Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Q: Does the Valkyn head statue change keep crafting pref?

A Valkyn head statue in an EK appears to make crafting in a Keep no longer the best place possible. However, I can't be sure because I can't place a statue in my TEST EK. Has anyone determined if the Valkyn head statue placed in an EK actually yields a buff equal to the fully ranked crafting buffs possible in a Campaign keep?

ShadowBane - Former IC of Societas Daemonica (2005 -2014)

ShadowBane - Former IC Nordic Chapter SB (2004)

ShadowBane -  Former IC / NL of House of Atreides, Damnation (2003-2004)

Yes, the buff is the same. But it isn't an either/or situation. You aren't going to be in the middle of a campaign and export all of your stuff to your EK to craft, then import everything back to the campaign. You can do that for a 4 day campaign, but for a campaign that lasts months, it isn't practical. 

13 minutes ago, Arkade said:

You can do that for a 4 day campaign, but for a campaign that lasts months, it isn't practical. 

great point

3 hours ago, Padishah said:

A Valkyn head statue in an EK appears to make crafting in a Keep no longer the best place possible. However, I can't be sure because I can't place a statue in my TEST EK. Has anyone determined if the Valkyn head statue placed in an EK actually yields a buff equal to the fully ranked crafting buffs possible in a Campaign keep?

It does NOT.

They nerfed the Valkyn statue to be equal to Rank 2 buff instead of rank 3 buff. I do not know if intentional or not.

If it's an intended nerf, it felt a needed one to incentivise small medium guilds towards keep crafting. I would prefer it of been nerfed harder to a few experimentation, few assembly, instead of a couple gear stages' worth of stats; a small buff like that so they can still keep their promise to backers.

It's not the end of the world since the only difference between Rank 2 and Rank 3 tables is +2 Point Cap and you can supplement that with a Potion of Sapho, but I saw no reason to nerf the Valkyn relic

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

so the "nerf" if actually fixing it? so, what was / is intended? is the rare valkyn statue actually going to give a buff or just another nice looking piece of furniture?

4 hours ago, Thon said:

If it's an intended nerf, it felt a needed one to incentivise small medium guilds towards keep crafting. I would prefer it of been nerfed harder to a few experimentation, few assembly, instead of a couple gear stages' worth of stats; a small buff like that so they can still keep their promise to backers.

its a darn shame they only hold it for a day or 2 before a zerg swarm over them for a slightly built up keep 😛

Veeshan Midst of UXA

9 hours ago, Padishah said:

so the "nerf" if actually fixing it? so, what was / is intended? is the rare valkyn statue actually going to give a buff or just another nice looking piece of furniture?

Valkyn still gives +1 exp point, +10 assembly, and +15 exp success, it no longer gives +2 max exp points.

We are unsure if this is intentional or not since they changed it to no longer need a pedestal.

You put the statue up in the EK.

You are supposed to get the buff if you have the exploration disc equipped and there is a table on the parcel you are on.

I have reported numerous bugs that are currently in place with it though.

thank you @Ussiah