Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510 TEST Feedback for 4/10/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

This is CC in Crowfall. CC classes have so many CCs you literally cant play the game. There are arbiters here removing my stam and I get about one retaliate per minute. I retaliate one time at 4 seconds and the next time I can retaliate is at 33 seconds when I even get to half stam. I then retaliate at 46 seconds and cant again until 1:32. After I don't get enough stam to retaliate until 2:09. It then got drained and I do not get to retaliate again. Where is the diminishing return? It does kick in one time and give me 2 second immunity at 2:30 but that's after I have been chain CCed for minutes and its 2 seconds. Why can this happen in a 2v2? I think most of the community agrees that the retaliate change was good but we need to look at the classes and start removing some CCs. This is unplayable especially as a myrm. Only class that is ok is Champ with the retaliate refund and we don't need more reasons champ is the best dps.

I was CCed 29 times in 3 minutes and 40 seconds. I get CCed on average once every 7.5 seconds. Average duration of a CC is what 3 seconds? This does not factor in time running back to the target after they get some distance on you. Which means 40% of game time is CCed.... in a 2v2.

Edited by Balathan
1 hour ago, Balathan said:

This is CC in Crowfall. CC classes have so many CCs you literally cant play the game. There are arbiters here removing my stam and I get about one retaliate per minute. I retaliate one time at 4 seconds and the next time I can retaliate is at 33 seconds when I even get to half stam. I then retaliate at 46 seconds and cant again until 1:32. After I don't get enough stam to retaliate until 2:09. It then got drained and I do not get to retaliate again. Where is the diminishing return? It does kick in one time and give me 2 second immunity at 2:30 but that's after I have been chain CCed for minutes and its 2 seconds. Why can this happen in a 2v2? I think most of the community agrees that the retaliate change was good but we need to look at the classes and start removing some CCs. This is unplayable especially as a myrm. Only class that is ok is Champ with the retaliate refund and we don't need more reasons champ is the best dps.

I was CCed 29 times in 3 minutes and 40 seconds. I get CCed on average once every 7.5 seconds. Average duration of a CC is what 3 seconds? This does not factor in time running back to the target after they get some distance on you. Which means 42% of game time is CCed.... in a 2v2.

The cost of retaliate needs to be reduced. I think bringing the cost down to 50 would greatly improve game play. Another option could be to increase total Stamina for all races. There could be more disciplines that give CC immunity after x stuns or knockdowns/extra retaliates. The changes made to stop R spammers are great, now let's tune Retaliate and call it a day.

Un, the fact everyone has CC makes it so CC classes need to output an Insane amount of CC to stand out.

My warden can literally shut down a whole party alone. With the latest change it can stun 5 players every 4 secs, not counting the normal traps I can still use and the 2 other base powers with (single target) CC.

Barbs with Scrapper are also insane. And I just learned Cleric Control got stam redux a few hours ago, lol my first thought was 'that is gonna be cancer'. Vandal is strong as custard this build.

I have no prob with single target melee cc powers. The dude have to aim at you in the middle of combat and that isnt that easy, plus the dude aint going nowhere. Once u get back up he is still just where he was before, u can come back swinging.

Put one of that away and it is cancer.

Press 1 button for AOE CC. Barbs. They were bad before and could actually out cc my warden enough that I stayed in the ground. That BEFORE the stam change. I havent fought one yet this patch, and I hope I dont. Warden too, it is sorta of a one button thing. Once Trap Master is on you gotta have to really screw up for it not to trigger a lot.

Ranged with CC. It is bad. You already have to deal with the whole chasing thing, and adding cc on top of that is just 'custard this game'. Bow Warden. There is a reason it is common as hell in small scale. The whole thing with all clerics in-game being ranged doesnt sit well with me either. Ranged is an advantage, it is about time the game acknowledge that.

This needs to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr get fixed.

I've looking to create a different race/class character to try out and some of what I see just doesn't make sense. As expected, the Giant race has high strength but low intellect and two pf the available classes depend on strength, but the third class is Cleric, which is based on intellect, so a giant would not be as effective a cleric as other races with high intelligence.

Conversely, a High-Elf has high intellect and low strength and two of the available classes depend on intellect, but it also includes the Knight class, which depends on strength and would be a poor choice, but doesn't include cleric, which should be a good fit.

