Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/9/2021

I'd recommend not having the Combat Log report fully absorbed heals as damage, I'm not sure why it'd do this but it'd help things like the parser truly reflect what's happening.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm getting really tired of reporting a TON of bugs and getting confused faces on them. If my bug says "when I push this button it doesn't work" how is that confusing? It might be time you start typin

The slow down when you jump on a mount feels really terrible. Also, and this is not specific to changes in 6.5, land rush for the start of a dregs campaign should be tweaked to require some pvp t

^^ This. It absolutely should not be on the interact menu at all. We can do it from the Alliance UI.

CRAFTING: Need to make all recipes available while in the field, blacksmithing, necro, alchemy, wood, etc. Right now, when I'm in Moon Temple zone, my crafting book only shows basic recipes when I'm not interacting with a crafting station. 

Runic Weapons are terrible and not worth doing.

They have been nerfed to provide very little benefits considering they are supposed to be the end game weapons.

57 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Runic Weapons are terrible and not worth doing.

They have been nerfed to provide very little benefits considering they are supposed to be the end game weapons.

The largest issues is that they have increased difficulty to craft, on top of our already nerfed crafting stats, AND they add 2 additional lines to experiment on, the %DMG buff and the Attribute Line. So our final combine would have 10 pips for each of all stats, damage, FDM, Attribute, Durability. That is 50 pips when we have at most 20 or so. You never want to put points into anything other than damage and all stats.

Remove experimentation from the attribute and FDM at all stages, including the runecrafting stages.

grant the stats they would give at max based on durability, like seals, or metal bars.

Have these stats fall under "all stats" on the final combine.

Also, add in an option for healing modifier as well.

aeei5jG.png

On 4/10/2021 at 4:51 AM, Erathric said:

Then I tried to craft better tools for harvesting. After some experimentation, it seems that I needed a runecrafting station. However, I couldn't equip the runecrafted tool because I lacked the appropriate skill. I haven't yet figured out how to get it

As a returning player this was confusing as well ( been over 2 years) it would have been helpful to know I would need a exploration disc and where to find them to equipped the intermediate harvesting tools.

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

I don't think there's enough basic information regarding the progression of gathering and crafting.

A quick quest to point a new player to the exploration disc vendor would help.  The quest should also mention how to advance disciplines using copies and the runemaking table as well as the importance of the specialty tools.  

It would be helpful to improve the visibility of interactables, at least as an option.  This can take the form of highlighting the item at its border or a glow that makes it pop more visibly like high ranked trees/ores/stones.

It's easy to miss things like crafting tables and sacrifice statues (unlike the pyres) and those fountains that give you refreshing/food.

1 hour ago, Otto said:

As a returning player this was confusing as well ( been over 2 years) it would have been helpful to know I would need a exploration disc and where to find them to equipped the intermediate harvesting tools.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:51 AM, Erathric said:

When I left the tutorial world and started on Infected EU 1, I was planning on making some progress in crafting. However, I didn't know how to proceed. Firstly, I didn't find out where to find any crafting stations. Later I kind of figured out that crafting stations are mostly in castles and hardly in smaller fortifications. Secondly, I didn't find many vendors. Then I tried to craft better tools for harvesting. After some experimentation, it seems that I needed a runecrafting station. However, I couldn't equip the runecrafted tool because I lacked the appropriate skill. I haven't yet figured out how to get it. Apparently there are also crafting utility belts and more tools but I didn't find out how to get them.

This article explains the particulars of Exploration Discipline advancement. For a quick rundown in harvesting advancement, you start with the vendor white disc and intermediate tools crafted at a Runemaking station. Harvesting nodes in the Infected server have a chance to drop green versions of the discipline. Once you have the green version, you can also buy the green specialty belt from the Exploration vendor. Keep harvesting until you have enough disciplines to upgrade to the purple discipline (it is recommended to go white -> green -> purple. It takes 3 greens to make a blue, and 3 blues to make a purple, so you need 9 greens + the 1 you equipped for the belt, for a total of 10. You would have to farm 13 green disciplines if you equip the blue). Once you have the purple discipline, you can equip advanced runetools and then you can harvest like a pro while collecting discs to upgrade your belt and purple disc to legendary.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

It really feels like it's passed time to set down class balance for an extended period and all-hands gameloops and logistics.

Import/Export next patch, combined with better server logistics, revert back to better player vendor setups, clearer signposting for what is where, and we absolutely have to have recruiting within game for guilds. 

Maybe a way within faction/god to list your guild so people can peruse the browser info for guilds and apply in-game. Then guild leaders need to see that stuff in-game and be able to read applications and accept/reject in-game.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/guilds/search guild recruitment signposts in faction temples

https://crowfall.com/en-US/guild/overview - guild details from here in-game, let us write recruitment/info/application buttons

I'd add, guild number, alliance memberships, historical placement in dregs, dregs played, export slots won, etc.

