Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510 TEST Feedback for 4/9/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Easy leveling which is nice. The crafting seemed a bit too grindy at least from a guildless perspective. Getting over learning curves, I spent a couple hours trying to get the resources to craft a wepon and didn't even manage that. I eventually realized the way to go was to grind mobs until they drop the loot I'm looking for.

Still more to explore and understand on my end but so far; from a solo players perspective seems overwhelming to get into crafting. I'm hoping you've taken a page from Shadowbane and allow resource caps (mines/lumber mills) to feed guilds resources to enable players to craft in bulk. (Rather than solely relying on the players to gather) In this way objectives would be greatly incentivized. This mechanic would allow more time can be taken to play the game and not just grind out resources.

I enjoy the callbacks from Shadowbane in some of the games mechanics as well as some of the interpretations of Crowfall's own mechanics regarding Shadowbane's. I LOVED Shadowbane and Crowfall makes me feel at home. However, I was disappointed to see how little doing objectives earns your character and would like to see more insentive; the above mentioned, and another example was the top player on the leaderboards had all their points from crafting and far surpassed anyone on the boards that was PvPing or taking objectives. 

Sending more thoughts your way as I go, the first of many. Thanks for the great game, can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Have just played for a short time, but I feel like it would be better to have the option to freely sheathe/unsheathe weapon instead of waiting to sheathe. This should be helpful for 'after-fight' resource gathering (or misclick), not to mention the different movement speed between sheathed/unsheathed stance.

So far so good though. I'm still learning the crafting mechanic, there should be a repair option somewhere right?

9 hours ago, Nubsauceey said:

I'm hoping you've taken a page from Shadowbane and allow resource caps (mines/lumber mills) to feed guilds resources to enable players to craft in bulk. 

While I didn't play Shadowbane, I believe the caravan system in the game fills this role (you may have encountered caravans during the tutorial quest).  In the main pvp campaigns, running caravans can provide ingots, timber, and boulders; building materials which be refined down into bulk crafting resources.  That, combined with the upcoming factory system, should provide the mass production systems you might be looking for.

Also of note, crafting, along with most other activities in the game, is designed with groups and guilds in mind.  "Crowfall: Join a guild!"