Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hungerdome Testing during Siege Windows

I like Hungerdome. I appreciate that ACE needs to test it, and that if anyone plays it, the decision is on them, and I understand there are practical considerations that dictate to a degree when ACE does the testing....but, and I love you guys, doing it during a Live Dregs Siege Window, when the window is only an hour long and it usually does not go past the first half hour, is bad form, and perhaps even a little disrespectful to the players. Again, putting up HD on Test is not forcing anyone to leave Live, that choice would be on them, but it just feels a bit uncool. My 2 cents.

52mrnf.jpg

Edited by Anthrage

sieges times were decided to be during most populated time so it make sense they also do hunger dome during the most populated times aswell to get most people in to test. but yeah does cause issues with live server seiges but im not that annoyed since it is a test phase atm if they did something like this when game was live it be a little more annoying.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, veeshan said:

sieges times were decided to be during most populated time so it make sense they also do hunger dome during the most populated times aswell to get most people in to test.

Except it didn't work. Running them during live sieges resulted in less people on test.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

For EU it's before the first fort siege windows and it was fine saturday and sunday, not friday, because it was during work hour for many ( and obviously for US )
it should be the same for US, some EU player could be connected for something like 1am -> 2 am ( 2 hours prior current schedule )

Edited by Aedius

It was this or no Dregs at all. Dont complain about everything folks.

Remember this is a game in beta. Winning a campaign, holding all them keeps, it is all useless. We are here to test. We are here to help make this game the best it can be so that when it launches we can play it.

We chose those windows so that employees could be on hand should issues arise.  We had to coordinate with what worked best for everyone on a weekend. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

9 hours ago, Jah said:

Except it didn't work. Running them during live sieges resulted in less people on test.

It did work actually. 

It showed that a high percentage current MMO players will pick the MMO events over the HD events. 

It's a teeter-totter, balancing act.  On one side you have HD players, and one side you have MMO players, and what we have now is some evidence that the HD will NOT pull people from the MMO, who care about the MMO, when MMO events are taking place. 

In the long run HD is going to have a 24/7 queue system. Eventually there will be nothing special about being able to Queue for a HD. What we saw was that even with a bright shiny and interesting new game mode in HD, it STILL wasn't enough to pull people out of the campaigns when an in campaign event is going on. 

I think that's a great discovery, and the test worked.  It just didn't work TO test HD, it tested something completely different.