Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please add an ADVICE chat - newbs NEED to chat with vets

Should CF have an ADVICE chat channel?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Does CF need an additional chat Channel where New players can ask Vets for advice?

• Yes, it would be very helpful, very little in CF is intuitive to new players
    • No, they can ask in General
    • Yes, IF General is restricted

New players NEED the ability to chat with vets or many will leave the game after a few hours of frustration (for some, only a few minutes). If we don't want them to use General chat for this, how about adding an ADVICE chat? All new players would start with ADVICE chat available and vets who are willing to help out can /join Advice. 

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

3 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I vote for all chat text to have a surcharge cost. That way I dont have to listen to the common folk. 😈

You can opt out from any channel. :P

macdeath_sig.png

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

Or just have general chat back instead.

IMO, General can work well for this while we're all in Beta and there aren't many new players or active vets, but after launch there are likely to be thousands of new players and General will get overwhelmed.

macdeath_sig.png

Having an advice channel, that needs to be cross world (most vets are not in GR) that is limited to VETTED 'experienced' players and moderated would be very helpful.

Failure to do any of those three things (cross world, vetted answerers, moderation to prevent abuse) would largely lead it to being General 2.0.

11 hours ago, Van_Zant said:

Having an advice channel, that needs to be cross world (most vets are not in GR) that is limited to VETTED 'experienced' players and moderated would be very helpful.

Failure to do any of those three things (cross world, vetted answerers, moderation to prevent abuse) would largely lead it to being General 2.0.

All good points. I would like to see the vetting process yield to an ADVISOR role so that ACE can decide who gets to respond in the ADVICE channel.

macdeath_sig.png

I was in GR yesterday creating a new character and I saw all the new players. I said Good afternoon and Hello a few times in general chat and no one responded. In fact no one said anything in the entire couple of hours I was there. Did I miss how General Chat works or something? Were there complaints? I always try and help new players. I am not an encyclopedia on the game, but if it's something I don't know I refer to better resources. 

1 hour ago, Doomshadow said:

I was in GR yesterday creating a new character and I saw all the new players. I said Good afternoon and Hello a few times in general chat and no one responded. In fact no one said anything in the entire couple of hours I was there. Did I miss how General Chat works or something? Were there complaints? I always try and help new players. I am not an encyclopedia on the game, but if it's something I don't know I refer to better resources. 

Was bugged. Super bugged in fact. Tiggs said they fixed it later tho.