Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510 TEST Feedback for 4/8/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjUU8xAmRqk

Link shows how to capture the castle in the first few minutes solo, making it so, that your whole team could literally just die and respawn inside of the closed castle and stock up on the mobs by buying Legogear, before anyone else is even able to enter the Castlearea.

To win this match in the end was not intended, but dergs happens right? Since my Bugreport a few weeks ago ended up in "Intended Mechanic", I added a screenshot of that post to the end of the Vid, because its not available in this forums anymore :)

I still doubt that its intended to win like this

Edited by Makuza

Hunger should not determine every match.

unknown.png

You end with teams with 0 kills 17 deaths winning.

The hunger should close to about 20/30m diameter and then force players to fight it out.

Once it is this small, start giving players a stacking debuff to PHM or give a stacking debuff to PDM(IE make it harder to heal, or make players do more and more damage).

Edited by Ussiah

I've been watching Crowfall for a few years since it started getting a few peeps here and there on mmorpg.com.  Today was my first day in-game.  I think my favorite thing was the sound design around the picking-up the drops from mats that were harvested.  I only had time to get to level 7 or so on two characters, one an assassin, the other a guardian or champion.  I know the grand design of Crowfall is different.  But for the first 30 min. of gameplay it is extremely typical no-challenge fetch quest tutorial stuff.  Movement feels extremely slow and the first mount doesn't feel much faster than spamming attack, sprint, attack, sprint, dodge, dodge, etc.  So many games with good potential lose players on those first 30 min. to an hour.  Start me off with starter gear and tools or let me learn it dynamically when I try it out and let the "tutorial" aspects play out independent of NPC interaction.  In the first ten minutes of play beyond character generation, a player should be making decisions to overcome obstacles.  With the assassin I didn't even have to use any ability to fight mobs, I just held down R-mouse.  Why bother with the other stuff if I don't need it.  Mid-game and end-game might be awesome.  I hope it is.  But early game needs some major adjustments to include some genuine engagement.  I've only got a pinch  of time in game, so I'll leave it at that.  Everything else felt standard fair for an MMORPG so far.  It was nice to be able to jump into all gathering types and basic crafting so quickly.

Well hello everyone, 

so today i played like about 2-3 hours in total and wanna give you my first thoughts and things i think are good or not that good.

So first off all i like the character creation a lot. Because it has a lot of room to offer espacially trough your many classes and special races which are available. Overall character design could be more individual which means more detailed. For example more Body and Face custimizations like eyes or so. Graphics are overall pretty smooth and nice to look at where i think the design is awesome. I found smaller problems were the objects or buildings are disappearing in front of me. Also nice are the loading screen pictures and hints. Makes the life in loading scenes more workable with. I found slight issues if i wanted to connect to a Eu West server were i got disconnected all the time i tried to connect ^^. I hope there is an "keep me log in button" in the launcher soon because always loggin me in if the game chrashes or i turn it off makes me kinda sad. The Placement system for buildings is very good espacially so you dont have to decied if you wanna build a wall or a tower or a farm house or something like that. you can get both which is good. the vasal system is pretty nice so you can decied which one is playing on your map or kingdom. i personally like the crafting system a lot, its easy and simple but hard to master fully. the food system is also very simple and clear to understood.

I enjoyed my first hours playing the game and i look forward to play it a lot more in the future :D

I find myself looking for a cursor mode, but could not find one.

The icon of the Duelist class in the talent tree do not match the icons on the hotbar which I find confusing.

The quick loading into game is a blessing though!

Edited by Santouryuu

@jtoddcoleman Regarding the tech you talked about during the livestream (the recent change to Assassin and Myrmidon melee powers), could it be applied to harvesting as well?  The timing and flow of harvesting could be improved quite a bit if the "hit" part of the power synched up with the striking part of the animation, instead of at the very beginning of the left-click.  The is especially true when it comes to hitting (and missing) weak points.  The two items below might better explain what I mean:

Spoiler

0tfpxId.png

Thanks!

Edited by Hyriol

The game is pretty cool.
But, I am going to use this space to say what I think could improve about the little I tested of the game.
There should be a shortcut to the quest window.
The current quest (s) running should appear somewhere on the screen.
As the game works in 3rd person, it could be released to look further afield (more zoomout).
I also thought that you have a lot of skills for a game that you already have to use WASD to move. You already lose 4 buttons to move, it is very complicated to use skills until the 0 button and still move. Maybe if the number of possible skills to use was smaller, like 5 skills, it would be more viable for more casual players and players who play several games at the same time.

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned and locked this topic