Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please allow me to do something in dregs during my vacation.

Aedius

53pvww.jpgDear ACE.

I'm currently on vacation and i cant do anything worth in the dregs.

I'm a healer mostly ( droode bomb for PVE¬†ūüėĘ ) and i have anything to do while my mate are at works or just doing something else.

I'm not in a big active guild but even if i was their is siege windows so outpost capture are useless.

Should i go doing divine favor ? Well Underhill camp is occupy by groups of 5 and it's pretty normal. Other cards need to be on point at the end of the season or to have a keep.

Something else, not to win something in the dregs ?

• Gold : i have already hundreds.
  • dessicated body parts : i have plenty
  • we need to hit mothernodes but i'm alone.

Well, i will play to something else ...

You know the worst of it ?
I would have connected 1 hour earlier we would have been 2 and doing stuf but know he is doing something else on a different game.
And maybe in one hour someone else will show up, i wont be available and he will also disconnect.

I'm an old player so i know what i can do, what i should do, i'm on audio on discord, which is usefull.

Now, imagine a new player, dont knowing anyone in his guild or without any guild.

Dont tell me that you are doing Hunger Dome for that, if i want soloQ in moba, i will return to doto.

Edited by Aedius

• Aedius changed the title to Please allow me to do something in dregs during my vacation.

That's basically the state of the game now. I log on to CrowFall and quickly realize I have nothing to do in Dregs or elsewhere as a solo player. (I'm not playing this game for Hunger Dome either)

Edited by ilogos

13 hours ago, Aedius said:

cant do anything worth in the dregs.

What type of solo activities would be fun for you?  You mentioned you already had enough gold.

tiPrpwh.png

When I've been in-between guilds, I found Dregs to be horribly unfun, so can't really argue with anything here, I agree!

That's one of the main reasons why I'm in a guild of people I really enjoying hanging out with.

1 hour ago, miraluna said:

What type of solo activities would be fun for you?  You mentioned you already had enough gold.

I dont think they want solo activity, they want players since they are the content. This has always been a problem if you dont play at certain times. 

Free-building and actually having an economy would go a long way here. Once upon a time those were core to the game design, I wonder why.¬†ūüôĄ

7 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I dont think they want solo activity, they want players since they are the content. This has always been a problem if you dont play at certain times. 

Free-building and actually having an economy would go a long way here. Once upon a time those were core to the game design, I wonder why.¬†ūüôĄ

Well, the issue is that if you dont have solo activities at all, you wont be in game long enough to see a friend connecting.

I just want to have some activities that seems usefull (even if they are not really), in 6.3 we always could sacrifice anything or take outpost for the persistent cards, even solo you could run on the map, take an outpost, kill some mods and be happy with that, it wasnt much but it was something.

And yes currently economy doesnt exist, it would certainly help.

12 hours ago, Aedius said:

in 6.3 we always could sacrifice anything or take outpost for the persistent cards

Good point, removal of the general cards was actually a solo activity nerf.

tiPrpwh.png

21 hours ago, DocTrine said:

When I've been in-between guilds, I found Dregs to be horribly unfun

Dregs is a guild vs guild ruleset, so I wouldn't expect a solo player to enjoy it - we really need a 3-faction Shadow Campaign for that type of player. That's different than having activities that you can do solo while waiting on guildmates to login, or off-hours solo activities that contribute to your guild.

tiPrpwh.png

44 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Dregs is a guild vs guild ruleset, so I wouldn't expect a solo player to enjoy it - we really need a 3-faction Shadow Campaign for that type of player. That's different than having activities that you can do solo while waiting on guildmates to login, or off-hours solo activities that contribute to your guild.

Perhaps dregs need to be guild-locked otherwise players in between guilds or prior getting a guild will certainly enter. If they cannot enjoy it, then it would be economic suicide to allow this to happen. 

1 hour ago, miraluna said:

I've seen this take repeatedly, but it's not correct. If Dregs has the best rewards and the best ruleset, many solo players and small guilds will want to play there.

3-faction campaigns are inevitably going to be carebear and a horrible mess while also being less rewarding.

Edited by Alot

15 minutes ago, Alot said:

If Dregs has the best rewards and the best ruleset, many solo players and small guilds will want to play there.

Agree, and if they cant compete for whatever reason, they wont be relegated to a 'lesser' campaign, they will simply go to another game. This isnt 20+ years ago when players didnt have many game options. 

I wish that folks that wont play factions would stop offering that as a viable solution. Do they think they are special in not liking factions? No, we are mostly alike.

27 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Agree, and if they cant compete for whatever reason, they wont be relegated to a 'lesser' campaign, they will simply go to another game. This isnt 20+ years ago when players didnt have many game options. 

I wish that folks that wont play factions would stop offering that as a viable solution. Do they think they are special in not liking factions? No, we are mostly alike.

I don't think solo players and small guilds necessarily need to "compete" in Dregs, to the extent that they win campaigns, but they need to at least be able to participate and find content. 

And it's not just the carebear rule-set/rewards that are problematic in faction campaigns. As Jah pointed out in another post, you can't even choose your faction members, which means it will be rife with spies and saboteurs.

Faction campaigns are dead in the water without a significant re-work, and using it as a justification to ban solo players from Dregs, or a reason for there being limited content for solo players in Dregs, is just short-sighted and wrong. 

Edited by Alot

10 minutes ago, Alot said:

I don't think solo players and small guilds necessarily need to "compete" in Dregs, to the extent that they win campaigns, but they need to at least be able to participate and find content. 

yes, compete was the wrong word, participate in some meaningful way is much better.

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

yes, compete was the wrong word, participate in some meaningful way is much better.

Solo players can definitely participate in a meaningful way in the Dregs. They can gank people, farm outposts, farm high ranked resources, farm high ranked mobs, level crafted vessels, etc. Those activities are meaningful to some people.

IhhQKY6.gif

They just cannot usually survive long if happened upon by two or more other people... which is generally likely in primetime drrrrrregs.

If entering solo, especially solo unguilded, death is to be expected.

Just bank often and watch your back.

7 hours ago, miraluna said:

Will the game AI and processes be able to tell the difference between somebody who is always solo and somebody who is solo for only a few hours till friends show up?

I cannot see how, so it makes no point to distinguish and try to lock people out.

14 minutes ago, DocTrine said:

difference between somebody who is always solo and somebody who is solo for only a few hours till friends show up?

From a design perspective, yes. Dregs is a guild-based competition, so I do think there should be more soloable activities that contribute to the guild score. It also makes sense to have Victory Cards that are less dependent on siege window zerg activity because now we have Conquest for that.

That's different than lone-wolf content focused only personal gain - farming, leveling, pvp can all be done solo in Dregs but the game certainly seems less fun without a guild when playing in a GvG ruleset.

tiPrpwh.png

On 3/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, miraluna said:

What type of solo activities would be fun for you?

Exploration, high quality/quantity quests and PVE content, achievements (titles, cosmetics, ongoing character progression), different forms of accessible instanced PVP/PVE, less clicky more interesting crafting, meaningful PVP goals (ranks, leaderboards, progression, rewards), accessible trade and economy system, moment to moment goals and activities that change game play experience.

Basically the content and features that keep players returning to most MMOs year after year that this game will likely never have. Not necessary "solo" but doable without needing a full force in discord logged in and working together.

Launch in <9 months, will see how many guilds need to play such a content lacking game to see their name on a splash screen every few weeks/months.