ALL IN GAME PLEASE!

Edited by McTan
41 minutes ago, McTan said:

It really feels like it's passed time to set down class balance for an extended period and all-hands gameloops and logistics.

Import/Export next patch, combined with better server logistics, revert back to better player vendor setups, clearer signposting for what is where, and we absolutely have to have recruiting within game for guilds. 

Maybe a way within faction/god to list your guild so people can peruse the browser info for guilds and apply in-game. Then guild leaders need to see that stuff in-game and be able to read applications and accept/reject in-game.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/guilds/search guild recruitment signposts in faction temples

https://crowfall.com/en-US/guild/overview - guild details from here in-game, let us write recruitment/info/application buttons

I'd add, guild number, alliance memberships, historical placement in dregs, dregs played, export slots won, etc.

ALL IN GAME PLEASE!

Several new players I've talked with in the last week thought it was absurd that they have to go outside of the game to look for and apply to a guild.  

Level 1 - 18:

This experience us underwhelming, monotonous, and boring.  It does have strengths though, at no point does it ask me to collect wolf ears that mysteriously don't drop.  The level 1 - 18 experience follows a well thought out plan to teach you game mechanics.  You walk to an NPC who teaches you something about the game, such as running pack pigs, and once learned you are off to some one else to learn another mechanic.

I would be more than happy to let it stay more or less what it is now other than some how increasing the "fun factor."  I can complete that experience on a new character in less than an hour it seems.  The problem is simply that there is no reason to do any of it, beyond gaining access to the next area.  That, in itself, is inherently not fun.

Further, even after having read and completed the pack pig quest, once I made it to a world where I could actually perform that activity, I still didn't really know how to do it, let alone find the pigs.  It isn't explained very well that you have to find the pigs at a location in the world by deciphering the map.  Being unknown to me, I had to give up on this experience before figuring out where the pigs spawned.  I'm fine with the game NEVER teaching me how to run pack pigs, and having to learn that somehow in the world.  But it felt weird to be confused about it when the game had supposedly "taught" me.

Currently, I would be more than happy to see a prompt upon character creation to bump the character to level 18 as there is little to no benefit having completed that area more than once.

A possible fix would be to tailor the 1-18 zones to the specific classes you pick.  Along with teaching you game mechanics for the new players, it should teach you the intended design behind some of your abilities.  For example, a confessor could have a quest in the 1-18 zones on applying sin and purging it with fire.  This would make the bracket a little more class specific and interesting, especially if there was storyline copy in the quest dialogues that showcase quotes such as "Tell me of your sins..." or other class specific dialogue.   

I understand that this is a sandbox and players are expected to build their characters as they see fit.  But, there are builds that work well and builds that don't.  It would be nice to see new players directed towards common builds that work as class designers intended instead of randomly guessing and hoping with little to know knowledge of the game.  New players can then revise their builds from that point, hopefully with a single free respec, and can then be expected to cough up the 15 bucks to further their characters more.

On respecs, I would also like to see one free respec per character for non VIP accounts.  Points applied to incorrect places are detrimental to a characters performance.  To a person trying the game without VIP, this could be a show stopping frustration.  I imagine a respec button on your talent screen that prompts you with a "You can only do this once" warning.  After that, the VIP charge for respecs seems fine to me.

Allowing one respec lets a player put some abilities to the test for the first time without having to lock themselves into a build.  Obtaining level 30 would earn you the one free respec, where you could actually try an intended build with some knowledge of how abilities functioned.

I myself simply leveled a second character to counter this, but I'm having trouble imagining myself convincing my family to do the same.  So far, my family and friends are planning on coming with me on this throne war adventure, but I can see losing them quickly when they immediately break their characters and have to cough up 15 bucks or start over.

18-30: 

This bracket is where you get to start to use your abilities!  Less running around and talking and more attempting to exist in the world.  I don't have much input on this bracket.  It seems to me to be at a good spot of new character leveling haze.  I'd like to see a level 30 with a little gear to be generally useful in the guild for what it is expected to do.  It seems it's close to that point now, if not there already.  Good job, where ever it's at, it feels comfortably weak.

This bracket gives you a chance to play your character a little bit against other players who have just played their character a little bit.  There doesn't seem to be any good benefit for the geared 30+ characters to come here and stomp the others around them.  The sandbox allows them to come here if they want, I would imagine to help newer players level for the first time, but leaves them wishing to be in more beneficial worlds.

This a good spot for this mechanic to sit, imho.

