Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/7/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Subjectively Speaking I'd have to say my experience has been the greatest of all that have ever played this game. I've had all kinds of adventures with many different people but mostly on my own. The parts that hooked me the most was the pvp customizability, conquest scoring, mechanics, Team comp theory crafting, and the personal vendettas we create to fuel our battles in dreggs. Some times the PVP balance is good from my perspective and other times it's absolute trash lol. Still mostly enjoyable even so, It would be really nice to see some faster responses on nerfing things that I've seen linger for months (aka old reverb aura emitter, Radicals, Knights). Even my favorite class confessor was op for a couple months but as things change around hope is not lost. Hope is lost when an entire venue of content in crowfall is taken away from a group that it did not need to be taken from. Small groups competing in conquest kept the game alive. It was always more challenging to compete as a smaller group. I mean way way harder near imposssible. But because it was even possible to compete some people found it necessary to make it so only top 3 can compete in conquest. Ever since this change I have felt mitigated to peasantry in this crowfall competition. The door was slammed in my face and now I just stare at the crowfall launcher and wonder why.............

I would have to say that so far my experience has been pretty bad.  I cannot get kills in the start of the game because there are so many people fighting the same things in the area and even when I start the attack people are higher level so I get no items as they did the most damage.  Have to say I am not enjoying it at all.

Hi! I found it really hard to inspect the abilities I had in the ability hot bar. To know what each ability did, I had to open up the talent book. A suggestion: enable free cursor via hotkey WITHOUT the need to open up the inventory. The gameplay also lacked any unique oomph. Abilities (elken/confessor) seemed to hit random enemies, sometimes bunch of mobs just fly up in the air and get knocked and I have no way of knowing what does what amidst battle.

I also find it questionable to always show that every mob is skinnable, but as I won't be able to equip a knife, there's no way for me to skin the mob (I guess? Can't know for sure). If my main weapon is a book, don't tell me at every kill that there's something I'm not able to do and then remind me to equip a weapon that I can't equip.

This felt like any generic MMO and the mechanics of the fight did not impress me to want to play anymore.

Edited by grimfada
Added more text.

I won't judge the game too harshly.  I know nothing of the development schedule.  I'm a general MMO fan that's why I'm in the beta, have not followed this game much.

This is quick 30-60 minute impression going into this game blind.

I agree with previous poster, need a enable free cursor via hotkey.  

Also, a mini-map.  If there was one, I couldn't find it or see.  The map also leaves something to be desired.

The graphics are truly bad even at max settings.  Some won't care, but I personally do.  Even if everything else improved, the graphics would turn me off. 

There were some graphical glitches here and there.  Overall though the client ran smoothly.  No lag.

I like detailed explanations of skills and talents.  I like the classes and race structure.  I even like that you have a max number of skill points.  I don't know how balanced things are, but I appreciate customization.

Finally, eating.  why?  it really feels like this is something that by endgame will be tedious.  I don't know enough about this mechanic yet I will admit.  However, I am dreading it because I have seen past MMOs try something unique like this and it's just an annoyance down the road more than a fun new mechanic.

So I don't remember signing up for this beta at all, but I downloaded it and played it for a few hours to about lvl10

First off: I love the race selection and how varied it is, but I wish there were more customization options (more dwarf beards!)

The combat is okay, nothing I'd brag about or run to tell fellow gamers, but it's not bad and I found myself wanting to just run around and hit things as I played instead of focusing on the crafting. Some of the animations I felt were kinda off; I looked constipated with a few of them.

A quest tracker really should be added to the UI so I don't have to keep opening the menu to read my quest. Having the compass is nice, but still.

There doesn't seem to be a way to toggle/hide helmet.

I always think any RPG should have a transmog/outfit system so players can be more individual and look how they want when they want. There might be something like this later in the game and I just didn't get far enough to see it, but if there's not then there should be IMO. Nobody dislikes getting to swap their appearance.

Eating................................... why? Just why? I felt like I was playing D&D 3.5E again with that. It wasn't a major headache in my gametime, I think the lowest my food level got was 6 and I just ate 2 stews and was good to go but still. This seems like a system that is only there to just add another thing to do and serves no purpose other than to be annoying. Kind like ammo back in WoW Vanilla.

Overall I would play through this with many hours and join a guild and main it. My biggest drawback: after doing some digging and talking to players in game I learned this game is PvP only once the end game comes. I understand that's on purpose, I understand it is a niche game for people who love to PvP. I, however, was looking at this and hoping for dungeons, raids, loot/diablo-style nepahlim rift type things and-so-on. I'm not, personally, a big pvp fan and that pretty much killed my interest. Again, I get that the game is by no means trying to cater to people like me who don't enjoy open-world gank fests. I just wish there could be PvE content for end-game because if there was, I'd probably buy the game and drag my RL friends along with me.

So, sadly, I probably won't be plugging anymore time into this beta or looking at the game in the future. It's not for me, and that seems pretty purposeful. For those who like PvP, I imagine you'll enjoy this more than I.

Edited by Spiderdad

Valkyn crafting buff is still bugged for Woodworkers, upon entering the parcel you get the thrall buff which lasts for 5 secs before dropping, the passive is listed for the character but does not apply.

Infected 2 safe islands thing (still) doesnt work. Currently Im farming exploration disc to a new char and doing it naked and hungry. Having these island be completely out of the game loop like this just postpone showing new players what this game is about.

This is a PvP game. PvP is what you should be giving to new players from the start. Players cant get here and receive as first impression these boring fights against NPCs and those empty worlds.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Feedback after my first hour or so (Lvl 17).

My first impression is kinda positive. I like the look of the game and the variety of races and classes. Character creation could need some more options though. With the current amount of variety, you will come across twins pretty quick, I assume.
The performance seems okay. Constant 60fps out of town. In the starting town, it can quickly drop to 40 on medium settings with a Ryzen 5800, GTX 1070 and 32GB Ram. That's a bummer, especially since there weren't THAT many people around. Felt like it dropped more, the closer I got to the fires in the shop area.

The story doesn't hook me yet. In the beginning, I read everything to get a rough idea of what is happening, but I quickly found myself just smashing the Y button to cycle through the diaglouges. I get the feeling that I could play it for 20 hours and the story keeps being "Wow, you died. Now you're alive. You're a crow. Amazing. Now just kill bad guys, okay great bye."

The combat system is a no-brainer so far and feels good. Personally not a huge fan of too many skills to chose from and planning a build weeks ahead so I don't make mistakes or whatever, but I still enjoy it. As someone mentioned already, I wish we had a hotkey to unlock a mouse cursor and hover over skills to read their description as well as other elements of the hud. Like the thingy in the bottom right. Maybe it gets explained later on, but I still don't know what the 4 boxes underneath the day-/nighttime cycle are.
And while we're at it.. the HUD could already use some QoL. For example highlighting crafting items depending on what crafting menue is opened. Maybe I haven't found it yet, but there doesn't seem to be an option to sort the inventory?! Finding a god damn potato in between all the stuff you pick up is a chore. Also right-clicking it will consume it instead of putting it in the crafting slot. 

Server Performance was great so far. No lag or anything. Just queues when switching areas. That's where I encountered one thing I don't like. The idle timer kicks in way too soon. I mean, you make me wait for 5 minutes because the area has reached its player limit and while I stand there and wait, you also start to threat me with a kick for being idle. I'm sure you'll raise the player limit at some point, but still, the timer to trigger idle-kick should be raised at least by double the amount.

Now two things I really disliked.
Interacting with NPCs by looking at them and pressing F is a pain in the buttocks when there are plenty of people around them. Maybe mix the hotkeys up. Make interacting with NPCs F and interacting with other players G or whatever, while the prompt for NPCs shows up by being close to them and not pointing at them. That would already help.

And another thing is the food system. I don't know, it feels like it doesn't belong there. I'm not playing a survival game. You argue with "Ho ho, you're back under the living now, so you're also feeling that hunger", but if that is the only reason you give us, then why aren't we also thirsty? I don't like it at all. Just my 2 cents. Using food for buffs? Great. Using food for survival? Meh.

But again, overall I enjoyed it so far. I hope the world gets some more love, because it can feel empty at times, but I will invest some more hours for sure.

Fairly positive experience! Wasn't exactly sure what to expect but it was good. Managed to get to level 17 and then hopped onto the faction v faction and left at that.

To start with I will point out the bad points:

- Some bugs when using the Dash ability you can end up under structures such as stairs.

- Dismounting when using gates / speaking with NPC's, I feel like this would make so much more sense to be mounted and be able to carry out those actions.

- Im not too sure if there is a Mini map but if there isn't, 100% would like to see a Mini map.

- Feel like classes are some what unbalanced.

- Having multiple drops of log would be really nice only for the basic tools, having to grind those is annoying when they break so quickly on higher tier gathering resource.

- Targeting system is dodgy sometimes.

Good points:

- I think new user friendliness is good, not too much detail but just enough on what to do.

- The crafting aspect of the game is really good! Only started creating 2nd tier of tools but having a look at all crafting tables, impressive.

- Many classes to choose from always makes the game more interesting.

- The fact classes have 2 main weapons asks for a bit more skilled game play, rather than just click and auto attack.

- Decent starting inventory slots but it would be nice to have something to increase the space since going for an adventure can fill your inventory from nothing in just few minutes!

- MOUNTS.

- I like the idea of Stamina while in combat but it runs out super fast when trying to solo tougher enemies such as "Elites".

First thing noticed - the inventory management is atrocious.  Some items with meat icons are for "Cooking", some are for "Crafting".  You pick up so much variety in materials, many of which are as confusing as the meat example I stated, making it almost downright irritating to try and sort your bag.

Would highly recommend a sorting feature of some sort, preferably a tab system (All - Crafting - Cooking - Equipment - etc.) or a search by tag/type (aka "crafting" highlights all crafting tagged items, but not "cooking").

Also, would be nice to just right click recipe material spots to input mats rather than having to mouse over every single item that has an icon (again, some of which aren't even if it matches visually).  With the understanding that there are multiple inputs for a given spot, maybe RClick -> pop/drop menu to select a material you have on hand.

I have played for a couple hours [lvl 18] and I am mostly enjoying the experience so far. I really wish that there was a minimap of some sort. I also wish that I could bind a hot key to my quest log, or at least have a pop-up on the side of the screen telling me what it is i need to do. If this is possible to do, i was not able to find any kind of option for this. Looking at your quests is just tedious. Lastly, i dont see any reason for the food aspect to be in the game. It just seems useless and an irritant more than anything, I see it being annoying in the future. If there are buffs you can get with eating (not sure if this exists yet), then that makes it a little more useful, but even then, whats the point of making us starve and need to worry about?

9 minutes ago, sortofzach said:

Lastly, i dont see any reason for the food aspect to be in the game. It just seems useless and an irritant more than anything, I see it being annoying in the future. If there are buffs you can get with eating (not sure if this exists yet), then that makes it a little more useful, but even then, whats the point of making us starve and need to worry about?

That's a "survival" aspect of the game. In the campaigns you will encounter so-called "Hunger Shards" that have snowy areas around them. Stepping on them for x seconds gives you the Hunger debuff that drains the chicken in your chicken bar faster.

I guess it's made to fit the "dying worlds" setting but imo you are right. It adds nothing to the game except that you need to get some food if you don't want your resource and health regeneration stopped. Food buffs can exist without having a chicken bar. Maybe it's also because back when the game was entering production, survival games were pretty popular. (Subnautica, The Forest, Stranded Deep, Rust,.. )

The hold to interact bar, it's change from horizontal to sliding looks a bit less satisfying to me, the release sound on death feels a bit off in that it's a bit chipper

4 hours ago, grimfada said:

Hi! I found it really hard to inspect the abilities I had in the ability hot bar. To know what each ability did, I had to open up the talent book. A suggestion: enable free cursor via hotkey WITHOUT the need to open up the inventory. The gameplay also lacked any unique oomph. Abilities (elken/confessor) seemed to hit random enemies, sometimes bunch of mobs just fly up in the air and get knocked and I have no way of knowing what does what amidst battle.

I also find it questionable to always show that every mob is skinnable, but as I won't be able to equip a knife, there's no way for me to skin the mob (I guess? Can't know for sure). If my main weapon is a book, don't tell me at every kill that there's something I'm not able to do and then remind me to equip a weapon that I can't equip.

This felt like any generic MMO and the mechanics of the fight did not impress me to want to play anymore.

You can equip a skinning knife, a pickaxe, axe, etc for purpose of those professions. the one quest shows and explains it. All of these items don't count as a "weapon".

So far not so bad! I'd recommend a loot all option, and have your inventory close after you loot? I think it's "k" for abilities to equip to power bar? I think your inventory opens up with it as well? maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but if it does can probably stop the inventory from popping up.