Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warstory: Joint Operation Against the Earth Faction (Siege!)


Recommended Posts

The two largest player coalitions in Crowfall, Dissentient (SUN) and Death (MOON), forge a battlefield alliance to capture Bron Castle held by Winterblades (EARTH) led forces.

Over a 150 players are involved in the siege against the heavily outnumbered defenders. Dissentient (and their sub-guilds HAX, YBR, Acolytes, Bear) anchored and coordinated the fighting with Death (and their subguilds and allies UDL, SIN, MWH, TB, Corvus) to utilize the significant construction defects in the new Castle parcel walls left in the design plans by ACE Construction. The three small breaches created a difficult defense for Winterblades and their allies House of Avari, Vanguard, and Unparalleled outnumbered over two to one. While the breaches were narrow, they could not be sealed and the outnumbered defenders were always at risk of flanking forces. Dissentient-Death leadership did and admirable job of avoiding friendly fire amongst the 100+ fighters on the field between the two alliances in the close confines of the castle.

While clearly faulty design work went into the walls the, the respawn statue was overengineered survived even the sea of fighters from Dissentient and Death. Winterblades and their allies were able to re-rally and change strategies by rushing the bane trees sapping the life force from the citadel's tree of life.

The siege came down to a close victory for Winterblades and Earth with the last bane tree falling with only 15% health remaining on the Citadel's tree of life.

Good fights to all involved and a great result for Crowfall in advance of the next dregs campaigns. See you all on the field in the next one.

 

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The two largest player coalitions in Crowfall, Dissentient (SUN) and Death (MOON), forge a battlefield alliance to capture Bron Castle held by Winterblades (EARTH) led forces. Over a 150 players

Music taste is subjective. I will be completely honest here. I am only speaking for myself and those in my guild when I say we laugh often on how insecure some of you behave in Winterblades. Winterbla

It's the only way to cap outposts that have been claimed by an ally.

This is FAKE news.  Video doesn't show them getting face smashed many times.  Fun fight, but anyone can make a video of only their success.  True fighters will share their defeats also.  Just so funny that most of the video is Sun vs Earth.  Tell the true war story.  It was a hard fought battle and you won, but it wasn't so easy.  Your video is . . . not factual, clipped to hell, and only shows clips of Earth pushing.  Where is the clip telling how your wards were dead cause you could not keep death out of castle?  Or clips were death just wiping Earth and was hunting everyone down till Earth rez'd and regrouped?  Good stories share the struggle, defeats, and Victory not just the fairytale version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarnHippy said:

Video doesn't show them getting face smashed many times. 

I died three times that night. So not sure what you mean we only show victories...You can watch me die all 3 times at:
- 6:05
- 7:40
- 12:45

 

3 hours ago, DarnHippy said:

Your video is . . . not factual, clipped to hell, and only shows clips of Earth pushing.

The raw video file is 55 mins long. Yes it is clipped to get it down to a still barely watchable 20 mins. Can't think of many raw file YouTube videos out there lol. That said, we really only cut out when there was no action or repositioning type stuff etc.

 

3 hours ago, DarnHippy said:

Where is the clip telling how your wards were dead cause you could not keep death out of castle

umm... from 7:55 - 8:37 ??? Pretty sure that's me outside the castle killing a bane tree where you can clearly see on the UI we are at half our wards up and then again where all wards are dead and we are kill racing the last bane tree against the keep's tree. Not sure what more you want here?


But yea, I feel like maybe you need to go re-watch the video in it's entirety. It definitely shows people on our side dying, myself included. Us being pushed back and not always on the offensive. It also is a majority of the time Earth vs. Moon and not Earth vs. Sun like you mentioned. It shows us having to go for the bane tree and our wards down. Basically it just shows everything you are claiming it doesn't. :)

GF though none the less. Was a fun siege and looking forward to more.

Edited by Arc_X
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barab said:

 

Fun fight but let's be honest if the res statue was destroyable the outcome would be different. 

 

If there wasn't holes in the wall I could use that same line of thinking. Use ur noggin. both sides used flaws in game design

Edited by Blunt
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Blunt said:

If there wasn't holes in the wall I could use that same line of thinking. Use ur noggin. both sides used flaws in game design

I trade you closed walls for a destructible res statue. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barab said:

Fun fight but let's be honest if the res statue was destroyable the outcome would be different. 

 

Entirely possible, maybe even likely.  Between the two largest alliances in the game, LoD/Death and DIS had a lot of people to send at the res statue. 

Flip side, if the walls had to be sieged, defenders could have sallied and tried to destroy Death or DIS individually without instantly losing the castle.  It wouldnt be the first time that Death has brought the server against W, but still lost because we were able to pick off one or two guilds at a time before they could all rally and converge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

Entirely possible, maybe even likely.  Between the two largest alliances in the game, LoD/Death and DIS had a lot of people to send at the res statue. 

Flip side, if the walls had to be sieged, defenders could have sallied and tried to destroy Death or DIS individually without instantly losing the castle.  It wouldnt be the first time that Death has brought the server against W, but still lost because we were able to pick off one or two guilds at a time before they could all rally and converge. 

No doubt Earth did a great job of rallying saturday night.  Not sure I remember Death ever bringing anyone outside our alliance by design to fight WB or any other guild.  Often other guilds show up, because let's face it no one needs to be convinced to attack Winterblades and friends, but by no means was it by design as the results show. I guess there was the one time we, as in most of the server, all arrived to defend Dis's keep verses the Winterblade attack but that was via an invite to come help.  

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barab said:

  Not sure I remember Death ever bringing anyone outside our alliance by design to fight WB or any other guild.  