Their uber geared PvP characters can stay in the campaigns while their alts can exist in the infected for guildies.  There will of course be crows who vehemently work on their infected characters to have as much as an advantage as possible while playing in the infected worlds.  So be the sandbox.  Mechanically, the game pushes you towards the campaign for further benefit for your characters, but allows you into the infected to play with lesser experienced friends  (With less prepared vessels as your main vessels are locked to the campaign).  This is a good position for this mechanic to be in, my hope is that we don't end up developing away from it, purposefully or not.

30+  The Campaigns:

I'm not in a great position to review this area of play, as I don't have enough playtime in it.  I do have two gripes I would like to convey.

Gripe One - Alts

Firstly, it's easy to see that alts are important.  Mechanically as a gamestate, this is perfectly fine.  Alts are beneficial, as they should be.  Good guys and bad guys will all be using alts to further their purposes.  The most hardcore will have an alt for everything including: Solo PvP, teamfights, multiple crafters, haulers, and more.

Again, this is fine as a gamestate and the mere fact that this is occurring means something great for the game.  However, it does serve to pull me out of suspension of disbelief for the part about this game that is the "Throne War Simulator."  It's much harder for me to imagine my self as the Confessor or Duelist, if I am constantly having to use alts to do separate things. (Which I will do, due to it's obvious advantages.)  The mere fact that every one will correctly build a character specifically for a task makes it nearly impossible to imagine myself in the world as my character.  The necessity of alts makes this mild roleplay difficult to achieve.  I can't think of myself as a confessor if I only use it for team fights where it's good.

"But, hey you are a crow and not your vessel."  I get it, but nobody dreamed about being the crow as they were fighting a dragon while adorned with shining armor, matching longsword, and shield.  I'm sure there are others who don't really wish to imagine themselves as the crow, but more as the character.  The Crow to us, is simply the explanation as why we exist in this world as a vessel.  The experience we are looking for in the "Throne War Simulator" is that of the vessel and not the Crow constantly switching vessels.

A possible fix for this is a campaign where you are only allowed one character.  As I understand, rulesets for campaigns will be wildly different from one campaign to the next.  (Including possible full death campaigns where you are out when you die!)  A campaign only allowing 1 character import would force players to use that one character for all tasks, require relationships with other characters for crafting or combat, and further allow fun memories of that time we the confessor in a throne war.  (Wildly different, than that time I was a confessor, duelist, myrmidon, leatherworker, woodworker, stonemason, hauler, and whatever else I deem an alt necessary for.)

Gripe two - PvP

In the last campaign that was closed, I noticed that when going out for PvP of some fashion, on death my inventory would drop, but my gear wouldn't.

The death punishment for PvP'ers is far too light in comparison to vessels conducting PvE.

For example, If I am working on my character I am collecting goods through various means to craft, purchase better equipment, or work on our structures. (A mechanic I have not been involved in yet.)  As the sheep, I have all my progress in my inventory.  Upon death I lose all that progress.

The PvP'er as the attacker has emptied their inventory save for 1 bandage and one piece of food.  The PvP'er has also put on their best gear for this fight.

If the Sheep loses.  He loses his play sessions progress to the PvP'er.  The PvP'er laughs their way to the bank and stores your stuff.

If the PvP'er loses, they drop only a bandage and a piece of food, while taking slight durability damage to their powerful equipped gear.

The risk to going out and improving your character is currently very high, while the PvP'er who wishes to kill them and take their stuff suffers very little risk at all.  Simply the durability of his equipped gear and a tiny inventory that costs nothing.

A possible fix to this is to drop gear too.  Subject to balance, imo, a good starting point is a 50% gear drop rate.  If you die, you have a 50% chance to drop each piece of gear.  (On average half your gear drops on death, all of it takes durability damage.)  In the previous campaign there was simply no reason to not wear your best gear at all times.  Dropping gear on death not only adds to the currently non existent risk to the PvP'er, but adds choice to the game in the aspect of which gear are you going to put on for this fight.  Added risk of better gear adds more reward.  Again, currently you gain the reward with little to no risk and there is no reason for a PvP'er with no inventory not to take a fight as their gear, the only items they have on the vessel, is safe from dropping.

Conclusion:

You are building something great here and it is just about there.  Thank you for building this great concept of a game for our PvP community.  I can only hope that further development maintains the amazing interactive mechanics with improvement instead of destruction.  At this stage of the game it seems easy to develop away from the great thing that it already is.  Keep up the good work, watch out for EA, and as I'm sure Gordon Walton knows, never drop hints.

Edited by Tenriak
3 hours ago, Brautigan said:

Several new players I've talked with in the last week thought it was absurd that they have to go outside of the game to look for and apply to a guild.  

It is absurd for a released game and I'm sure a fix for this is on this beta's development path.  We can't forget that it is currently still beta.

