Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feedback after a couple of hours of gameplay

I tried the game for a couple of hours and I would like to share my feedback so far.

PS: this is my personal feedback so it's perfectly ok if you agree or disagree with it.

1. Game Design:

• Beta or Alpha? - it really felt as if I was playing a Alpha version of the game. The game in general looks very basic, not very complex in graphics, features etc.
  • Ambiance - playing the game felt very quiet, no music, not much ambiance at all.
  • Graphics - the LOD of characters and environments looks very low. it gave me the impression of a phone/tablet game, rather than a PC game
  • Lighting - the overall quality of the lighting has a lot of room for improvement, especially at night.
  • HUD - the whole HUD design doesn't look in line with the game aesthetic or game world. the HUD looks more fit for a futuristic type of game, very minimalistic. The icons are very flat, very 2D, again reminding me of tablet/phone games.

2. Game Experience (various feedback in no particular order):

• Map - 3D map looks clunky, confusing and difficult to navigate
  • Compass - a minimap would be much more intuitive for a MMO
  • Looting - why 2 buttons for looting? should be just F and long press F for loot all
  • Looting - after loot inventory opens, you should still be able to loot all by pressing the key, or at least to double click the loot. right now you need to drag each item to your inventory
  • Looting - your inventory should close automatically after looting. currently it stays open
  • Inventory space - why does the gold currency take up inventory space? Will there be more currencies? If yes, will they also take up inventory?
  • R button - why is the third skill on the R button? it should be the middle click. Why does the middle click open the inventory?
  • Hotkeys - default hotkeys should be similar to other MMO's. they are very unintuitive here
  • mouse mode - there should be a mouse mode option/key, so you can hover freely over your HUD for more info etc.
  • Crafting - when crafting window is open, you should be able to double click the ingredients to send them to the crafting slots. Currently you need to drag them manually
  • Crafting - basic crafting materials don't make sense: make a knife = 3 wood, make a pickaxe = 3 wood, make an axe = 3 gold (joking.. still 3 wood)
  • Gathering - gathered materials are scattered around randomly and you need to run around to pick them up. they also disappear pretty fast... why?
  • Gathering - skinning takes ages compared to the rest of gathering, why? why do you run out of stamina before you can skin a deer?
  • Food Bar - what's the point of that? It's a very poorly implemented survival game mechanic that doesn't make sense in this game

This are my thoughts so far about my experience in Crowfall. I'm very curious to hear what you guys think, also thoughts from the Dev's would be interesting to hear.

12 hours ago, sensemille said:

Inventory space - why does the gold currency take up inventory space? Will there be more currencies? If yes, will they also take up inventory?

Because in GvG campaign you loose your inventory, so you will loose your golds :D

12 hours ago, sensemille said:

Crafting - when crafting window is open, you should be able to double click the ingredients to send them to the crafting slots. Currently you need to drag them manually

You can right click