Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update 6.500 - Community Top Likes and Dislikes Feedback

Hello Crows! 

It's time for a new Top 5 likes and dislikes feedback thread.  6.500 has many changes, and some that were requested in the last Feedback threads.  We also had a live stream with a road map, which you can view here.  Please keep conversations out of this thread and feel free to create your own discussion about another response on the GD forum (seriously, it helps me go through the information easier). 

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please ) about 6.500 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about  (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

What 3 features excite you about our last Live Stream?

•  
  •  
  •  

What are you not happy about with our last Live Stream?

•  
  •  
  •  

Feedback for Tiggs on how I can help you or the community more, or things you'd like to see happening from me? 

•  

hanks for helping out with these feedback threads, we all greatly appreciate you taking the time out to help us understand your thoughts about the game! If you have something you'd like to see focused on in these threads feel free to let me know! 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

On 3/5/2021 at 11:16 PM, ACE-Tiggs said:

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please ) about 6.500 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

• Bleed stacking - this opens up more combos
  •  
  • Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.500 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 
  • The Radical nerf just isn't enough. Ive always tried to make the attack cleric to work even before Radicals were even in the game. Once they came into play i made one every update to test it compared to other dps classes so for me saying this isn't just because i kept getting rolled by them, i've known how good they are for quite a while now. The changes i would consider would be to change them to fire damage only since since it would fit into the lore a bit more, they lost the right to holy damage as they dropped being a healer. This change would still make them viable but players can at least negate their damage and that's why they are so powerful.  Crusaders and Arbiters should be the ones who can do the holy damage as they are still considered holy members of the covenant.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  Hunderdome - although im a bit concerned if it will take players away from the main game. 
  •  
  •  

•  I think a few things on the long term roadmap should be considered for the short term - Biomes to make the game look better would help alot, the game world looks bland and if you played New World you will know how good their environment is! Even games like Valheim has a better looking environment than Crowfall. The other is guild and alliance caps, this really needs to be sorted before launch, messing around with caps after launch would probably cause alot of problems and talking about guilds, this game needs an ingame ui! Every game ive beta/alpha tested had one in place really early on!
  •  
  •  

Feedback for Tiggs on how I can help you or the community more, or things you'd like to see happening from me? 

•  

hanks for helping out with these feedback threads, we all greatly appreciate you taking the time out to help us understand your thoughts about the game! If you have something you'd like to see focused on in these threads feel free to let me know! 

Edited by Fefner

Top 5 likes and why (be brief please ) about 6.500 on TEST (things you feel we're doing great on for TEST only). 

• Encouraging to see the big list of good fixes and improvements in the patch notes. It's really great to see steady forward progress at the accelerated cadence.
  • Really like the dodge pip change.
  • Like the no recall with building materials change.
  • Appreciate the bleed changes. Will have to see how it works in practice.
  • So much good stuff in the changelog...

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.500 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

• Infected NPE seems to be confusing new players. People are having trouble understanding why and how they go to a new world. Once in infected they don't seem to get that they can and should grind mobs at the PvE camps to level. The NPE books should be located at objectives to give players a visual.
  • Traveling through infected zones is a pain. Suggest allowing players to release to crow form at a controlled respawn statue for a form of swift-travel.
  • The game still falls off a cliff to me once I hit 30. The grind is just too much, and it's hard for new players to get engaged in fun and meaningful ways. More needs to be done to bridge players into the campaign worlds and get (and keep) them engaged. Hopefully fixing advancement, and adding Shadow Rulesets and other softer campaign settings will help, but this warrants continued attention.
  • It still really bugs me that there aren't social UI tools in the game. Guild UI, Group UI, LFG. Even simple implementations of these tools seems absolutely critical. Many players demand these things, and if you tell them they have to /leavegroup they just laugh and quit immediately.
  • I haven't had much time to test this in 6.500, but recently exploration/gathering has felt like a brutal slog, especially at the low levels of advancement. Starting at plentiful harvest 1 for poor quality resources and low rank nodes seems sadistic. Is it possible to have plentiful harvest scale inversely with node rank so that early gathering feels more rewarding for low quality resources?

•  Hunger dome looks like a lot of fun. Hope it can co-exist with campaigns while offering a unique mode of play.
  •  Appreciate the sharing of the roadmap. This is a great first step to improving bidirectional communication on the state and progress of the game. Kudos.
  •  In addition to the critical things like fixing advancement and continued optimization. I'm Excited about handshake sieges, shadow ruleset, campaign updates (especially caravan revamp and parcel interactions). Making the strategy game deeper and more robust will be great.

•  Most common criticism (and this is by no means new criticism...) I hear when players hit 30 is: "Game is boring", "Game feels empty", "There's no content", "Game isn't fun". The mantra "Players are our content" is not sufficient. This NEEDS to be the biggest priority after fixing advancement, and optimization. Print it on a banner, hang it in the (virtual) office space: "Make Crowfall Fun Again." Campaign worlds need to feel like there are constantly activities to engage in at all times, for all sizes of groups. The game needs to do more to facilitate and push players into conflict in fun and obvious ways. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't continue to ignore this criticism. Most things in the roadmap feel like "nice to haves", but, if this continues to go ignored, Crowfall will struggle to capture players. More work is needed to draw players into the campaign worlds and get them excited to participate. Then all the sandboxy PvP metagaming can happen, but only after sufficient scaffolding is in place.
  •  The roadmap comes off a bit like a grab bag of random stuff as opposed to a coherent strategy to improve an area of the game. Take the economic systems for example, buy orders and variable currency on vendors isn't a sufficient strategy to fix the economy. The presentation does not give me confidence that you guys are looking at the problems in a holistic way. I'd really like to see a 'deep dive' into parts of the game in future Live Streams: what do you think the problem areas are, ideas for addressing those problems, and why you think the solutions will improve the game. I think this kind of a discussion would help players understand the process more, and help us give you more valuable feedback.
  •  It seems like you guys are planning to build out to a more traditional MMORPG over time. I think this is the right answer, but I think this necessitates more focus on improving the PvE systems (granted within the framework of a contested PvP setting). There's so much potential here (including dungeons a la DAOC Darkness Falls), but the basics of the PvE mechanics need steady improvement. I think investment here will only make the world feel more enjoyable in totality. I hope this finds its way into the roadmap.

• There's a lot of great discussion that happens on these forums, and some of us put a lot of thought into posting. At times, it can feel hard to find the needle in the haystack of your typical forum sniping, but anything you can do to highlight the good stuff and bring it to the attention of the devs and community would be appreciated. Maybe this is a future segment of a Live Stream where some hot topic that's debated in the forums gets some comment from the team.

EDIT: I wanted to try to explain the first bullet under live stream dislikes a little more... Do I think things like handshake sieges, free building in dregs, parcel-to-parcel interactions, and new rulesets are likely to make campaigns better? Sure. Vets are clamoring for these things. Does any of it matter, though, if 90% of players quit before they even see a siege?

Edited by Pystkeebler

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about 6.500 on TEST (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

• Holy damage still to strong main comps are radicals and a couple of templars you cannot outlast the damage even with two healers next to you
  • Why is the knight faster than a mount?
  • Still no UI changes its still clunky and gross
  • Eks should be at the back of the list when you log in not the first
  • Crafting needs major overhaul and complete improvement or game will die on release

On 3/7/2021 at 2:28 PM, Deathbreed said:

Why is the knight faster than a mount?