So Giants should be allowed to be Knights instead of Clerics and High-Elves should be allowed to be Clerics instead of Knights. There are similar issues with classes that depend on dexterity.

One thing that I find annoying is that if return to the character select screen and then minimize the window to work on something else, the music keeps playing over and over again in the background. Most games will mute the sound when the game isn't the front window or will at least make it an option. I've had to turn down the music to 5% to make it less annoying.

Neckbreaker still overpowered and ruining the game. This is from 6.510 on test but its unchanged. If we're not going to nerf it can we at least make ults not charge out of combat so people cant walk into a fight with 2 neckbreakers precharged? Would be better for the game if ultimates were built up during combat. No one has fun dying to an Alpha who hit them with 3 ults in 10 seconds if they even last that long. Did I mention its auto crit AoE?

unknown.png

Edited by Balathan

The target and reticle highlighting does not take into account the aim assist.

In the image below, I have hit the mob from the aimed position:

image.png

This gives you no indication of where the aim assist ends and becomes even worse when there are multiple targets.

As in the below:

source.gif

No idea which of the dummies I am hitting or when I am too far and hitting a wall. 

I would extend the target outline to include aim assist. 

A separate issue, but involving targeting and apparent in the clip above:

You may also want to consider making the highlight of the target bolder when the attack has "committed" to a target until damage is done.  Make the "committed" highlight separate from the current target highlight, but have a higher priority than the current target highlight.  If a player is aiming at the same target, a stronger highlighted target is seen the whole time (the attack is going and it is still the current target). However, if they mouse over a second target in the time period between "lock on" and damage, they will see what their current target is AND that their current attack is going to still hit their first target.

The only problem I see is that the target may "flash" too much on a single target between when damage is done and another attack is "locked", transitioning from the bold to normal highlight.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:31 PM, Balathan said:

I was CCed 29 times in 3 minutes and 40 seconds. I get CCed on average once every 7.5 seconds. Average duration of a CC is what 3 seconds? This does not factor in time running back to the target after they get some distance on you. Which means 40% of game time is CCed.... in a 2v2.

Follow up on this point. Below is a fight that was so long and painful that I only was able to clip the end of it but the CC levels were unimaginable. We talked about it afterwards and both teams thought they were unable to play due to CC spam. Please ACE save us from the CC spam. Dont revert the retaliate change, it is not the problem. Its the CC, every class has way to many.

I'd rather deal with R macros than this new retaliate system. Who would be entertained by a fight where the combatants spend 50% of the time sitting on the ground? If CC is going to be the hot new meta, take it off non CC classes and let the CC classes shine.  Like the video above shows, it's still not meaningful, it's now just a race to reduce your opponents' stamina first and then go ham on them when they get caught in the 10 second CC where all they get to do is watch themselves die.

Also I would like to point out that paladin should be reduced to mail like all the other healers. I've messed solely with supports and seen it all, paladin has waaaay more survivability than any other healer and also gets to block without the stamina drain, which this update also hurt stamina blocking really bad (see paragraph above). Every other healer feels balanced in mail, you're not super squishy but you have to pay attention, and paladin feels like it lacks that danger. We ran those same comps with crusaders and tried earthkeeper as well in place, and they just got dumpstered.

9 hours ago, Balathan said:

Follow up on this point. Below is a fight that was so long and painful that I only was able to clip the end of it but the CC levels were unimaginable. We talked about it afterwards and both teams thought they were unable to play due to CC spam. Please ACE save us from the CC spam. Dont revert the retaliate change, it is not the problem. Its the CC, every class has way to many.

I like the new way CC and Retaliate works. I also would suggest to not change it but to prune most CC from the non 'CC' promotions.

aeei5jG.png

5 hours ago, Yoink said:

I like the new way CC and Retaliate works. I also would suggest to not change it but to prune most CC from the non 'CC' promotions.

Agree. Need to prune.
IMO:

1. Classes should only have one root or suppress in their base tree. Slows aren't an issue so can give those out as far as im concerned.
  2. CC Classes: Should get an(as in one) extra CC that is a hard CC(knockdown/stun) and that CC should "exhaust"
  3. Any Discs CC should be single target.
Edited by Ussiah