One power classes

Can you play Radical?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can you play Radical?

• Yes, I too can hold left click
    • Sprained Index finger, cant hold left click
    • I don't own a mouse
    • No hands

A few classes in this game can boil down to Left click and 1 power. Some are designed as left click bots and other just needs some reshuffling of power damage. Radical cleric (left click and win), Archer (left click and win with a dash of rapid fire), Slayer Duelist (left click and win with pepperbox on CD) and I'm sure there are more. Classes need a reason to use more than one button either through ability synergy or CD necessity. Yes you can use discs to get more skills however these are almost all support skills that do not have any impact on how you do damage. The skill requirement to play many of the classes in the game is depressingly low. Even when you do good on one of these classes you cant feel good about it because anyone with hands, and perhaps without in the case of Radical, could have done the same. Classes need more depth, like Inquisitor Fessor. Auto attack to get SP and finish kills, use CDs wisely or risk over healing and being unable to heal for a few seconds. Dont attack and lose SP. It has skill and choices to make. 

A great example of a class needing a only a rebalancing is the below where neck breaker on Alpha did 49% of total damage in a 4 minute fight. The Alpha has one of the better defined kits with many abilities that seem decent but ultimately the numbers mean that it holds left click to get dominance and ults every few seconds because ult regen is out of control for all classes. That is if you even run the dominance on critical Autos passive, if not you still do the same as all of your damage is neckbreaker and you need it to auto crit. It is supposed to be ultimate not a 10 second cd (exaggerated for effect but not by that much sadly). Sure you toss in a whirling pain here and there but it doesn't really matter, you are there to burst with the 1 ability that outputs 50% of your damage when your group calls for burst. If the other skills did more damage and ultimates were ultimates it would make hitting a big neckbreaker a rewarding experience.

unknown.png

TLDR: Alpha press Q

Edited by Balathan

They balanced it in 6.500 already. Not sure why ACE is holding this update back though...

Your questioner is NOT fun at all. There are people who don't have hands and its a tragedy. I wouldn't involve them in your stupid joke.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Sadly that is the case with most classes.

Myrms and berserking is still to me the most interesting mechanic. Frostweaver requires some measure of skill. Druids had potential but ever since they 'dumbed it down' years ago because managing life and death was too complex to us dumb mortals it never looked the same to me.

My main problem is most classes could easily be changed to require some thinking to use.

Why doesnt champs ults heal scale with targets hit? Champs jumping away, ulting on empty ground and returning after the heal is so damn dumb. Id be embarrassed if I was the one who thought up that mechanic. That ought to be caught up in the very first field testing. Y'know, "is it supposed to work like this?"

Fessor and their Sin mechanic sound so interesting in paper and has such potential, yet confessor is a stealth class more than anything. When teaching a new player to play fessor we dont even mention Sin, we just say "do this combo then close your book". The whole class mechanic is barely mentioned and is just a special step into a rotation.

Stealth in general is really bad. It is simply a matter of have or have-nots. Oh, you dont have reveal? guess you are out of luck. Oh, you do have reveal but cant kill me before it ends or before I run away? Tough luck.

For all the hate my warden gets ( and i agree it is kinda overtuned and trap master is also pretty brainless), I do have to place my AOE is the right spot so the fight happens inside of it, I do have to hit and aim some debuffs while inside the brawl, I do have to hit my twin blades 'Silence', hit my Sweep knockdown, hit another powers to either buff my physical defense, my pdm, and or my crit chance. All of that while my ult heal at best 3k if I hit people a whole damn lot.

That is if I am talking about my 1v1 build that is more straight forward. If we are talking about my party build we can add a 'Cleanse', reveal and stealth hunting, and party buffs.

That is the reason I complain about ranged. Take all that and multiply the difficulty by 10. Half my powers are useless. AOE? Useless. Trap master? Useless since despite it popping under people it still manages to miss if the dude is moving around one-legged. Melee combos that apply CC? Good luck hitting those and if you do the dude just retaliates and move away 1 sec later. All that extra difficulty to me while the dude just have to use dodge on cooldown, with some extra powers to keep me away if any.

It is why i loathe Bow warden. They can simply ignore powers which to me hitting or not is a question of life or death to use 2-3 powers they dont even need to aim well AND are still stronger overall. That is just a slap in the face.

And then there is Alpha Q hitting 5 people for 3k (unbuffed) on 30 secs cooldown.

There is Holy that just ignores whole people builds.

There is Barbs that can equip Scrapper and CC people for days and heal for tons just by pressing 2 buttons non stop.

Edited by BarriaKarl

3 hours ago, Balathan said:

A great example of a class needing a only a rebalancing is the below where neck breaker on Alpha did 49% of total damage in a 4 minute fight.

What is even more impressive is that with almost 14% of the total hits it accounted for 49% of the damage. Even if there was zero crits it would still outperform other skills that do crit.

Interesting you posted the alpha warrior DPS on thread calling for radicals to be nerfed. What makes it more interesting that you dont address anything about radicals other than complain about left click, but really go into detail about Alpha Warrior. You also used the same DPS parse photo requesting for the Alpha Warriors to get nerfed.  I believe the parse you referring was taken in the test server using 6.5 proposed changes with a fully crafted weighted legendary weapon. 

After participating in many 6.4 DREG battles giving fully charged neck breakers and taking neck breakers from fellow alphas the highest hits out there are in the low 2K to leather users. I believe that Alphas dont need additional damage in 6.5 but they do need the slow effects added to Leap . I dont think they need neck breaker damage increase but I do welcome the radius increase for neck breaker. 

Edited by WarRath

32 minutes ago, WarRath said:

Interesting you posted the alpha warrior DPS on thread calling for radicals to be nerfed. What makes it more interesting that you dont address anything about radicals other than complain about left click, but really go into detail about Alpha Warrior. You also used the same DPS parse photo requesting for the Alpha Warriors to get nerfed.

I think you missed the point. He is complaining about classes that are too focused on Left Clicks.

IhhQKY6.gif

On 3/28/2021 at 11:02 PM, WarRath said:

Interesting you posted the alpha warrior DPS on thread calling for radicals to be nerfed. What makes it more interesting that you don't address anything about radicals other than complain about left click, but really go into detail about Alpha Warrior. You also used the same DPS parse photo requesting for the Alpha Warriors to get nerfed.  I believe the parse you referring was taken in the test server using 6.5 proposed changes with a fully crafted weighted legendary weapon. 

After participating in many 6.4 DREG battles giving fully charged neck breakers and taking neck breakers from fellow alphas the highest hits out there are in the low 2K to leather users. I believe that Alphas don't need additional damage in 6.5 but they do need the slow effects added to Leap . I don't think they need neck breaker damage increase but I do welcome the radius increase for neck breaker. 

The point is not to get a class nerfed. The competitiveness of a class is a numbers game. The point is to get them redesigned to be engaging to play. Popping buffs and holding left click is not fun or interesting. Holding left click to cash out with the same ability over and over is not interesting. More importantly its not too uncommon in Crowfall classes. They need to spend some time to fully design these classes. Radical is a great example given its prevalence in the 6.4 meta but there are many more. As for the alpha content... my friend, that fight is from a hunger dome match about mid way through. I'm blue weapon/gear no jewelry in that fight. I just press Q that good. Again the goal is not to get them nerfed but rebalanced. When you have all these abilities but only one matters its not a rewarding experience.

in regard to archer i feel there skill is less rotation on skill but avoiding being hit since there so squishy :P

Radical on the other hand though is literaly run at someone throwing hammers (Sometimes mix in blocking if they have longer range)

Veeshan Midst of UXA