Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Flies High in March!

17 minutes ago, Rev9 said:

I also prefer releasing the game when its finally in a good state.

When the game launch new Player will spawn:

- bad ui ( most player will thing "wtf is this", "where can i find this and that")

- Fps drops and poor optimized ( no comment at all )

- they will follow the first few quests ( when they found out how it works ) and then they will think " ok what can i do now?"

AND THEN: they will open the map and will think " ok what the custard is that?" they cant find anything.

if you dont know the game ( new players ) and open the map every map will look like the same LOL

and the poorly FvF Campain: start > go to portal > run full east > go portal > run full east > go portal > fvf starts

ah you want to sell something? "oh poorly made dergs, here we go again.."

You have to take new players by hand and show them what they can do. 

At least give them some Info in Menu where they can go and what they can do. 

dont get me wrong: 

i like the game i like the whole concept! The PvP is really nice ( after the around the world run ).

But you need to guide the new players:

Dont make it to complicated to join pvp arena. 

Please do a balance in factions:

E.G:

Earth: 20 Players    Sun: 20 Players    Moon: 15 Players

> joining FvF is only possible to Moon. ( this is really basic meaning )

Or maybe: When u create a Char you have to select one of the 3 factions

Factions with the most popularity are closed to create new ac%+@!$#?&*^

I was 2 weeks b4 F2P release Albilon:

This game is now 50% what Albilon was at releasing ( 2 weeks b4 F2P )

Dont get me wrong guys. keep going! i will still support the game and i will play it.

But i can see this issues when i showed my friend this game. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My personal opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are quite correct. This game is lacking so many tools that would make it newbie friendly. The game is very guild focused and yet there is no default starter guild(s) and no in-game tools to find a player managed guild.  And on and on, Too many expected systems are missing. How about a minimap, customizable UI, VOIP, etc

Over the years, we've seen MANY people give the game a try and leave after a few hours or days. This game is complicated and off putting to many new players.

Mac

15 hours ago, MacDeath said:

IMO, the default builds are free and worth every penny of it! If anyone want's to do well in HD, they'll be in a organized guild, with paid MMO characters and in good voice comms.

I don't disagree and why I question what the goal is. If they are trying to reach out and pull in more players, requiring them to join a guild, use discord, pay for the game, etc then that likely will deter many folks.

eSport games are popular for numerous reasons but a major one is how accessible they are to anyone. HD is a nice side mode, but I doubt it will greatly increase the overall population anymore then not having it. If someone doesn't enjoy or isn't willing to play Campaigns, I don't see them investing too much in HD specifically because it likely has most of the same requirements the Campaigns do and the same issues they have as well, just in a instanced mini version.

11 hours ago, MacDeath said:

This game is lacking so many tools that would make it newbie friendly.

Over the years, we've seen MANY people give the game a try and leave after a few hours or days. This game is complicated and off putting to many new players.

It's like the looked at what makes other games accessible and easy to get into and decided to skip that or do the opposite without any design reasoning. I understand if it is lack of resources and priorities spread thin, but a modern game shouldn't be like this. I would understand if the game was actually deep/complex as they try to market it as (character design, crafting, economy) but it simply isn't.

15 minutes ago, APE said:

I don't disagree and why I question what the goal is. If they are trying to reach out and pull in more players, requiring them to join a guild, use discord, pay for the game, etc then that likely will deter many folks.

Perhaps someone requested more battle royale with their artisan? This was unexpected and I wonder what other systems will suffer in order to fit this in before launch... 

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Perhaps someone requested more battle royale with their artisan? This was unexpected and I wonder what other systems will suffer in order to fit this in before launch... 

It honestly just hit me, but there is something potentially cool out of this system. As we know this will store your items away from your character while you are in the match I wonder if they could expand that functionality to all campaigns so that each one has it's own inventory for your character. That way exporting and importing could work via the account vault and you would lessen some of the social restrictions locking characters to campaigns imposes on the game. 

On 3/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, APE said:

I will be truly amazed if this game hits 10k concurrent. 100k concurrent is very unlikely.

Albion took years to get to 100k+ daily users with an estimated 2+ million total users.

Do they plan on having 50k EK running? Must of missed them changing them from having an uptime limit without someone playing on them.

I don't know the cost of servers or any of that, but unless F2P players (assuming HD is F2P) are paying for something, they are only costing ACE.

