Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do YOU decide where / how to play Crowfall?

For me, my first choice is to have my main on Live in Dregs when Dregs is up. It's the only real place I can level past 32.

My second choice is to Test new stuff on Test server. ACE needs us to find bugs early on Test so we all can have a better experience when patches are promoted to Live.

If no Live dregs, AND nothing new on Test, I will either level an Alt or do real life stuff.

What are your preferences?

macdeath_sig.png

i play alone in infected as we dont have choice.
Ask again when we will have : Hunger Dome, Dregs and Shadow open h24 7/7

Really depends on my current goal and team's availability/plan.

Depending on the goal, I will do whatever is the most profitable or more likely to guarantee progress.

If the goal is to have fun, then odds are I will hit a location where PvP can happen, and try to accomplish a secondary goal. 
If I am trying to do something un-interrupted, I will tend to PvE zones. 
 That said, if the PvP zone is the best way to make progress, as it is now for Dregs and Gold Farming, I will risk the PvP and loss for a reasonable chance at making more progress in less time. 

If its for combat training, well I hope that the Hunger Dome comes sooner rather than later so I can que up and have some rapid fire training time without the risk to Campaign world assets. 

I used to farm on Infected following the wipe, but now I quite honestly have no reason to log as we did all the farming we needed on Dregs. Without the need to farm again to replace anything we use I quite literally have no reason to log.

And the PvP on Infected sucks.

I imagine if we had HD I would spend all my time there currently.

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

I used to farm on Infected following the wipe, but now I quite honestly have no reason to log as we did all the farming we needed on Dregs. Without the need to farm again to replace anything we use I quite literally have no reason to log.

And the PvP on Infected sucks.

I imagine if we had HD I would spend all my time there currently.

I haven't been in game much today either. When the devs go all quiet, what's a player to think?

macdeath_sig.png

I plan to play at launch if a significant number of players show up. Until then it isn't the MMO experience I desire and working for free as a play tester isn't for me.

I'm sure I'll be at a disadvantage to those that have dumped countless hours learning and relearning things as changes happen, but the game isn't that complex that it should require an average player to do so. If it does, the game has no hope at launch when hopefully a lot of new players show up and are learning for the first time.

Dude i just think that since 6.4 we had 5 days of dregs and 30 days of infected only, not even test server is up now which is ok but why no dregs??? this question just cant get out of my mind. Devs are silent for 4 days since they took test for a internal testing, which can be ok. 

I just cant get why they dont tell us anything about when or if we will have other dregs or anything. We are stuck to infected for a month basically with absolutely nothing to do... why? im sure ppl would prefere a dregs with bugs then a infected only month. Its a beta game afterall, noone is expecting a perfect and polish game.

18 minutes ago, APE said:

I plan to play at launch if a significant number of players show up. Until then it isn't the MMO experience I desire and working for free as a play tester isn't for me.

Honestly, the way infected is designed, i wouldnt play this game without getting paid as well. Its just a horrible gaming experience. Why the hell devs dont drop dregs for pretty much a month? Why they dont care about giving the testers something to do and actually have any reason to test the game? Im starting to think they just dont give a damn about the game or its population. And if they act with such a ungratefulness towards testers why do we have any reason to think that will be different at launch??

Why there is no devs asking players about what they want, prefere, how they can make this test experience better, how can they make the test experience better. I barely see any action from devs in the forum. The only real word we get from them is probably tiggs saying no dregs no info about whats going on in discord community... I just cant understand why are they so silent and telling us nothing about whats going on besides the Q&A streams. 

I get that most of u expect the best from the game and etc and u will defend both the game and ACE choices in forums but can we get a little bit more critical about it? We are testing the game. We are putting hours into it to make it better for launch. We are supposed to be here, making ACE knows that we have expectations and we want the best for the game. Why are they so quiet?

Edited by 1Vulp

16 minutes ago, 1Vulp said:

Honestly, the way infected is designed, i wouldnt play this game without getting paid as well. Its just a horrible gaming experience. Why the hell devs dont drop dregs for pretty much a month? Why they dont care about giving the testers something to do and actually have any reason to test the game? Im starting to think they just dont give a damn about the game or its population. And if they act with such a ungratefulness towards testers why do we have any reason to think that will be different at launch??

Why there is no devs asking players about what they want, prefere, how they can make this test experience better, how can they make the test experience better. I barely see any action from devs in the forum. The only real word we get from them is probably tiggs saying no dregs no info about whats going on in discord community... I just cant understand why are they so silent and telling us nothing about whats going on besides the Q&A streams. 