Edited by Tenriak

Titan Berserk is bugged. Per Titan upgrade it should be healing based on the amount of damage done however it still heals like old berserk for 100% of all incoming damage.

Death:
The death experience is one of the best experiences around.  You aren't immediately locked out of gameplay which is nice.  Press a button and you are a crow with an objective and goal.  No waiting on anything else, get to a statue, rez, and you are back in the game.  The death experience is full of activity and goals along with the added benefit of a flight form for travel if you deem it needed.

Overall, the death experience is a mechanically pleasant one that effectively punishes you for dying without locking you out of the game and allows more skilled players to return to the fight in a more timely manner and better equipment than lesser skilled players.

I would request to raise the camera slightly following the crow so it's not blowing frost particles in my face constantly.

Also, I should be able to press a button to land on the statue as I wait for the timer.  Some sort of artistic mini game here would be nice. (Or... no timer.  Why a timer at all?  In a game very well designed to keep players playing the game.  Why is there a rez timer?)

Edited by Tenriak
added last two sentences.

Because it is. It's not difficult to code a guild system into the game, especially when the work is already done on the website. Every single popular/successful game has an in game guild system including new player acquisition and operations management. Absolutely wild that Crowfall forces you to the website to guild up. 

Edited by ZeroGum
21 hours ago, JunoReactor said:

6. Kill the Vessels

I get where you're going with the vessels, and it's clever -- however it's a form of power creep that is not easy for players.  If you're looking to create a competitive game where skill determines fight, then Vessels is not it.  The level+stat bonuses provided by vessels gives competitive advantage to time played, rather than skill level.  The same can be said for gear, but the vessels take it up level or three.  I can farm gear drops, and maybe get by with sucky crafting skills for a little while -- but there's no easy option for getting to level 35, not even considering some of these god-tier stat vessels.

Btw you know the difference between lvl 30 and 35 is a whole 250hp right? which is often less than 1 left click.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

11 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Btw you know the difference between lvl 30 and 35 is a whole 250hp right? which is often less than 1 left click.

Stat's don't go up at all?

22 minutes ago, ZeroGum said:

Because it is. It's not difficult to code a guild system into the game, especially when the work is already done on the website. Every single popular/successful game has an in game guild system including new player acquisition and operations management. Absolutely wild that Crowfall forces you to the website to guild up. 

Well, lets think about this for a second.  Why was the guild mechanism implemented as a web application in the first place?  Remember, we are still in closed beta.  I imagine the web application was implemented long before the game code was ready for any kind of guild system.

Coding the guild system in a web application using a sql database is far easier than doing the same in unity with c# in an alpha/beta build that will go through many numerous changes and iterations.  So, I imagine they created the web application before the game client was near ready, and it being beta, it is simply on the list of needed updates.  Since it works, there isn't a reason to update it for a beta.  development time of their small team can be then allocated to places that need work and are unfunctional.  

An in game guild system is a quality of life improvement and not a pressing necessity at this time.  At least in my opinion.  It works, and that is fine for now.

"Absolutely wild that Crowfall forces you to the website to guild up. " - you are playing an unfinished game.

Edited by Tenriak
48 minutes ago, Tenriak said:

Stat's don't go up at all?

Well, lets think about this for a second.  Why was the guild mechanism implemented as a web application in the first place?  Remember, we are still in closed beta.  I imagine the web application was implemented long before the game code was ready for any kind of guild system.

Coding the guild system in a web application using a sql database is far easier than doing the same in unity with c# in an alpha/beta build that will go through many numerous changes and iterations.  So, I imagine they created the web application before the game client was near ready, and it being beta, it is simply on the list of needed updates.  Since it works, there isn't a reason to update it for a beta.  development time of their small team can be then allocated to places that need work and are unfunctional.  

An in game guild system is a quality of life improvement and not a pressing necessity at this time.  At least in my opinion.  It works, and that is fine for now.

"Absolutely wild that Crowfall forces you to the website to guild up. " - you are playing an unfinished game.

You dont gain bonus stats off leveling or talent points after 30, you get 50 hp however and thats it from the leveling process it realy just unlock the abiolity to use the next vessel up quality which will provide you with maybe a 5% increase in stats from the previous one (with exception of the first upgrade form starter vessels cause the starter vessels r bad)

Your vessel itself has some stats on it but thats just like how equipment has stats on it in that regards (only huge difference is between ur basic vessel you start with and the very first crafted one) after that the increase might be like 0.5-2 in each stat per vessel upgrade. which is probaly similiar power increase as getting a better quality weapon.

You can buy white vessel cheaply easily in Eks aswell and even green ones.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

47 minutes ago, Tenriak said:

Since it works, there isn't a reason to update it for a beta. 

And yet here you are defending a system that many say are broken for not being part of the game. If it worked this discussion would not be happening. Mind blowing eh?