Most MOBAs and similar games operate on cosmetics and hero cost. DOTA2 is F2P with all heroes free and cosmetics/fluff to buy. League and others cost hundreds to unlock all heroes along with cosmetics.

Big difference is HD/Crowfall doesn't appear to have the art team to pump out cosmetics now or in the future. If they manage to get that production line going eventually, probably wouldn't be for a good while post launch.

As you mention paying $50 would be much more cost effective then >3 months of VIP or nickel dime paying for 1 hero or rather 1 build looking at how Crowfall works. Which is fine for getting a pump of revenue early on, but without on-going things to buy and the usual spike/bleed of players at launch, I'm not sure how well this will sustain long term.

Having a BR mode doesn't magically print money. Popular BR/MOBA or whatever game usually have a certain degree of polish and completeness to them. Crowfall the MMO is not there and I don't see how people will find Hunger Dome worth $50 compared to games they probably already own that likely offer plenty of instanced PVP formats (KOTH, Siege, CTF, Elimination, etc).

Can only speculate until ACE gives more details, but IMO it is going to take a lot for HD or Crowfall MMO to do well if they launch this year with the provided short term goals completed or not.

How is that fair?

Players can pay to have better stats. 

Considering the low skill ceiling in this game, having a stat advantage or even custom loadouts isn't a non factor.

Can't wait to see the default builds they provide. My guess is all in on bleeds. 😄

EK upkeep will have to happen or else how will anyone ever go to someone elses EK. It may not be 24/7 but if it is up for 1-2 hours after your character or someone else character has been to your EK that will end up with a lot of EK being up 24/7 if they do the purpose of acting as players stores like they original intended to be. 

Better stats. No, my understanding is the skill points are the same but you just got to ability to allocate them how you want rather than how the devs made the preset character for you. It's not like a paying player would have (100 or whatever arbitrary number) additional stats / skill points they just might be built in a more correct way to how you want to play or think is correct.

The focus can be turned to selling skins already in the game, or added characters for HD like 2-3 extra preset characters as a perm sale or something like that. They can also sell perm characters in HD so if you find a preset you like you can buy it for say $5 to always be available or so. There is a lot of different ways they can spin money off a F2P HD with them trying to push you into buying the $50 crowfall base mmorpg game IMO. Special color for names could also be sold or special icons/emotes think the stuff reddit sells.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

It does seem that this current version lacks any hype or excitement around it and there is a big LUL period. I would hope the HD version brings back in a lot of players to the game. I know i want to test out the HD so that's +1player for someone who hasn't logged in for like 4 months or so.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

3 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

EK upkeep will have to happen or else how will anyone ever go to someone elses EK. It may not be 24/7 but if it is up for 1-2 hours after your character or someone else character has been to your EK that will end up with a lot of EK being up 24/7 if they do the purpose of acting as players stores like they original intended to be. 

If running EKs is genuinely this much of a problem for them post release then I really do not see the game surviving. Dozens of MMOs have instanced housing in a similar vein, but very few rely on it for persistent progression. If an EK cannot be accessible to all players 24/7 the feature is kinda useless. What would be the point of running a marketplace if it shuts down soon as people leave? Not to mention the huge disadvantage that would give to smaller groups and new players trying to break into it. 

3 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

The focus can be turned to selling skins already in the game

What skins? The repurposed enemy models for the genuinely dreadful mount system? The lowkey pay to win parcels and buildings? At the pace they have been going at, with the lacklustre variety of art assets on display I'd be honestly surprised if they were capable of supporting the development of new skins while maintaining development of crucial gameplay features. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, Zastier said:

It honestly just hit me, but there is something potentially cool out of this system. As we know this will store your items away from your character while you are in the match I wonder if they could expand that functionality to all campaigns so that each one has it's own inventory for your character. That way exporting and importing could work via the account vault and you would lessen some of the social restrictions locking characters to campaigns imposes on the game. 

I'm not sure if they given any further details beyond the last Q&A, but it seemed like it would be similar to how Live and Test servers work or worked. Live characters are copied to Test be it with inventory or not. Essentially having two versions of the same character.

If you swapped a Disc on your Live character or upgraded your vessel, I'm guessing it wouldn't update your HD version. You'd need to copy over the new updated version to HD.

