Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know about leading to failure, but playing the game is a very isolated experience right now. Which is odd for an MMO.

When I checked early yesterday (Roughly 11am Eastern time), each world had an average of ~32 people. It could be much different at peak times, but let's go with it.

In the starter area, everyone is pushed to Earth, so you have up to 31 other people to communicate with. When you hit Infected, three factions already split that. You are now down to 10 people. Also, Infected contains a large portion of new players with how quickly you pass from the starter world. That's not a lot of people to talk to especially since not all will be actively engaged in Kingdom chat. And many will be very inexperienced with the game.

I am not sure about Dregs, as I have only been there once, but I assume it would be similar to Infected in faction splits. 

It's also not even clear what the reach of different channels are. Are there zone wide channels, only reaching your particular zone (ie Moosename‽)? Are there World wide channels (All Infected US East, regardless of zone)? Channels split across all of the same shards of the world (all Infecteds) Channels that encompass all of a time zone? (All US Easts?) Channels that allow communication with everyone anywhere? And how does faction play into all of the above?

I understand access is limited for a closed beta, but without more established communication systems, friend lists, or even a way to easily ask questions of other players from within the client, dropping general does seem like an odd move.

2 hours ago, MacDeath said:

I can understand limiting in-game cross-zone chat in a PvP game WHEN IT GOES LIVE. To remove it during beta when a new wave of invites went out seems double dumb.

One good thing, now folks know what will happen if they launch with this, unless things will be magically different at launch.

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

One good thing, now folks know what will happen if they launch with this, unless things will be magically different at launch.

Well, one thing that I expect to be different at launch... I expect thousands of players online for many hours per day at launch, compared to a few dozen today. So, I expect we'll see many more worlds, and maybe more zones per world. 

macdeath_sig.png

This is an unacceptable change. Out of all the changes, bugs, crashes, and custard-ups, this is BY FAR the worst. 

If someone is behaving poorly, its your job as developers to address the person. Punishing all of us is absurd and clearly that response of people who don't put a lot of thought behind changes. 

Get it together. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

6 hours ago, EvilGhandi said:

This is an unacceptable change. Out of all the changes, bugs, crashes, and custard-ups, this is BY FAR the worst. 

If someone is behaving poorly, its your job as developers to address the person. Punishing all of us is absurd and clearly that response of people who don't put a lot of thought behind changes. 

Get it together. 

How do you get rid of the top?