Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel like there was some major traction for Crowfall, streamers with decent numbers were starting to show. We had a dreg's (even though it was very short time wise) that was allowing a lot of us to scratch the itch. Then 6.5 was announced on test and BOOM. Artcraft goes silent. What's going on? Is there just so much effort going towards fixing the 6.5 bugs? Is there no chance that we will get another dregs on 6.4 while you guys work on it? I hope there isn't ever this period of more then 1 maybe 2 days of no campaigns (biggest reason I dislike the whole split server idea) because without campaign the population has seriously taken another hit. People don't know why they would log in for infected. It just seems like Ace needs to address the community via tiggs, a forum post, something that doesn't keep us all in the dark. 

Edited by Sirktivo

They hit a big issue with 6.5 they were gonna bring it over to live i think friday or sdomething but they had last minute issues that cause them to roll back 6.5 patch (Think there was something like a dupe) so they rolled back to 6.4 and is trying to fix that then pop it back over to live with a campaign.
They delay campaigns when they have a patch cming out because they wanna run it on that patch however if an issue pops up they generaly wont put a campaign up cause if they were they would then have to wait for that campaign to finish before they bring over the patch they would rather delay the campaign on live and get the next patch up and going properly and then bring it up on live with a campaign.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, veeshan said:

They hit a big issue with 6.5 they were gonna bring it over to live i think friday or sdomething but they had last minute issues that cause them to roll back 6.5 patch (Think there was something like a dupe) so they rolled back to 6.4 and is trying to fix that then pop it back over to live with a campaign.
They delay campaigns when they have a patch cming out because they wanna run it on that patch however if an issue pops up they generaly wont put a campaign up cause if they were they would then have to wait for that campaign to finish before they bring over the patch they would rather delay the campaign on live and get the next patch up and going properly and then bring it up on live with a campaign.

The issue with 6.5 on Live last week was that the EKs were messed up BIG! Most guilds use EKs to store needed resources for the dregs campaign. If ACE would have brought 6.5 dregs up it would have caused a poorly made dergse storm. So, they needed to roll back.

Now you could say, but why not do a 6.4 dregs on Live in the mean time? My guess is it's an all hands effort to ensure that 6.5 is stable. that HD works and THEN bring it all to Live when it's ready.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

2 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

We're working on the problems that were seen with 6.5 and hope to have a good build to move to LIVE very soon.   We're not silent just very hard at work. 

Today would be 'very SOON'. Tomorrow will be SOON(tm)

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

It's the same thing in every beta test forums i have seen over the past 20 years. 

You could copy and then paste this thread into any beta forums and it would be a duplicate lol

2 hours ago, Spawl said:

nah, most just turn off and log back in once the dust settles. 

This ---^ Most beta players tend to play on whatever is considered the Live server and often avoid the Test server. I suspect this is due in part to the illusion of permanency on the Live servers, whereas Test is a guaranteed wipe. Whatever the case, most Live players won't go near a Test server, much like there is a portion of weirdos in every MMO playerbase that plays the PTS servers almost exclusively once the game goes live.

5 minutes ago, BucDen said:

This ---^ Most beta players tend to play on whatever is considered the Live server and often avoid the Test server. I suspect this is due in part to the illusion of permanency on the Live servers, whereas Test is a guaranteed wipe. Whatever the case, most Live players won't go near a Test server, much like there is a portion of weirdos in every MMO playerbase that plays the PTS servers almost exclusively once the game goes live.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

macdeath_sig.png