It's not. But 2 out of 126 possible race/class/promotion combos are. This is not a bad thing. Lets please not find everything that is fun, good, or unique and try normalize them all. 

aeei5jG.png

• FPS : i play in better quality with 5 more fps :D
  • outpost cap at 50% and fastest ( its more symetric )
  • hunger dome because it was fun 5 years ago and it will bring back people
  • hunger dome is fun ! I want it open 24/24 to play a quick game from time to time
  •  

•  Loot table for runes is still painfull ... Too much random, i have nothing against the grind, but ramdom is messy
  •  The gap between infected and Dregs is still too big, but hunger dome will mitigate a little
  •  still nothing on the dregs map outside the prime time for groups ( no fort for example )
  •  french translation of talent is a mess
  •  

•  taming
  •  breeding
  •  hunger dome

•  still no release date but it should be soon
  •  nothing about friend list
  •  Eks on the long term

• Having some Answer for Questions that have not been answered during the Q&A because it's frustating to ask multiple question and having only one response.

PS : i will update this post after testing the hunger dome
PPS : edited after testing hunger Dome

Edited by Aedius
edit after testing HD

• Infested quest markers : for the game to thrive the new players onboarding is a HUGE improvement that the game should do, this is a good (but really small) start

•  Radical nerf is a good start but I think it's not enough because the ultimate uptime remains very high and overall damage too. The issue with Radical is the combination of 2 things : the ease to deal damage (auto attack spam and full uptime due to ranged attack) + the amount of damage (high damage on multiple targets that you can't mitigate)
  • Wreckoning nerf is far from enough. It's still easy to AOE for 1K5/2K damage, and 3K+ with templar holy damage. We need something like an immunity to wreckoning for XX seconds when we are strike by this skill, otherwise it's still easy to cheese a team that will AOE oneshot.
  • Loot Protection will only give a 50% chance to lose items in the Dregs : as a small guild the threat on our crafter is too high, this update favors the big guilds/alliances that are able to farm AND to kill the other farmers at the same time with different teams. When you are not allowed into big alliances you are left behind a lot and this accentuates that fact. 

• Hunger Dome : as a small scale focused guild (5 man) we are eager to play this mode (and hope you will have a good system to manage lame team composition like stealth focused)

•  New players, guild onboarding and communication between players are not your top short-term priority and it should be for the game to succeed.

I know you want a brief feedback but I'll explain a game experience to demonstrate that fact and hope you read it :

I started a new character when the last batch of beta invitation was sent few days ago, thus I was around a lot of new players. They were mostly lost after the God Reach part, didn't know what to do, and maybe quest update to infested corrects that, but that's not the main pain point. When you are in a camp of mobs with other players and want to group with them, you need to get close and use the interaction with them... hoping they will remain stationary and not in combat... not practical at all. The 2nd option is /invite NAME, I'm not sure new players are aware of that command (and it's a pain with some names...). I could talk to them, say : Hello, want to party ? But .... You have 0 good way to communicate with a player standing in front of you. That's a major issue. You can send him a private message, you can use the /say chat, but as the chat is built this player will never read that. I don't mention the general/zone chat because it's not the good place and your message will most likely not be read by that specific player there.

I invited a couple of players though, and they accepted. I then used the group chat. Guess what, none of them saw my message. You have to Tab through chats to find the dedicated group chat (that will lock you from seeing other chats when you have this one open). New players don't know that, they can't know that, and even though you tell them it's not practical.

New players onboarding is key to success. You can have the best game in the world, if players are frustrated and don't understand it and/or can't communicate with others players, to my opinion it's doomed to failure.

Same goes with guild onboarding. Joining a guild is key to moving forward in the game, and the game doesnt explain how to do that. Obviously having an ingame interface for that would be much much better than having to go through the website.

• Interface/UI personalization should be top priority too
Edited by Minaor

• Move towards conquest feels good in dregs.
  • Happy that you guys at least acknowledge that the stealth meta/minigame is stale and boring.
  • Small QOL changes are nice
  • Effort is being put into balancing 
  • Actual road map with goals to track some semblance of progress.

