Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heskel

Local Voice Chat

I think local voice chat where you can hear other people talk in the vicinity and louder the closer they are to you like /say would be a great feature. Its something they have in H1Z1 and other survival and realism games. It adds a lot to immersion and creates some entertaining situations and i think would work well in an exploration and fast pace tactical game like this.

Edited by Heskel

I really like Local voice chat like in Rust or H1Z1. Id love to see it in game.

Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

Personally against it, resources that could be better spent elsewhere. Thars already plenty of amazing voip programs out thar. Plus i dont wanna hear a high pitched voice of some kid being a internet warrior after i rekted him.

krevra.png

Making it ONLY available in the dregs would make for an incredible experience. Hearing Undead + Players nearby roaming when your camped in a forest at night *chills*. Would truly add to the epic realism and scary demeanor that the dregs should have. Just have an option for those that don't want it to disable it. 

@ OP +1 only available in the dregs YES PLEASE!!

Edited by cupcakey

I think it'd be an okay feature to add at some point as long as theres options for it, to toggle it off and change the volumes. I just don't think this should be a priority right now as it's definitely not needed, its just quality of life really.

Adding an internal voice chat system takes a lot of extra resources and also creates inherent issues that the developers will have no control over at all. Issues such as:

What is being said, as in the age of internet trolls, you will always have players who simply want to create problems, and other players would have no way to block it out.

Did I mention devs would have absolutely NO control over what would come from this?  I do not see this feature being implemented in this game. There are so many great voice chats available out there, if you want to interact with local players then invite them to your voip channel or practice your "typing skills" :rolleyes: