Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/8/2021

21 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Character creation: 

• It'd be nice if I didn't have to pick race first, class second, but could also do it the other way around
  • Single-gendered classes should not reset the selection to "male" (also, why are there no female minotaurs or Elken?)
  • zoom in for face and hair selection - I couldn't tell the difference between the three faces

Combat: more range for bows, please - 22 Min. (whatever that's supposed to mean - minutes? minotaurs?) is way too close for my taste. I get one arrow out to trigger the enemy and then have barely enough time to swap weapons before they're up in my face and pummeling me.

Settings: so you're detecting that I'm using a QWERTZ layout - but you can't automagically swap Y and Z for keybindings (e.g. weapon trays)?

Wouldn't an antler-less elken be a doe?

Also the lore talks about minotaurs/elken being created/cursed, not an actual race.

Better bows have more range. You just don't have one yet.

Settings do need more work and character selection could as well.

After watching the April 8th Stream, I felt compelled, yet again <sigh>, to comment on the state of what there is to do in Crowfall outside of siege windows (Pigs, Outposts, WT, Harvest, yada yada).

• Activities are oversimplified: What is available for players to engage in are tasks that have been boiled down to extreme basics. Run pig from A to B. Kill guards, stand in circle. Find rock, Hit rock. Kill disorganized, easy NPC spawn. There's no additional complexity to these activities. There are no layers to the gameplay.
  • Activities do not regularly drive conflict: Players are not consistently brought into direct competition over objectives. Resource spawns are plentiful and spread out all over the map so that one can generally harvest in peace if they so desire, especially if they're a stealth class. It's not terribly difficult to find time or space to avoid players while farming WT, running pigs, or doing other things. Beyond this, though, the incentives are primarily aligned to AVOID conflict. If I'm farming WT mobs, I want to get my stuff and get away. Conflict with other players wastes time, it wastes effort, and it risks my gains. The game is actively telling players: don't fight.
  • Activities lack presentation: It's the same biome, same parcels, same villages, same camps, same canyons, same forests. There's very few parcels that show interesting features or creative flair. Mobs spawn in disorganized masses that mill about aimlessly. Resources are scattered around the map randomly. Consider WT Chiefs as an example: they don't appear, behave, or interact significantly different than any other WT mob. If these are 'bosses': they should have a lair. They should be surrounded by a vanguard. They should behave in unique ways in combat. They should have SOMETHING about their presentation that makes me think, wow this is different and exciting. All of these things would make fighting over chief spawns far more interesting. Instead they feel like every other WT mob with greater health and damage.
  • Activities only become enjoyable when other players show up: This is the "players are our content" soundbyte. Standing for 5 minutes in an outpost circle while nothing happens is boredom realized. The main issue here is that you first have to motivate players to go pursue activities, which they currently are not motivated to do because of the above reasons. If players don't find these activities engaging, it becomes a circular argument: activities not fun so no players, no players so activities not fun. It is unsustainable.
  • The gameplay loop is repetitive and lacks variation: Nothing about the activities changes. The rewards may change if divine favor cards highlight them. But what one can do is always the same: farm mobs, crush rocks, run pigs, cap outposts. Players are asked to do these tasks, over and over again, with no variety. What events do exist are lacking, and suffer from much of the same criticisms above. What is needed is events that offer more unique gameplay experiences with better presentation quality that place players in direct competition and rewards them for engagement.

It all just boils down to this: It's not fun. I chose to back Crowfall because I believed it had potential to re-capture some of the magic from MMOs of the past that I enjoyed, like DAOC. I believed Crowfall's campaigns were a unique take on RvR competition. I still believe Crowfall can realize the potential it has. I understand you guys are probably overwhelmed. I understand there's always more you want to do. But in the last year and half that I've been playtesting Crowfall, this feedback has been constant. It does not feel that these issues have gotten, or are getting, the attention they need to make Crowfall successful. 

9 hours ago, Brautigan said:

I can kind of understand the reasoning behind removing general chat from the dregs campaign, but it's really difficult to try and help/communicate with new players (especially in other factions) on the infected server.

We spent a little time tonight wandering around infected zones and trying to help players. Hardly anyone communicated in faction chat, for some reason my Kingdom chat wasn't working, and because there's no general all we could do with other factions was jump around and emote. A functional way to communicate and talk with other players, especially when there are so many new people would seem critical to answering questions and keeping them engaged so that they might actually stay in the game and see that there is an active population of players willing to help and join (or even fight) and it's not just an empty void of a map where you just run around to kill NPCs and take outposts..

There actually IS a GENERAL chat if people know how to get there... Type /JOIN "GENERAL" and yer there, but it's pretty empty unless lots of folks do that. Spelling counts AND you need the double quotes on both sides of GENERAL. So far. it seems I have to rejoin each time I log out, or switch characters.

macdeath_sig.png

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

Also the lore talks about minotaurs/elken being created/cursed, not an actual race.

She doesn't have to be antler-less, she could just have smaller antlers. Also, different head and body shape. But "they were created/cursed" is such a cheap reason to not have females of a race. Even more so when there's four male-only races and not a single female-only one.

Inventory: if there is some way to split stacks, e.g. so I don't have to sacrifice 26 hides for a quest, I haven't found it yet. If there isn't, there should be.

Eternal Kingdom: it's nice that I get my own little area to build a home base. Or at least it would be, if I actually could build something there. Maybe give the player a blueprint for a small hut after they've done the tutorial for the area? And none of the NPCs there seem to be selling blueprints for buildings, so I don't know where I'm supposed to get those from. (And if it's in one of the many books I had to read - maybe keep them readable after the quest is finished?)

Edited by Bibliothekar
1 minute ago, MacDeath said:

There actually IS a GENERAL chat if people know how to get there... Type /JOIN "GENERAL" and yer there, but it's pretty empty unless lots of folks do that. Spelling counts AND you need the double quotes on both sides of GENERAL. So far. it seems I have to rejoin each time I log out, or switch characters.

That's a pretty crappy workaround that no new player is going to do.

1 hour ago, MacDeath said:

Trust me I've tried today and last night a million different ways and I still can't join these newly created "General" chats. It never works. ;( We just need to bring back the regular General chat. If people want to leave the chat they can do that. Nobody is forced to read it but for the rest of us, it's a huge help towards community building and helping the game feel alive.

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

Better bows have more range. You just don't have one yet.

Settings do need more work and character selection could as well.

No an Elk without antlers is just a female Elk. This is true for most animals with antlers.

Edited by Leiloni

It sucks to have Ice Armorer's Ice Armory count against the 5 ice limit, and wipe out all your stable, cooling, etc. ice.
It already has a cooldown, so can't be spammed. It should just be its own set of 5, and removes only its previous instances if re-cast.