•  There's still a high amount of what feels like knee jerk balancing going on that I feel like is going to hurt the game. Case in point moving wind of Warden but giving it nature which is actually a huge  buff and doesn't fix any problems with the class... (Warden player btw)
  •  Alpha damage is extremely overturned. The sheer dmg is can put out and the PDM make it a joke. It needs the dmg not the pdm on ult.
  •  Warden and archer need a pass. In ZvZ right now there is no a reason to pick archer. Warden is king. Remove trap master procs from traps pls and add 100ap back to archer only so it becomes a viable option. 
  •  Dirty fighter is insane. It needs a good hard look cause it is overpreforming.
  • Hunger dome will bring attention to the game but doesn't seem like it will be the small scale competitive game mode that I personally am looking for. Consider 2v2 or 5v5.

•  12th class
  •  Equipment only dregs
  •  Actual progress and insight into what is being done

•  No arenas or Bgs
    (For the most part it was pretty good)

• Pick out class leads from the community. Let us give direct feedback on what feels good or bad about our class. 

• Little things like the dodge regen cooldown animation
  • The VIP bonuses are hitting the right balance of desirable but not P2W
  • I like that balance tweaks are being done

• It's hard to tell what the standard of balance is or should be. Is it okay that some class/disc has some absurd amount of damage/sustain? If yes, why? If no, why not?
  • Hitscan combat system is frustrating - can't avoid damage by reacting to animations. "Dodge doesn't dodge", etc.
  • Stealth detection is too binary - as a stealther, if opponent has detection, there's almost nothing I can do to evade them. If they don't have detection, there's almost nothing they can do to find me.
  • As a control-spec, opponents' low-cost flash-cast ultimates make it impossible to ever stick a CC skill on them, even if I exhaust their stamina.
  • The game really needs guild/friend/social UI. Especially for Crowfall where it's much more important than most MMOs.

• Ability to jump right in and play the game via the new Hunger Dome will be amazing. I think it's just what this game needs. I see so many new players start the game and get bored after playing hours without any PvP, or get all the way to Infected only to give up because they are new and keep getting run over by 5+ experienced players. Hunger Dome should hopefully give players a taste of what's to come and some incentive to play the rest of the game. I'm excited for it.

•  If you don't have time to answer things on stream, that's fine. I'm sure players would also be happy with a quick text response to the skipped questions (eg. in the forum thread).

• If you could communicate specific areas to test, or questions that devs want answers to, that can help focus our feedback - not that you don't already do this, but if devs have specific queries like: "How does Alpha Warrior feel to play / play against? We want it to do X well and be vulnerable to Y. Is it succeeding?", it might help us respond better. Thanks!

• New DoT changes to ultimate abilities and bleed stacking should add another layer of depth to decisionmaking on a healer beyond simply pointing at the low model, as well as giving more of a place in combat for class variety in meta compositions. I'd like some more movement and abilities that open up playmaking chances on my healer still, but it seems like you guys are moving in a more fun direction with that lately with the Templar congregate shout and emphasizing situational abilities like Cleanse. Keep going with that stuff, healer should strive to have as close as possible mechanical depth as DPS to encourage players to pick it with pride and reward them similarly for dedication to improvement. 
  • Dodge change is nice, far more intuitive this way and just simpler all around to bring it in line with other cooldowns.