Anything is possible though, but copy/paste seems like the easiest to implement and manage.

4 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

That's a big if they do one of the main purposes EK are supposed to support. As is, I can't see but a few larger EK being trading hubs regardless of up time.

No idea how it will work at launch or beyond, but looking at what has been available and what I've heard, it doesn't appear that 24/7 EK will be a thing. Maybe VIP players could allow anyone to open their EK so they could maintain a 24/7 market?

Better stats. No, my understanding is the skill points are the same but you just got to ability to allocate them how you want rather than how the devs made the preset character for you. It's not like a paying player would have (100 or whatever arbitrary number) additional stats / skill points they just might be built in a more correct way to how you want to play or think is correct.

Someone can bring in a Legendary lvl 35 vessel into HD while lvl 30 vessels will be provided.

Higher the quality vessel, the more stats they have.

So yes a paying player would have whatever stat advantage if they chose to play the MMO and upgrade a character. Along with choosing talents/disc that obviously allow more unique builds be it for more stats, powers, passives, etc. 

Sounded like the provided HD characters would be straight forward "easy mode" options to keep it simple for those new or that just want to play a particular role or class.

They specifically said that a stat difference is intended to basically encourage players to venture into the MMO and invest time into custom characters. HD gear is supposed to close the stat gap but won't know until it is available.

The focus can be turned to selling skins already in the game, or added characters for HD like 2-3 extra preset characters as a perm sale or something like that. They can also sell perm characters in HD so if you find a preset you like you can buy it for say $5 to always be available or so. There is a lot of different ways they can spin money off a F2P HD with them trying to push you into buying the $50 crowfall base mmorpg game IMO. Special color for names could also be sold or special icons/emotes think the stuff reddit sells.

They can sell anything if people are willing to buy it.

Regardless of offering 20 outfits for an Elf Archer, the actual game design, performance, accessibility are more important, IMO. People aren't likely going to fork over hundreds on cosmetics for a messy experience. At least I wouldn't.

If Crowfall was super polished, had great performance, things were decently balanced, had all the standard eSport competitive features and fluff that'd be one thing. Can't really compare what it is to other popular titles that pretty much nail it across the board where people are throwing money at the screen.

Too many boxes are unchecked for this one.

Don't believe they've mentioned anything about F2P so doesn't really matter atm. Everyone will have to pay for the game to play HD or MMO. Which seems counterproductive considering how other games/genres work that are like HD.

9 hours ago, APE said:

Don't believe they've mentioned anything about F2P so doesn't really matter atm. Everyone will have to pay for the game to play HD or MMO. Which seems counterproductive considering how other games/genres work that are like HD.

Its almost like HD will just be another campaign ruleset. I am sure some folks playing crowfall will enjoy this mode which will reduce interaction in other parts of the game. I have to agree with the other poster, this will be going F2P to draw playerbase, otherwise its not feasible.

59 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Its almost like HD will just be another campaign ruleset. I am sure some folks playing crowfall will enjoy this mode which will reduce interaction in other parts of the game. I have to agree with the other poster, this will be going F2P to draw playerbase, otherwise its not feasible.

My guess is they'll try to get as many copies sold as they can then F2P will follow but without the typical F2P things in place, I don't see how it will be any more feasible. Big difference between a game like ESO going F2P and Crowfall or specifically HD going F2P. Maybe they have a lot being cooked up, but considering they gave the roadmap for a good while past launch, would be a complete hidden plan at this point.

2 hours ago, APE said:

My guess is they'll try to get as many copies sold as they can then F2P will follow but without the typical F2P things in place, I don't see how it will be any more feasible. Big difference between a game like ESO going F2P and Crowfall or specifically HD going F2P. Maybe they have a lot being cooked up, but considering they gave the roadmap for a good while past launch, would be a complete hidden plan at this point.

They havent really shown us their monetization. Well, a few things, but barely scratched the surface. I find it hard to believe that we are launching F2P for the main game having such little monetization in place this close to launch. I also find it hard to believe HD will bring in bunch of players if they have to pay and interact with main game to get gain HD advantages. How ace will address this issue is beyond me. Perhaps there is a reason other companies moved to packaging it as separate revenue source. Hmmm, it could be that is the plan, others have used their mmo game resources to do this. 

40 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

How ace will address this issue is beyond me. 

