Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Isn't decay reduction on tools for vip a bit p2w?

I don't even care that its pay to win, and I have literally years of VIP as a result of KS purchases. I also don't think its particularly balance destroying. However I think the decay reductions are a bad move.

These decay reductions from VIP imply to the user that cutting that decay by 25% is not a balance problem and ACE is willing to make a worse game in order to sell VIP. This puts an instant sour taste in the mouth of anyone who encounters them.

This wouldn't be a big deal if the game was free to play. Players expect and understand that a certain degree of monetized annoyance is implicit in a free to play design in order for it to have revenue at all. However, you're already charging a box price on top of cosmetic microtransactions (which imply that the ingame cosmetic rewards are going to suck) in a type of game that by its nature already has a tough time drawing new users. The moment those users discover how fast they're going through tools compared to how much they need to use them it is going to leave a very poor taste in the mouth of someone who was already on the fence with a demo code, and its going to circulate among MMO news discussion already extremely skeptical of the game.

Hunger dome is a good way to provide a more accessible entry point. It is a great example of the kind of thing ACE should be doing to extend the reach of the PvP MMO to new markets without fundamentally changing its core design. The very existence of these kinds of buffs on top of the necessary and implied costs already present communicate a terrible message to any potential audience. Any time I see consumable "boosters" (which is exactly what this kind of buff equates to) it is an immediate red flag because I know the developer has purposely overtuned the grind in order to annoy me in to giving them more money. Doubly so if it is a competitive game. Fine if they're trying to get me to give them money in the first place, scummy if they're doing this after I've already given them money.

This is not the message you want to send to a potential player base already skeptical of the track record of pvp focused MMOs. It is a terrible way to retain players and has massive potential to lose your more money in box and cosmetic sales than it gains in VIP revenue. Its a bad look for a game that already looks bad to those outside its ecosystem.

The fact is that in a video game if you are selling a solution to a problem you first must create that problem, and your potential customers all know this. If the solution you are selling is "stuff lasts longer" players are going to blame you for needing that stuff to last longer in the first place, and be far more critical of how long that stuff lasts than they would have been had you not sold a solution to that invented problem.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

This wouldn't be a big deal if the game was free to play. 

Maybe there is a plan to launch with the game or hd being f2p? I have this impression that ace is trying to use the hd to drive interaction with the game from comments about getting better vessel/gear from the game to improve hd play. I am not sure how have one f2p and the other b2p would work, but bdo did try this sort of thing with an arena mode.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:12 AM, Aedius said:

it doesnt speed up harvesting as it just allow people to go to farm with 10 tools instead of 12.

it does speed however up tools crafting by ~15% less clic if everyone have VIP.

Less than that actually. Your number assumes every tool is usable.

The fact is when you craft tools, you throw piles of them away once you get into the better ones, because using sub par tools does impact time, and the minimal resources used make it totally pointless to waste dust on a re-roll vs spending mats which are trivial to acquire for another chance.

It's actually a much greater improvement on the durability, chance of success, and quality of tools by upgrading belts. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

6 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

The fact is that in a video game if you are selling a solution to a problem you first must create that problem, and your potential customers all know this.

This is my main issue with the mount durability and food regen. Both of those problems should not be in the game to begin with.

I don't mind the tool thing as much because you can get those stats in game through other means I believe.

aeei5jG.png

Hi! My name is bad as my taste for games dont judge me for this post.

Im noob but have been playing on test server to go trought some classes and most of proffesions, biggest bug i got yet is it rains inside buildings and crafting is a big bug in particular. I cant imagine how does gvg feel like running around all these empty-same-looking-open-world-maps. Also, menji pipl ask mi Nikkita vaj du ju du ju do.... Game becomes more P2progress-faster but noone even wants to play the gvg. MegaMFers want to bash other people in arenas, fast quee, no regrets. What was shown in HG with br style it can potentionaly bring a storm of people and if not all of them will only be interester in this not the boomer p2w running simulator like any other mmo. Also why the f s on them even more with 'gathering' bonus gear. Poor fs dont even stand a chance with their regular gear on. delete half of the game this post ripps your b   edit: post was too cruel;

Edited by BlyatMan55
edit: post was too cruel;

15 minutes ago, BlyatMan55 said:

edit: post was too cruel;

I think your editing has messed up your post. everything from this point is quite confusing. 

menji pipl ask mi Nikkita vaj du ju du ju do

Doesn't really matter what was said the real question is: Do people behind this game want to shower in money(potentialy loosing their dignity but who gives a f?) or do they want to scrap whats left on the bottom of the box? Ban me, for all i care is to see a single mmo that is played and loved by masses not some bunch of regulars. Grind the dome with blood if needed, take your time with polish, then it just needs a single spark