•  Greyed-out power bar slots that aren't flash-castable during other animations makes it a lot more difficult to track cooldowns when there's a lot on your plate or in the middle of big fights. I will get used to counting my CDs I'm sure eventually but the way it used to work where you can just glance down during cast animations or whatever to see if there's color filled in on the ability you want to cast next is just better Quality-of-Life-wise IMO and will appeal more to new players picking the game up. Not the end of the world or anything but I don't prefer the new change here.
  •  This one's mostly to do with Myrmidon, it's my favorite class and I can't be super brief, just warning ya, but please humor me. The addition of Spiked Shield to Knight ult while very cool for Knights kind of shoulders Myrm completely off the table if you're trying to build an optimal utility/debuff-heavy frontliner, which for a few patches now has been the only way to build a Myrmidon where it really offered a top-level PvP composition more than the other classes in the game. I think the buff for Knights is cool, don't get me wrong, but I find myself now wondering how I'm going to be able to justify playing my favorite class when my guild's back is to the wall and we really need to go all out to defend a siege. Flash-castable ults with much lower spirit power cost and lingering PDM during your disengages already make it far safer to play mail-wearing Knights and Champions than plate-wearing Battleragers in large scale for instance, and now it seems that they can stack more readily available debuffs as well. This is reflected in the playerbase. As far as Myrmidon players in Crowfall right now, there are maybe 3 or 4 of us who are really active and take it to forts and keep sieges at the top levels of competition, and more than half the time I find it hard not to just play my healer instead. The Freedom Fighter nerf compounds the issue of a 1000 SP ultimate that locks you in puddles for 3 seconds and does not offer enough in terms of damage or debuff to discourage people just walking into it to block your disengage out of those puddles. The class just needs a bit of love in terms of mobility/survivability when socks hit the fan and more differentiation between the specs to allow them to fill their roles more effectively; hitting your ultimate that doesn't have purpose other than mitigating damage shouldn't allow your opponents to stack even more damage on you essentially for free while still costing an arm and a leg in resources. The Battlerager changes make it seem like ACE is aware of this and trying to help it a little, but the real issue still lies in the awkwardness of trying to survive on the class in general in large scale (let alone apply meaningful pressure and damage amidst frontline Crowd Control) compared to what other classes that fit the same slot in comps can offer now, and I think a lot of that lies in a 1000 SP ult that doesn't add meaningful continued pressure or a safer disengage in fights, and actually helps your melee target get away from you in most cases. I often feel that when I'm forced to use my ult to keep myself alive that I'm not even halfway to finding a path to momentary safety yet, and for an ability that charges so slowly that you rarely get to cast two of them even in a big fight, that doesn't feel good.

•  I think Hunger Dome has the potential to bring a lot of excitement and new players to Crowfall
  •  Crafting changes to streamline reproducing blueprints/factories are amazing and were sorely needed
  •  Free building in Dregs will add a ton of character and atmosphere to the game worlds IMO, very excited for whenever that will hit

•  Loved this live stream to be honest. I know that in general opinions are mixed on expanding play modes, but I was a big fan of everything you guys showed us in March here, excited for the future of Crowfall.

• Keeping me in a steady stream of patch notes keeps me plenty happy, thanks Tiggs. Edit: Just read Communist_Puppy's idea on community leads for class feedback. I think that's a decent idea to be honest, those of us who play Myrm I know already talk to each other fairly often on streams and discord about the class and what's feeling good or bad on it. Think it could be useful to have more formalized feedback from the PvP community like that beyond us just ranting in random places when something bothers us. I know Rhea does a lot of talking to us directly already but this could be another useful avenue.
Edited by TommyTwoSocks

• ACE-Tiggs changed the title to Update 6.500 - Community Top Likes and Dislikes Feedback
On 3/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, ACE-Tiggs said:

• Alpha warrior buffs, i like melee being viable
  • radical nerfs, was too strong
  •  
  •  
  •  

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about  (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  hunger meter, does nothing but slow my gameplay
  •  no pvp ranks
  •  lackluster small man and solo objectives
  •  
  •  

hoayaga2.jpg

• i likes that we had it.
  • i didn't get far enough into it to complete this list.