Memory is faulty like that.  Or perhaps your definition of "Death Alliance" includes Corvus Citadel, who often answer the call to rally with Death.  To be fair as at least CC admits they show up for Death siege calls, so they are perhaps de facto "Death Alliance".

Some examples to refresh the recollection:

Leaving this one as a thumbnail because Vicid's music choice is great.

 

https://youtu.be/RPK1UbfmghE?t=1104

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CuSH3NlP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HupR6E0HWSc 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Memory is faulty like that.  Or perhaps your definition of "Death Alliance" includes Corvus Citadel, who often answer the call to rally with Death.  To be fair as at least CC admits they show up for Death siege calls, so they are perhaps de facto "Death Alliance".

Some examples to refresh the recollection:

Leaving this one as a thumbnail because Vicid's music choice is great. 

Music taste is subjective. I will be completely honest here. I am only speaking for myself and those in my guild when I say we laugh often on how insecure some of you behave in Winterblades. Winterblades has had great success on the field of battle over the years in Crowfall, the organization should be applauded, and contributed greatly to testing over the years in Crowfall but the constant finger pointing , the constant excuse making, the talking down to other testers via the forum and CF discord,  and the inability to even acknowledge that we are all here to have fun, to test, and help Crowfall succeed, and that this is just a video game, not real life, just gets tiring over the years from some of you. 

So Corvus shows up during a fight. Good for them and anyone else who wants to fight ....who cares ?  Corvus seem like nice people. In no way, shape, or form would I or the people I tag with ever depend on Corvus or another guild for that matter for anything in terms of what is occuring in Crowfall testing.

 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barab said:

 

 I will be completely honest here. I am only speaking for myself and those in my guild when I say we laugh often on how insecure some of you behave in Winterblades. Winterblades has had great success on the field of battle over the years in Crowfall, the organization should be applauded, and contributed greatly to testing over the years in Crowfall but the constant finger pointing , the constant excuse making, the talking down to other testers via the forum and CF discord,  and the inability to even acknowledge that we are all here to have fun, to test, and help Crowfall succeed, and that this is just a video game, not real life, just gets tiring over the years from some of you. 

Pointing out errors of memory (or simple hypocrisy) is not an excuse.  I think you may be projecting a bit. 
 

Edited by Angelmar
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Pointing out errors of memory (or simple hypocrisy) is not an excuse.  I think you may be projecting a bit. 
 

Nice edit, just let it go....you might win the battle but you won't win the war.

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Barab said:

I am only speaking for myself and those in my guild when I say we laugh often on how insecure some of you behave in Winterblades. Winterblades has had great success on the field of battle over the years in Crowfall, the organization should be applauded, and contributed greatly to testing over the years in Crowfall but the constant finger pointing , the constant excuse making, the talking down to other testers via the forum and CF discord,  and the inability to even acknowledge that we are all here to have fun, to test, and help Crowfall succeed, and that this is just a video game, not real life, just gets tiring over the years from some of you. 

So Corvus shows up during a fight. Good for them and anyone else who wants to fight ....who cares ?  Corvus seem like nice people. In no way, shape, or form would I or the people I tag with ever depend on Corvus or another guild for that matter for anything in terms of what is occuring in Crowfall testing.

That is some hilarious hypocrisy. Look no further than the insecure reaction to this warstory from your alliance in this very thread. Finger pointing, excuse making, talking down to fellow testers, and an apparent inability to see that the point of the siege, and this warstory, was to have fun.

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jah said:

That is some hilarious hypocrisy. Look no further than the insecure reaction to this warstory from your alliance in this very thread. Finger pointing, excuse making, talking down to fellow testers, and an apparent inability to see that the point of the siege, and this warstory, was to have fun.

We all had fun. Listen, it's nothing personal to me but Winterblades constantly likes to toss shade at the Death Alliance whereas we do not ever think about Winterblades. It's always " well Death alliance did this, Death alliance did that, going back years" It's like we are all back in high school. Let just all move on.

Maybe if we are lucky enough post covid we can meet up at the Artcraft Pre Release party in Austin, and assuming any of you are of the legal drinking age, I can buy you a good glass of whiskey. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barab said:

Listen, it's nothing personal to me but Winterblades constantly likes to toss shade at the Death Alliance whereas we do not ever think about Winterblades.

Didn't you just say that your guild often laughs at the Winterblades, right in this thread? How do you do that without thinking about us? You throw a lot of shade at us, including blatantly in this thread, for someone who claims to not ever think about us.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jah said:

Didn't you just say that your guild often laughs at the Winterblades, right in this thread? How do you do that without thinking about us? You throw a lot of shade at us, including blatantly in this thread, for someone who claims to not ever think about us.

I said some of you we laugh at. Because let's face it some of the things some of you say and do are very laughable. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barab said:

I said some of you we laugh at. Because let's face it some of the things some of you say and do are very laughable. 

You don't see how that puts lie to your claim of never thinking about us, while further demonstrating your penchant for throwing shade at us?

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jah said:

You don't see how that puts lie to your claim of never thinking about us, while further demonstrating your penchant for throwing shade at us?

Christ, this is like Mike Tyson's punch out. After one level of Winterblade dribbble disappears the next one appears. Like I said above let it go, move on....Ive complimented Winterblades more than most and being honest isnt lying. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barab said:

Christ, this is like Mike Tyson's punch out. After one level of Winterblade dribbble disappears the next one appears. Like I said above let it go, move on....Ive complimented Winterblades more than most and being honest isnt lying. 

hqdefault.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...