Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510 TEST Feedback for 4/7/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I'm not in love with the screenshake on hits in melee with the new Myrm/Assassin setup. I think it IS good for describing impact, but it would be good to be able to disable it to help prevent motion sickness.

I really like the potential the game has and the unique characters and classes. My biggest complaints/suggestions at the moment is that the combat is not very satisfying and feels a bit dated. I can't help but feel too that the characters have such an interesting diversity on paper, but in practice they just feel a little generic. 

It a good start to a game, however some problems pop with crafting and harvesting. I chopped down a large tree just to get one log. I made a rune crafted knife to find out I needed a trait to use it.

Character creation- too few options not enough variance.

World map -contains useless information a good 2d map would be more useful.

needs mini map and quest tracker

Bad client optimization- i have an average gaming rig get poor fps.

The death part- crow roaming i can see this as a way to spy on pvp matches serves no purpose best to just re-appear at spawn location with fancy crow glowing effect to human

Combat needs more impact both audio and visual

mounts- hitting jump key should make mounts jump higher and further

Loading times are unusually long needs optimziation

looting - best to remove drops on ground and just strait to inventory

Word of warning: I went into this game almost 100% blind. I know next to nothing about it.

Movement animations like running, jumping, gliding, etc. look pretty bad (which is bummer as you do a lot of that in 3rd person games). Combat animations while pretty clearly unfinished, have a good general "feel" to them. I appreciate them not being over the top flashy, I have games for that. They could maybe use a bit more oomph overall, but I can see what the animators are shooting for.

I don't know where the UI element is for tracking quests, but it sure isn't front and center like it probably should be (or I'm blind). I got the hang of the compass at the top for finding my quest that I was working on, but keeping track of what I was doing was always strangely challenging. Also, the main map is worthless or I don't get how to use it.

Tool deterioration and the hunger mechanic also feel out of place and kind of silly. It just feels like another thing that artificially gives me busy work. I'm not super mad about it, but it doesn't feel great.

Trying to harvest animals is really rough sometimes (pull out weapons and attack over and over while the corpse is highlighted rather than harvesting).  I feel like (in general) the amount of input required to harvest either needs to be decreased, or the yields should be increased.

My big gripe: It's kind of a boring starting gameplay loop, I guess I was expecting more of an MMO and less of a survival game? I've done all the gathering to make the things in a lot of other games over the years. I don't know if I'll be building structures or something at some point? But I've kind of done that too. Not to be rude, but what part of this game makes me choose to buy and play it over all the other survival games out there? I'm not saying it should be a "normal MMO" but the first couple hours felt like a pretty barebones survival game.

I don't know, I'll play more over the next few days and look into exactly what the game aims to be, so maybe I'll understand what I'm getting into. So far it seems like it's cool for the right kind of person, but as someone pretty burned out on survival games, this may just not be my brand.

My first character was a wood elf and there was no tutorial. After a few minutes I created a Knight. Tutorial was active, but it was confusing on how to drag and equip powers. Map was also not clear directing character to quest points. 

• Arrowheads can't be experimented on
  • Advanced Arrows can't be experimented on (and also don't stack)
  • Campaign Score card is wrong: unknown.pngunknown.png

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.