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about  (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  i dislikes that you took it away from us.
  •  the riding of mounts looks / feels bad. when u jump ur movement is penalized now..certain mounts hover...etc..
  •  

•  hand shake seiges
  •  free building
  •  just seeing the road map, gave us an idea of the general direction ur takin the game 
  •  (unsure if u wanted feedback about the stream itself...or the info given)

• Not enough "Rhea time"

• i would like you to beat up (whoever) and get info about when the next dregs will go live by the time whatever CW we are in goes down and post it in the campaign world page. needing to run around and check multiple times a day feels bad.  even if its 2 or 3 weeks away, knowing when to be ready is important to the playerbase

Taking 6.5 down on Friday night means no weekend testing. I understand the reason it was taken down but why not fix the issue and bring it back up? Does the ACE dev staff refuse to fix issues on weekends? That MIGHT work during Beta but shouldn't they be migrating to a more post launch approach?

macdeath_sig.png

• I like the new leaderboard hotkey. Much more convenient than opening the map, though exiting cursor mode should also close the leaderboard
  • Bleeds stacking is nice
  • Wall fins, buttresses, and ramparts working are wonderful! Now if only panels could be placed on battlements....
  • Big parcels producing the correct outputs is good (Stonemasonry overall still needs work though...)
  • The VIP benefits are pretty neat. Nothing overtly P2W, IMO.

•  It's very tedious to switch between worlds. The game would feel sooo much better if there was a special portal connecting the different worlds and bands. You can still use the fancy lobby UI to give the feel of switching worlds, but the logging out to switch worlds is very non-obvious to noobs and tedious to vets
  •  The slow down when jumping feels bad. I don't like it.
  •  All the pvp activities are concentrated into a couple hours of the day. I think the easiest remedy is a pvp objective that opens every hour and that wartribe camps and forests/canyons/mountains would be the best candidates.
  •  Personal rewards being tied to your Guild and not your personal score
  •  Social interfaces are severely lacking. The in-game chat is the worse I've ever used in an MMO. No friends list. No Guild UI. No Guild Bank. No non-paid way to create guilds. What social interfaces we have are cumbersome slash commands. I hope and pray you guys are saving these things for last because they're easy to implement.

•  HUNGERDOME!!!
  •  Weapon Styles
  •  Discipline Items

•  Eternal Kingdoms being Long Term goals. If you want a functional player-driven economy at launch, then IMO, 2 things need to happend before launch. 1) Better EK visibility and categorization. Right now, every public EK shows up in the list, but only ones that are online should show. This de clutters the list and makes online EKs more distinguishable from offline ones. We also need categorization of EKs. At the very least, we need to differentiate market EKs from social hub and PvP EKs. And 2) Easier switching between EKs. If you're going to make people go through EKs to look at player vendors, going between EKs need to be much less tedious than it currently is. I think those are the 2 biggest issues holding back EKs as centers for player trading.
  •  No mention of advantages and disadvantages. I think those would be a really cool way to expand player customization, especially in conjunction with Attributes, Domains and Necromancy additives
  •  Parcel-to-Parcel communication being a Mid Term goal. This one, to me, feels like it'll pay greater dividends the sooner you do it. It's probably a very expensive task, but I think it'll be worth doing sooner rather than later

• I wish there was a way to know our feedback is being heard and considered, but there's probably no good way for that to happen

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

• 4 weeks later...

My top dislike from the most recent 6.510 patch: General chat was removed! And this was done just as a new wave of invites went out. It's difficult to give advice to the new players without some cross-faction / cross-zone chat channel.

macdeath_sig.png

• Combat Balancing - is going the right direction
  • UI

Top 5 Dislikes and why (be brief please) about  (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

•  Player Retention Rate
  •  Lack of playable content (HD and a 3 faction campaign would provide that
  • Lack of a HELP chat channel - expanded across all worlds. General chat is locked to World and New Player Questions remain unanswered giving them all a bad taste. If you want to help you actually have to login in that God's Reach 🤦‍♂️
Edited by Prometeu

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

this is important 

kill dregs as it is too exclusive for newer players, implement a combined NA EU shadows with keeps and forts in both timezones, allows the new players to side car with veterans without being forced to join a guild.

anything to keep people playing

HD wont solve retention alone.

• Character build options
  • Changes to retaliate and CC

Dislikes:

• Empty servers
  • How every class has so much CC
  • Balance changes that create new really OP broken stuff meta every other month

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned this topic
  • ACE-Tiggs pinned, locked and unpinned this topic