nightly sieges on  keeps and forts, all you get to do is harvest resources, craft, stand in circles, and maybe some random PVP while harvesting. What exactly is the draw for people that play in the morning time? Not everyone plays at night, some actually play during the day, what is the plan to make them want to play this game ? Because the few things there are to do during the daytime are not even close enough to make any type of a draw. You might as well shut the game down 18 hours a day and just open it up during the siege / fort windows for excitement. Hunger Dome is not the answer.

Artboardweps.png

49 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

There is a fundamental problem I see with this game. There is nothing for the morning NA player to do that is exciting. You do not get the fun of the nightly sieges on  keeps and forts, all you get to do is harvest resources, craft, stand in circles, and maybe some random PVP while harvesting. What exactly is the draw for people that play in the morning time? Not everyone plays at night, some actually play during the day, what is the plan to make them want to play this game ? Because the few things there are to do during the daytime are not even close enough to make any type of a draw. You might as well shut the game down 18 hours a day and just open it up during the siege / fort windows for excitement. Hunger Dome is not the answer.

What causes you to say that HD is not the answer?

macdeath_sig.png

9 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

What is the point of HD ? you can get some rewards I guess, but is that enough to sustain ppl all morning? Its not meaningful. The excitement is the risk vs reward. where is the real risk ? Taking forts or keeps has meaning in dregs, HD doesn't. HD will be the new flavor and ppl will play it for its new, but it will not sustain. Territory control points in dregs gives ppl stuff to do that has a meaning in dregs where you can get rewards worth a dam.

Artboardweps.png

3 hours ago, MacDeath said:

Why would it be?

Didn't hear anything that HD would provide to the MMO during non-siege hours.

1 hour ago, APE said:

Didn't hear anything that HD would provide to the MMO during non-siege hours.

I think it will be very similar to black deserts' shadow arena. Pearl abyss ended up removing it from the mmo shortly after adding it. While I am unsure the exact reasoning, I am sure being popular enough to sell on its own was a big one. There was disruptions in-game after they added it though, the 2 big ones were that all the grinders went there and had a better ROR sitting afk while the bots played(economies were not separate). The other big issue was that it was quite enjoyable if you could avoid the hackers/afker's/bots so it also reduced the effective player base. End result was quickly ripped back out of game, packaged and sold separately. 

HD is a good start and perhaps it may draw new players to get a taste of PvP here.   I do agree that it's not the answer to make this game ideally great, but it's a step in the right direction and I will give it a try and open to it.   I did not hear more of the Q&A so when is that going to be implemented?