I get that most of u expect the best from the game and etc and u will defend both the game and ACE choices in forums but can we get a little bit more critical about it? We are testing the game. We are putting hours into it to make it better for launch. We are supposed to be here, making ACE knows that we have expectations and we want the best for the game. Why are they so quiet?

Well, IMO, the devs can hang out with the community, OR, they can develop the game. If they try to do too much community hanging out, it slows the game down.  Tiggs is here for us and she asks what the player / testers like and dislike and passes it on the rest of ACE.

macdeath_sig.png

43 minutes ago, APE said:

I'm sure I'll be at a disadvantage to those that have dumped countless hours learning and relearning things as changes happen, but the game isn't that complex that it should require an average player to do so. If it does, the game has no hope at launch when hopefully a lot of new players show up and are learning for the first time.

I WANT to play at launch but, unless a lot of the PRX folks are gonna be here, I won't be here either. I'm too old to help form a new guild and CF is no fun without being in a guild. So, I MAY have 3 accounts to give away, but I'm still hopeful.

macdeath_sig.png

4 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Well, IMO, the devs can hang out with the community, OR, they can develop the game. If they try to do too much community hanging out, it slows the game down.  Tiggs is here for us and she asks what the player / testers like and dislike and passes it on the rest of ACE.

its not about hanging out, its about giving us any satisfaction about what is going on, whats the plans, actively asking us questions about what do we think they should do, etc. Something more reliable then an montly or once ever 2, 3 months Q&A that barely answer any question and just bring up more ones to the table.

We are investing in this game, not like money injection but we are investing time, patience and a couple dollars as testers activelly creating content, making vids, making forum threats, reporting bugs in it and we expect something from it. I just think that is extremely ungrateful not telling us poorly made dergs about it, or saying no dregs when 80% of the community is saying that theres no reason to play/test without it.

They should give testers the same satisfaction they must give investors, the ones that injects money into ACE and keep the development machine working, cause investing time in this game seems worthless atm. And theres a reason why 80% of this forum is just ppl that dont even play the game anymore and are just here waiting for launch for years. Maybe its time to accept that ACE has been doing a terrible job when it comes to showing a lil bit of gratefulness to the testers. 

17 minutes ago, 1Vulp said:

Why there is no devs asking players about what they want, prefere, how they can make this test experience better, how can they make the test experience better.

Why are they so quiet?

This is how it has been from the start so I wouldn't expect anything different at this point.

The road map they gave during the last Q&A might have been the first one of its kind, at least that I remember. IMO it seemed like a marketing tool as launch is this year and the game isn't going to be as finished as expected. Hang in there, X months after launch the game will be better and have all the things you've been wanting.

Despite the value free testers are and as much as ACE likely wants to provide a good test experience, my guess is they have to focus on launch and the handful of testers just aren't that important. <1k vs 10s of thousands.

I've mentioned over the years that they should have focused testing and polled the community which they've done only a couple times. It's basically play what they have, provide feedback, and players might influence development a bit. In the end, it is their game and company so having a successful launch and the best game possible is more important then a few folks having Dregs to play in. I'm not sure why they don't just put up a never ending dregs or something, but is what it is.

Asking what players want, how to improve testing, and more early development is past. Launch is months away and barely anyone is showing up. Never seen this for a MMO before. 

2 minutes ago, APE said:

Asking what players want, how to improve testing, and more early development is past. Launch is months away and barely anyone is showing up. Never seen this for a MMO before. 

Going to be interesting seeing how they implement BR ruleset, how everything ties together, their replacement for passives and their monetization. Although its possible they just dont replace passive system and just go with what we have.

11 minutes ago, 1Vulp said:

Maybe its time to accept that ACE has been doing a terrible job when it comes to showing a lil bit of gratefulness to the testers. 

Gratefulness to testers? LOL they hurt their company and the game by having this 24/7 testing

Edited by mystafyi

10 minutes ago, 1Vulp said:

its not about hanging out, its about giving us any satisfaction about what is going on, whats the plans, actively asking us questions about what do we think they should do, etc. Something more reliable then an montly or once ever 2, 3 months Q&A that barely answer any question and just bring up more ones to the table.

We are investing in this game, not like money injection but we are investing time, patience and a couple dollars as testers activelly creating content, making vids, making forum threats, reporting bugs in it and we expect something from it. I just think that is extremely ungrateful not telling us poorly made dergs about it, or saying no dregs when 80% of the community is saying that theres no reason to play/test without it.