This isn't my field so maybe I'm not seeing the financial potential, but as a consumer, I have zero interest in giving them anymore money be it for skins, emotes, or whatever else. Granted I do already own the game, but I wouldn't pay $50 for HD at this point. While there are plenty of F2P games I'd gladly pay $50 for just to play the game, not including cosmetic fluff that I try not to buy but usually end up forking over a bit over time.

I could simply not be the demographic they are going after now or in the future, but def leaves me wondering how they see this working out. Easy to play armchair know it all, but it doesn't add up for me. Hard not to come to a particular conclusion seeing how so many games have turned out over the years.

3 hours ago, APE said:

Granted I do already own the game, but I wouldn't pay $50 for HD at this point.

Not many people would pay 50$ for this hunger dome. There are plenty of F2P or cheaper B2P games that are better. 6 years ago when crowfall was a hunger dome, it was fine, but now there are just so many titles. Ace had to launch in 2020, now their only hope is to get another PPP grant and stay in development till 2022.

Edited by mystafyi

11 hours ago, mystafyi said:

But it doesn't give you rewards unlike other campaign rulesets. What it sounds like is HD is THE GAME, while the MMO is the side progression you have to play to get good at THE GAME. Why would someone who enjoys the MMO (as in the grind, large scale fights, sieges, territory control, missions, crafting etc etc) want to move over to an arena mode? And why would someone who enjoys the arena mode want to grind, trade, conquer whatever to get better at the arena mode? If the arena mode acted as a simplified version of the game in which you could test out builds and learn the game in, then I could maybe see it.

If during the course of the game, you could pick between different skills on a simplified version of the skill tree (think abilities only, no stat bundles for example), you could then build your character dynamically to suit equipment and discs you find out, experiment with builds as you do and have a reason for an MMO player to enjoy it. At that point HD could act as both an extra game mode and a good way for new players to experiment. 

1 hour ago, Zastier said:

Why would someone who enjoys the MMO (as in the grind, large scale fights, sieges, territory control, missions, crafting etc etc) want to move over to an arena mode?

Depends on what can be exported and what the rewards in HD are. 

7 hours ago, Zastier said:

But it doesn't give you rewards unlike other campaign rulesets. What it sounds like is HD is THE GAME, while the MMO is the side progression you have to play to get good at THE GAME. Why would someone who enjoys the MMO (as in the grind, large scale fights, sieges, territory control, missions, crafting etc etc) want to move over to an arena mode? And why would someone who enjoys the arena mode want to grind, trade, conquer whatever to get better at the arena mode? If the arena mode acted as a simplified version of the game in which you could test out builds and learn the game in, then I could maybe see it.

If during the course of the game, you could pick between different skills on a simplified version of the skill tree (think abilities only, no stat bundles for example), you could then build your character dynamically to suit equipment and discs you find out, experiment with builds as you do and have a reason for an MMO player to enjoy it. At that point HD could act as both an extra game mode and a good way for new players to experiment. 

I can see myself participating in both HD and Dregs, Dregs isn't always available, or fun outside of the siege windows, so something to do between sieges.  And, even though we don't take our armor & weapons from the MMO environment to the HD environment, we do take our disc & stats, no? A group of 35s in voice comm are gonna cleanup over a bunch of level 30s in a PUG.

Mac

16 hours ago, MacDeath said:

I can see myself participating in both HD and Dregs, Dregs isn't always available, or fun outside of the siege windows, so something to do between sieges.  And, even though we don't take our armor & weapons from the MMO environment to the HD environment, we do take our disc & stats, no? A group of 35s in voice comm are gonna cleanup over a bunch of level 30s in a PUG.

It doesn't fix the problem though. You're doing it because there's nothing else to do, not strictly because it is the content you want to do. If there was content in campaigns at all times would you want to spend this time in HD? 

7 minutes ago, Zastier said:

It doesn't fix the problem though. You're doing it because there's nothing else to do, not strictly because it is the content you want to do. If there was content in campaigns at all times would you want to spend this time in HD? 

No, if there were always dregs up, I'ld always be in dregs,

Mac

10 minutes ago, Zastier said:

I'd probably play some Hunger Dome for variety some of the time, even with plenty to do in Dregs. Especially when what you want is some reliably quick PvP, since open world sandboxes don't tend to provide that.

IhhQKY6.gif