Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andius

Please Give Us Some Multirace Archetypes

Clearly you did vote in it though. I think you're just deluding yourself. RPG players don't like having their character built for them. Even people who play PVP games.

Actually I do like Archetypes with unique functions and roles, thank you for excluding me from your presumption, I voted because I happened to notice it, a threshold much lower than a need to raise it, but higher than many who wouldn't even vote.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Actually I do like Archetypes with unique functions and roles, thank you for excluding me from your presumption, I voted because I happened to notice it, a threshold much lower than a need to raise it, but higher than many who wouldn't even vote.

I feel like it's less a presumption and more a demonstratable fact. The evidence that players love customizing their characters is everywhere. Yes there are going to be the oddballs who don't feel that way but it's a pretty miniscule minority.

Also I'm all for distinct archtypes but distinct archetypes are something you can pull off in a game where humans are the only racial option. The incredible variety of playstyles and inventive abilities found in the original Guild Wars and it's expansions demonstrate this.

More specifically in Crowfall I believe there is plenty of room for race based archetypes for unique races such as Centuars and half-giants to exist alongside multi-race archetypes. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

This isn't WoW.  More Choices. More Customization. More Room For Failure.

No one claimed this is or going to be WoW, but in todays game development it should be clear that it's better to give the players options rather than forcing them to be a specific race. If we force players to be a specific race it feels like we're going back to 2005 when that was the case in almost every game.

Not to mention if you do force peoples race alot of players will most likely get ticked off and not play the game, because it sends a bad vibe in todays game development.

Edited by Kuettbullen

WOW, I mean, yeah I'd love diversity in a game, I have a million and one ideas too for it but ultimately with Crowfall, the game just looks too good to ask for multirace, they're obviously going for some kind of niche and it's working IMO.

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

No one claimed this is or going to be WoW, but in todays game development it should be clear that it's better to give the players options rather than forcing them to be a specific race. If we force players to be a specific race it feels like we're going back to 2005 when that was the case in almost every game.

Not to mention if you do force peoples race alot of players will most likely get ticked off and not play the game, because it sends a bad vibe in todays game development.

It's too early to call the results conclusive and I'm not going to link it here yet because I don't want to screw with the results but I just put up a similar poll in which I tried to leave out any bias and added the option of "Automatic Dealbreaker" in a neutral forum (neutral as in not affiliated with any specific MMO).

50% of voters have voted automatic dealbreaker so far with votes even more dramatically scewed toward negative.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

12 Races, 4 Base Classes, 22 Promotion Classes (31 total Base Class/Promotion Class combinations with hybrids), 47 Disciplines.  (Not to mention an entire host of creation cost runes for further customization).

Shadowbane's system was on the extreme of customization, and honestly its was great but I can see not going that far again.  The uninformed could easily make an noncompetitive character and balancing everything took a bit of time as well.

The mind boggles at comments like "the game just looks too good to ask for multirace".  Why must we all be the same player Headhunter?  A Centaur Druid and a Human or w/e could play vastly different.  The human/dryad may hit harder with its spells, but the centaur is mobile.  One might be better in a siege, the other in the field.  Why reduce customization? 

Edited by angelmar

I feel like it's less a presumption and more a demonstratable fact. The evidence that players love customizing their characters is everywhere. Yes there are going to be the oddballs who don't feel that way but it's a pretty miniscule minority.

Also I'm all for distinct archtypes but distinct archetypes are something you can pull off in a game where humans are the only racial option. The incredible variety of playstyles and inventive abilities found in the original Guild Wars and it's expansions demonstrate this.

More specifically in Crowfall I believe there is plenty of room for race based archetypes for unique races such as Centuars and half-giants to exist alongside multi-race archetypes. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Doesn't have to, but I'm asking for it XD

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P