They should give testers the same satisfaction they must give investors, the ones that injects money into ACE and keep the development machine working, cause investing time in this game seems worthless atm. And theres a reason why 80% of this forum is just ppl that dont even play the game anymore and are just here waiting for launch for years. Maybe its time to accept that ACE has been doing a terrible job when it comes to showing a lil bit of gratefulness to the testers. 

Have you not seen this series where Tiggs asks us what we like and dislike? 

macdeath_sig.png

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Gratefulness to testers? LOL they hurt their company and the game by having this 24/7 testing

Well, when you rely on unpaid volunteer testers... You kinda get what you paid for. 

Now, in my opinion, you CAN get good production from volunteers IF there is a shared TEST PLAN so the testers know what needs testing. Without a Test plan, most of us are NOT hunting for bugs and issues, we're playing the game and we MIGHT report bugs and feedback.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

13 minutes ago, APE said:

Launch is months away and barely anyone is showing up. Never seen this for a MMO before. 

Even though at the end of the day is their game, so they do what they want to do and not with the community thinks etc. U just cant make MMOS without community. From what i see, at launch they will either have a totally different posture towards community or this game is faded to fail. Also, if we are talking about history, what does part of this developing team has of story to tell besides a massive faliure at a game launch? Want we or not this has a major influence for ppl looking for new games to play, etc. If they cant barely keep 1k testers into the game whats the plan when we are talking about 10k of players? 

See, all of those "unresponded" questions hits ppl hard when theyre trying to invest in a game, doesnt matter if we are talking about time or money. And ACE is not really showing how they plant to address those issues (which, to be honest, shouldnt be a verbal demonstration and yet a modus operandi thing, attitude based if u know what i mean)

12 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Have you not seen this series where Tiggs asks us what we like and dislike? 

And here comes the second problem: the community of testers. 

By the way that ACE acts towards the testers, at the end of the day what do we really have left from the active testers. Probably just a few 10~15 dudes that are active on the forums and actually test poorly made dergs and around 1k sleeping testers that dont even play the game anymore and sometimes show up here to boomering argue with ppl on forums. Like the example on that post about VIP being or not a P2W or not. All u see is a bunch of ppl trying to argue the definition of p2w for 20 posts and talking about how ACE needs money when they dont even fix the prices in the store, and a simple action like switching your region can allow u to pay 1/5 of the prices u can see in the store; so whats the point of even complaining about needing more founds or not, whats the point of even bringing VIP offering ppl ways to pay for a little bit of advantage if u are scamming yourself with the way the shop is made in crowfall website? 

Who is to blame? ACE? community? idk. I just cant take out of my mind that some of those issues woudnt even be issues if u had a tester community that actually cares about the game, but u cant blame them can u? when ACE gives close to no custards about the community, what do they expect back? 

To summarize: all of those minor issues are stuff that ppl just dont see right now cause theyre just bored as custard and cant care enough about the game, and theyre not to blame - ACE probably is. And if beta test environment is like that what are we exactly waiting for at launch that can address this?

8 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Well, when you rely on unpaid volunteer testers... You kinda get what you paid for. 

Now, in my opinion, you CAN get good production from volunteers IF there is a shared TEST PLAN so the testers know what needs testing. Without a Test plan, most of us are hunting for bugs abd issues, we're playing the game and we MIGHT report bugs and feedback.

^

1 hour ago, 1Vulp said:

And if beta test environment is like that what are we exactly waiting for at launch that can address this?

Guessing some are hoping everything magically comes together and it all works well enough that people play. As someone not emotionally investing in this game, doesn't really matter to me, but I spent some money and would like the game to turn out to be something I'll at least play a bit until something more interesting comes along.

ACE's communication style/frequency as been like this from the start. There have been periods of more interaction and open insight into development, but overall we get what we get what they feel like giving it.

Crowdfunding projects usually use marketing hype like "make the game with us" which sounds good, but doesn't mean much. Not that this community hasn't had a lot more access and ability to provide feedback then a typical MMO, but we aren't literally in the studio making the game or telling the devs what to do.

I've backed several crowdfunded MMOs/games and this is pretty typical. Again, it's too late to be asking what fans want and all that. If they are still making significant changes and plan to launch this year, not going to be good.

4 hours ago, MacDeath said:

Now, in my opinion, you CAN get good production from volunteers IF there is a shared TEST PLAN so the testers know what needs testing. Without a Test plan, most of us are hunting for bugs abd issues, we're playing the game and we MIGHT report bugs and feedback.

Now there you go thinking this was all for testing. If they wanted testing there would have been interaction in this regard, there was not. Over the years we just stopped asking for just what you describe. In essence they provided a paid 24/7 pre-access to help fund the game to launch. A 5-6 year early access so to speak.

Edited by mystafyi