Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/5/2021

10 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

P.P.S. How does the polishing mechanic decide which pips to reroll if there are multiple low rolls? Anecdotally it seems like after sorting for lowest roll the polish next sorts from the bottom of the Experimentation window up - so in above example it would reroll Durability instead of Mineral Harvest Chance. Is there a way to make the Polish priority as follows:

Lowest Roll success pips  >  Line with most Pips spent  >  Line with lowest average Roll success

The line with most Pips spent is the stat we wish to increase the most, so after accounting for the worst rolls our next aim with polishing would be to improve that line. If both lines are equal on Pips spent (max stats/equal priority) then the Polish would focus on improving the worst line out of the selection. If all lines are equal after that then I guess sorting by top or bottom is fine.

P.S. Grr Winterblades.

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@thomasblair @Tyrant Crafting got nerfed again. Currently crafters CHUG (as in every combine) bon tippers to even come close to wartribe gear. Instead of just adding a quantity button to old bon

I can't believe the action bar greying out when you perform actions made it to LIVE. We thought this was a bug, apparently it is a design decision. I'm stoked to have to keep guessing if I am out of r

Here's my list of things I'd like fixed so far.  1. New players need a place to chat. Please revert until new players have a place to ask for help.  2. Grey action bars are really hard to lo

*Should've read the whole thread*

• We definitely need General Chat in God's Reach and Infected. Noobs need to communicate with vets to learn. If (really big if) the campaign worlds are full enough, Zone chat should be sufficient  enough to replace General. Or, you know, you can add a way for us to customize what messages go to what tabs
  • The messaging in patches prior has been that if you're power is gray, you don't have enough resources to use it. Graying out powers during GCD mixes that messaging and creates a guessing game of which power is out of resources
  • I don't dislike the increased gold cost of bon tippers (though, my experiences are different than dedicated crafters), but I would've preferred the increased gold cost come from the weapon molds you need to buy to make weapons
  • Why is the Potion of Sapho the only consumable that doesn't last 30min? 5 minutes is unreasonably short
  • Can the duration of Beneficial Harvest be increased to 45s? It's especially limited on Skinners because you need to find and kill the nearest mob, exit combat, then skin the entire carcass, all within 30 seconds. Killing mobs and exiting combat wastes ~10 seconds of the buff that other professions don't have to deal with since they just need to find the nearest node and don't need to wait to exit combat.
  • Also, I have to ask: What is ethereal dust? We use it for forge weapons, stitch bodies, mix minerals together, and now for cooking?! How can something used to forge weapons be safe for consumption is beyond me.
Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

To put bon tipper change to money values using vendor cost

Old bon tipper cost
574 gold + 40 mushroom + 25 apple +50 flask

New cost
6090 gold +60 dust + 50 apples + 20 mushroom + 50 flasks

for 50 tippers

30 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

P.P.S. How does the polishing mechanic decide which pips to reroll if there are multiple low rolls? Anecdotally it seems like after sorting for lowest roll the polish next sorts from the bottom of the Experimentation window up - so in above example it would reroll Durability instead of Mineral Harvest Chance. Is there a way to make the Polish priority as follows:

Lowest Roll success pips  >  Line with most Pips spent  >  Line with lowest average Roll success

The line with most Pips spent is the stat we wish to increase the most, so after accounting for the worst rolls our next aim with polishing would be to improve that line. If both lines are equal on Pips spent (max stats/equal priority) then the Polish would focus on improving the worst line out of the selection. If all lines are equal after that then I guess sorting by top or bottom is fine.

ngl, if I see 2-3 low rolls in the secondary stat, I reroll. I also have infinite chaos embers, so YMMV

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I actually reported this issue under bugs but on the slim chance this was an intended change, I will report it here: 

Talents on toolbar all go grey after basic attack and remain grey long after GCD. Talents can be used while grey but this really skews the timing and ease of tracking the 'real' GCD. Please fix this asap. The tool bar was fine as it was with the exception of the dodge which was updated with the clock countdown feature added in this patch. 

Regarding Crafting UI: Would it be possible to place the "Run Experimentation" button somewhere else, perhaps further to the right? It is convenient to have it in the same spot as the "Take" button to reduce travel time with the cursor, but it makes it rather easy to accidentally click "Take" and skip the Polish/Reroll stage.

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades.

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

1 hour ago, thomasblair said:

In order to add the Quantity option I would need to take away the Rename item functionality from them, and people have made too much cool content with the notes to do this.
Maybe it would be better to add the old Velum paper recipe back into the mix, and allow it to be used for notes instead.

Mad idea I know, but what if you could make multiple named items at once! Isn't that a concept!

2 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

The solution is simple, let us "Select" the 3 pips we want to reroll, they are colour coded now. One of the BIGGEST frustrations in crafting is watching your rerolls go into durability or a secondary stat, this is most frustrating when you are doing dmg rolls on weapons.

• ACE-Tiggs changed the title to 6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/5/2021

Feedback on suggestion on how to make Fire and ice quivers useable.

Atm you loose 20-30% dmg on an archer if you take anything other than physical dmg quivers (20% physical mitigation from faire fire and 10% dmg bonus/cap bonus from keystone. (All classes that can use quiver loose 10% dmg bonus cause of they only get physical dmg keystones)

Suggestion for archer at least to make these quiver viable (I hate them being there but not realy usable)
- Fairie fire - Change it to have 2 versions depending on quiver or dmg type. Physical fairie fire (like it is now) if it triggers when you deal physical dmg or if physical quiver is equiped, elemental fairie fire if it trigger from elemental attack or they have elemental quiver equipped. the other option is to have 2 types of fairie fire options in the tree at that point one for elemental one for physical however ur tree wouldnt look symetrical 😛

- Keystone issue, you have a couple options here, add fire and ice dmg to sure aim keystone the simple options however you could also add default value to elemental quiver to give 10% fire or ice dmg depending, this allows for other classes to use elemental quivers without missing out on there 10% bonus from keystone. Third option would be to add a split in archery keystone where they can only take 1, 1 is physical dmg focused and other is elemenal dmg focuses.

Although i suspect nothing will change with elemental quivers until you get to your archtype (long term goal thingo) where ull split archer into physical and magioc dmg rolls

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I totally agree that newbs NEED the ability to chat with vets or many will leave the game after a few hours of frustration (for some, only a few minutes). If we don't want them to use General chat for this, how about adding an ADVICE chat? All new players would start with ADVICE chat available and vets who are willing to helpout can /join Advice. 

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned and locked this topic